Five

Don't you want me too?

 

After he got the book that he wanted, Yongguk started to walk back to his seat. Along the way, he saw her leaning on one of the book shelves. He wanted to approach her but something or someone hold him back. She turned to her back and saw the guy she’s in love with. A sigh only escaped his lips. He looked at the non-official but perfect couple dejectedly. He snapped out of his thought when somebody waved a hand in front of his face. Frowning, he looked at the owner if the hand. He sighed again, in annoyed.

 

“Annyeong,” Jieun said in a quiet tone, smiling brightly while hugging her file.

“What?” as he gave her a look.

“Can you help me with my assignment? I’m kind of stuck” shyly she hand him the paper with both hands and bow slightly “please” she looked up with pleading eyes.

Yongguk froze for a second. He stared at her big eyes. Woa-!@#$% what?? He shook the thought away. He took it quickly and left to his seat forgetting about the girl he saw earlier.

 

Smiling, Jieun walked behind him. She sat beside him but Yongguk pushed her away signaling her to sit across from him. She complied and started to point out where she did wrong. Yongguk took a quick look at her work and frowned.

 

“You got the formula wrong,” he took out his notes and showed her the correct formula.

Jieun look at it and compare with her own formula “G.A.S.P, you’re right. Then, almost all of my working is wrong” she bit her nail.

“I don’t get you. You already sit on the front line yet you copied it wrongly? I guess small eyes can focus more clearly,” he chuckled.

She didn’t respond and were already busied herself doing her corrections quickly “I’m dead” she muttered the words repeatedly. She can’t even write properly and only do more mistakes. She needed to hand it back due later.

Yongguk frowned “Calm down while doing it, okay?” he lean back on the chair. He could see her face clearly. She chewed her bottom lip hardly, her forehead creased, hands shaking and her eyes watered. That made him sat up.

She shifted on her seat uncomfortably. Before her eyes got blurred from tears, a finger poked her arm gently. She looked up. Yongguk slid the paper to her. She took a look at it and realized that it was his work.

 

“Stop staring and keep working. You don’t have much time left right?” he looked away.

Jieun knew what it means. Wiping her tears away, she took it “thank you Alien” she smiled.

He stared at her and somehow felt good when seeing her smile again “do your work and talk less” he crossed his arms.

“Yessir” she smiled and started to copy his work quickly and more neatly this time.