Rejection

He's Beautiful

 

Lee’s Residence.

 

                Taemin went back to his desk, he takes out a new paper to re-write his long college essay that he accidently torn by Taein’s scream just now. He sighs and complaints to himself. Jongin came in crashing to his bed; he didn’t mind Taemin who was glancing. He took out his phone and starts searching for ‘Angel_s members’ profile’. He said it pretty clear to make Taemin heard. “Stalking…?” Taemin asks while copying back his essay from the previous work. Jongin grins insanely, Taemin smirked. “Wait, this Angel_s, are they debuted girl group?”. He stops his action and near himself next to Jongin, he scoots to the side to give Taemin space. “Duh… what do you think I’m doing?” He showed Taemin the pictures of each member. He wasn’t amused. Taemin wanted to go back at his study desk and continue. “Seohyun, Suzy, Jiyoung…ooh and…M-minzy?” Jongin murmured, leaving Taemin to stop and look at back at him. “Minzy? Full name?” He sits back, leaning his shoulder at Jongin’s. “Aish, umm… Gong Minji, ~” Taemin smacked his shoulder. He snatch Jongin’s phone and have a good look at the picture displayed.

“Hyung, what’s wrong… biasing already?” He frowns; Taemin shook and gave him back the phone calmly. He went back to his desk. Jongin expect him to continue but he didn’t. Taemin packed his works and put it neatly at his school bag. He also helps arranging Jongin’s scattered home works at his study desk. He thanked Taemin and felt slightly weird about his big brother. Usually, he doesn’t like to stall his home works but now he do. “You finish your home works or I’ll tell omma you’re watching …” Taemin blackmailed him after he finish arranging everything up. Jongin stood up quickly and went to his desk; he threw his phone at his bed. Taemin chuckles to himself. The older one went downstairs leaving the maknae dumbfounded doing his home works alone.

Downstairs, Taemin meet up with Taein. She hits his shoulder while rolling her eyes. Taemin sighs to himself. He turns and decided to confront her. “Yaa Lee Taein?” she turns coldly as she hears her name being called. She yawns. “What…” raising her eyebrows. “Fine, let’s have a talk?” Taemin asks awkwardly, she curved smile. She nods. Taemin grab her hand and they approaches to the living room. She pulls her hand away as the reaches there; she sat down by the couch coldly. Taemin sighs…again.

“So, let’s talk about what?” She complaints, he scoot next to her. He doesn’t want to fight with her, well not continuously. “Umm, congrats?” He sticks out his hand to shakes with her but she smirks and rolled her eyes, looking at the TV. “Well, you waste your time on saying so. I’d better go upstairs, so I can finish my packing…” She stood up, pulling her shirt down. “Going already? Too soon?” He frowns, he grabs he shoulder forcing her to turn and face him. She nodded. “Wait, how did you get cast in?” He questions. She let out a heavy sigh. She pushes him down to sit at the couch, and then she scoots in.

“You see, brother. You weren’t there went the group agency came to our school. They did an audition casting for girls my age at the college and my friends force me to sign up for the casting…” She briefly explained. Taemin realized, he was not there. He was absent due to his flu. He asks her to continue. “Well, I just dance and sang a bit… now 3 months later, I got cast in!” She cheers for herself. Taemin relaxed his stiff shoulder but he still couldn’t understand her whole statement. “How can you be in a group that already debuted without any training?” Taein was taken aback by his words. “Well, they’ll be giving me the contract tomorrow and we’ll see?”

Taemin shook his head lightly. Taein scratches her head, she realize what her twins saying is true. Even though she does have this perfect talent like singing and dancing but without training, she can’t stand out. She takes in some thoughts too.  “So you’ll be leaving as soon you meet with the agency staff?” He asked, looking quite disappointed. They both took note even if they got into a huge fight with each other, they still can’t be separate. “Well, I’ll miss omma, appa and you…” She grins. “Noona, what about me?!” Jongin yelled at the stairs. The twins chuckled as their maknae get close. Taein ruffled his hair. “You too, pabo…” They did a group hug, after a 10 seconds long of hugging, Taein received a phone call.

----------

“Umm, Lee Taein ssi?”

“Speaking…”

“Oh yes, I think you noticed the email?”

“Yes, of course!”

“Congratulation then. Kim Ryeowook imnida, your personal manager.”

“Personal manager? Wow…”

“Hehe, I’ll be coming to your house tomorrow, for the contract agreement.”

“Ok, sure?”

“If you 100% agreed with this, better pack things up. I might just ‘kidnap’ you tomorrow.”

“Ok?”

“Well, see you tomorrow then.”

“Nae, annyeong…”

----------

 

Who’s the fuss?” Jonging asks while Taein did her insane smile again. Taemin flicked her forehead to make her back in senses. “The agencies staff… aka my personal manager!” she shouts. “If you agreed…” Taemin rolled his eyes; he went to the kitchen to munch something. Taein heart were skipping a beat, is like she have met her prince. She placed her hand at her chest, pressing in it hard and chanting something. Jongin look at her in confuse. He snaps his fingers. “N-nae?” She stammered. “Aish, this girl…” the maknae patted her back and ran to the kitchen to get some of Taemin’s snack. Taemin quickly hides his snack under his baggy shirt. Jongin saw where he was hiding. He tickles his brother to get it. Taein was giggling to herself looking at her two childish-like brothers.

 She breathes in and out with her eyes close, scared of what going to happen. And she’s still in the mix, whether Taemin was right or wrong about the training stuff.

 

-------

 

 

Next Day.

 

                Taein woke up earlier that she thought she couldn’t. Her mom also cooks some for the upcoming special guest to arrive. She scattered most of her outfits on the ground. She tries so hard looking for the girl group-like fashion. She wears, ‘V’ neck shirt with a jacket on and a short jean, to show off her perfect long and thin legs. Taemin was off to his partner house, Krystal for some school assignments, leaving Jongin the one to help their mom at the kitchen.

“Omma!” Taein runs down from the stairs, almost stumble by her clumsiness but superhero maknae Jongin was fast enough to catch her from falling down. “Gomawo, Jonginnie…” He nods proudly but then he was surprised by her outfit. “You wearing that? Ew?” He said, annoyingly. “Ah wae?” she points at herself while raising her shoulder up. “I don’t know, too expose?” he observe while touching his chin. Taein ignore him and ran to the kitchen. “Omma, what do you think?” her mother turns, and widen her eyes as she saw her daughter’s outfit. “My, my… Taein-ah… this is…this is so…”

*DING DONG*

The bells ring. She show thumbs up to her mother and ran to get the door. Jongin was near enough to open it but he stops when Taein suddenly shout ‘don’t open the door’ at him, he froze at one spot. She look at the glass reflection and fix herself for the last time before opening the door. She opens it and saw a quite good-looking man wearing a simple cardigan and long jeans with sneakers. He startled when Taein suddenly open it.

“Annyeong… you must be Taein, I’m Ryeowook…” he lends his hand to shake with hers but Taein stood there, staring at his figures. She was mesmerized by the present of him, her manager. ‘My manager is effing cool!’, she thought. “Umm, are you Taein?” he snaps her fingers. “N-nae? Oh yes, Lee Taein imnida! Come in!” she pulls her hand by the time she shakes hand with him. Her mom pinched the frozen Jongin to greet the guest. So they did.

“This is my mom and my brother…” she points him to her family. He friendly introduces himself. Taein signs her mom to serve water while giving the same glance to Jongin to help their mother off. They both disappear to the kitchen. She politely invite him to sit down, she sat next to him while pulling her jeans down since her thighs starts feeling chills. Ryeowook smile cynically looking at her. “Fashion, A+…” He blurts. Taein frowns in confuse. “Excuse me?” she asks. “Oh nothing, your fashion sense is great. You’ll get marked as a newbie…” They both smile within the compliment. Her mother came in with a fresh cold orange juice. Taein in the other hand, scared to know whether the guest will like the drink or not. “Oh, orange juice, my favorite. Gomawo ahjummanim” He takes a sip after her mother fill in the drink for them. Taein showed thumbs up and she leaves them both alone.

“So without wasting any more times, read this first.” He took out piles of sheets, too much for her to read. “Wow…” she murmured. She reads and skims the contract slowly one by one. At each page, her heart pounding fast and faster. “I think you know the basic, right? Like no dating and…” he asks, she nods unconditionally while continuing on her reading. She’s never been this focus before not even when there’s just a week of having monthly tests.

 

‘You will be under training and lecturing under our agency for 2 months straight without the members and for the third month; you can start living with them and make your full official practice at the fifth month And you will be introduce in their comeback music video next month and debuts in their follow-up comeback single.’

 

She gulps reading it. It was far than complicated but she was relieved she’s given over 5 months of training but that’s not enough, she thought. “So?” Ryeowook in act to calm the nervous Taein down. “Can I ask you something?” She bit her lower lips, he insist her to continue. “The other members, how long they’ve been trained and how old were them that time?” She sighs. Ryeowook happily respond. “Umm they’ve been trained around 4-5 years and they were around 10-15 years old.” Taein lean backwards, she hung wide open. Ryeowook pats her back. “And you expect me to be train for only 5-6 months!” She palm her face in frustration while Ryeowook demands her to relax.

“Do you know the reason on why we choose you over thousands of girls sing up for the audition? Because you have this talent that we don’t see on others. You good in dancing, got techniques in singing, you fit this girl group images and has a bright personalities. So we think talented person like you can handle our hell without any complaints and I thought you’d be happy for debuting early?” She stood up, fixing herself, she looks at her him, worriedly. “I am happy but I’m scared they might hate me for it?” Ryeowook pull her to sit back down. “The girls, Oh they’ll love you!” he cheers her. She curved a light smile on her lips, trying to get her happy spirits back. While…

 

Angel_s Dorm.

 

“Unnie, unnie, unnie!” Jiyoung ran into Seohyun’s room, she was combing Suzy’s hair. “What?” they both replies, Jiyoung ignore Suzy and focus at Seohyun. “One of our staff is going to meet the new girl!” She cries. Seohyun and Suzy chuckles. “Well, that’s great. Looks like we’re meeting her soon, right Sueji ah?” She asks the maknae while she nods. The fake maknae look at them, confuse. She look at Suzy and couldn’t believe she have fall into Seohyun’s trap, that is accepting the new member. “Jiyoung ah, relax. I don’t think she’ll be a threat to us.” Suzy answered in a teasing tone. Jiyoung pouts angrily and the both of them. She kicks Suzy chair and ran outside to search for Minzy, the one she thought who can really understand her worries. They roommates giggled after she left and continuing their beauty treatment to each other. “Are you sure, she’s the Taein that you once know at your old high school?” Seohyun asks while straighten her hair to measures the height. “I’m more than sure. She is the Lee Taein that I used to be friends with and deep inside, I’m actually quite nervous. I can’t believe she actually got casted and now we’re going to be teammates.” Suzy placed her hand at her chest, gripping it because she suddenly got butterflies at her stomach. Seohyun giggles, while her forehead.

Minzy was busy memorizing their new dance routine for their next month comeback. She was practicing hard at the wide living room since they don’t have couch, they have big space to practice at their dorm without going to the dance studio. Then she stops seeing the sulking Jiyoung approaching her. She rubs her head to make the fake maknae cheer up again. “Yaa Kang Jiyoung, what’s wrong?” they both sit down on the ground, Minzy lean at the wall since she was tired enough. “Looks like the new member have been officially signing the contract to our group.” Minzy spits the water she was drinking. “What! This can’t be…” she puts the bottle away, Jiyoung wipes some of her spits that land on her face.

Seohyun and Suzy later join them with facial masks on. “Aish, you two…” Minzy sighs. Seohyun near herself to Jiyoung, she scoots away from her. Seohyun giggles and decides to face Minzy. “Unnie, you don’t want to rebel this!” she yelled. “Why rebel, just accept the fact that the company already agree to do so.” Minzy folds her together, showing her disapprove face. “I wish my dad was the one who own this company so I could REJECT her…” they all look at Seohyun. She hid her face down, so they knew about Seohyun secret. Then Heechul comes in, shock seeing the girls condition. Seohyun and Suzy wearing facial masks while Jiyoung nose is red and Minzy is bathing sweats. “Urgh, fix yourself girls. So, the new girl is set to be trained next week and after 3 months of her training, she’ll finally stay with you guys.” Seohyun stood up and smile, follow by Suzy. Jiyoung and Minzy both shrug away from them.

“Face it, you can’t turn the table?” Seohyun question.

___________________________________

Hey~ Daniel is back!!

So this chapter is pretty intense.
I've been writing non stop from night
to dawn (Yeah right :p)
So hope you guys like it, Taein's training
(+ ACCIDENT) coming up soon.

SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE OK! TaeMinzy FTW~ *Muahh*