EXTRA: Christmas Special for "Close Your Eyes"

Phoenix Writing Request Shop

 

Username: Wishonastarrynight

Main Characters: OC and Yoochun (other Mains in real story)

Song: Shinhwa -- On the Road (This isn't the song that inspired this special...it's the song that I **want** to fit the entire story)

Author's Note: Sooo, this is the Christmas special of my main fic that I'm working on right now. It's actually my first and I hold it dear to my heart. Mi Kyoung is definitely a character that I care a lot about. She is a part of my soul. So, I wanted to do something with her and Yoochun for Christmas. *shrugs* if you like this enough, please look at what I have written for the story so far HERE. :) If not, that's alright too. I'll be okay with that. Take care dear readers~ Happy New Year! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Where is Uncle Myung Bae?” Jang Mi’s voice cut through the quiet recorded voices on the television. Prying my eyes away from the screen, I blinked up at the girl that stood in the entrance. Her long hair was tied into a messy bun that had become even messier due to sleep. What I didn’t get though, was that her eyes barely had dark circles or signs of the lack of sleep we received the night before. Envious, I went back to watching the Christmas movie.

                “He took Hyo Sook-ah and Auntie out to celebrate Christmas, just the three of them,” I replied.

                “What about Chairman? And Hyun Ae?”

                “Uncle had to work and Hyun Ae went out with friends.”

                “A guy friend?” she inquired with a smile as she plopped down on the couch next to me. Glancing her way, the corners of my mouth tugged up at the embarrassing memory of my cousin’s last boyfriend that she had brought to the house. “You’re thinking of it, aren’t you?” she laughed, pointing at me. A full smile stretching across my face, I nodded before I too burst into laughter.

                “She probably won’t bring him here,” I laughed, “even if we were the only two people home all day.”

                “I wouldn’t bring my boyfriend if I—” she cut off when the front door slammed open. Instantly, she grabbed a hold of me and stared in the direction of the entrance. Without a second’s notice, a figure jumped in front which made Jang Mi screech in fright. Wincing at how tight she was clutching onto me, I looked up at the perpetrator wearing a Santa hat and beard. Sighing heavily, I tapped the frightened girl and nodded in the person’s direction once more.

                “Jaejoong?!” she yelled in annoyance, shooting up right at once to beat at him with her fists. “How dare you? Two girls are home alone and you scare us?” Amused, he laughed and pressed his forefinger to her forehead and forced her to sit back down.

                “Merry Christmas!” Junsu yelled as he ran into the house, decked in reindeer antlers and a red nose. Smiling, Jang Mi calmed down and looked between both of our sunbaes.

                “Why are you here?” I blurted in confusion. In response, Jang Mi hit me on the arm.

                “Hello Oppas, Merry Christmas, I missed you,” Junsu stated with a slight scowl on his face. Opening my mouth to respond, I immediately shut it when I noticed Jaejoong smirk and step in my direction.

                “Did you throw her shoes and coat out?”

                “Yep, he has them and is waiting,” Junsu informed.

                “What do you mean? You mean my shoes and coat? What are—Yah! Don’t you dare touch me Jaejoong!” I yelled, getting up when he came even closer and tried to grab at me. “I am not going outside!” I snapped as he eventually caught a hold of me. As he started to drag me out, Jang Mi took the rubber band out of her hair and passed it to me. Reluctant to accept, I tried my best to escape. No matter how hard I hit or struggled, he was, in fact, too strong for me. “Jaejoong!” I snapped when he set me at the bottom of the stairs outside and tried to rush back. Furrowing my brow, I rushed after him only to have the door slammed in my face and locked. Slamming my fist on the door, I looked down at my slippers. Grimacing, I turned around to see Yoochun now awkwardly standing at the base of the stairs with my coat and boots in hand. Huffing out, I turned back and rang the doorbell over and over. After a few minutes, the door opened to reveal Junsu holding out the rubber band that I had rejected.

                “Slippers,” he awkwardly demanded. Thinking about the frozen ground and how much I wanted to be inside surrounded by warmth, I tried to push past him. “Kyoungie!” he warned. I then stepped back and stood there scowling at him. When I knew that he wouldn’t budge, I took off my slippers and threw them at him. Hurt, the idol passed me the hair tie and shut the door.

                “Why are you kicking me out of my own house on Christmas?” I huffed and turned around to face Yoochun once again. Passing me my shoes, he stayed put as I begrudgingly slipped them on. Not even bothering about my coat, I tied my hair up and shoved past him.

                “Mi Kyoung-ah,” he called out when a cold burst of air smacked me in the face. Heart stilling at the sound of his voice forming my name, I turned back aground, realizing the goose bumps rising on my skin. “Come here,” he instructed, his tone growing a bit soft. Pressing my lips together, I retraced my steps and stopped in front of him. “You’re so stupid,” he teased as he shook out my coat and helped me into it. Ashamed, I kept my head ducked low as warmth washed over me. Without knowing what would happen, his gentle lips pressed against my forehead. “Merry Christmas.” He smiled before knocking his knuckles against the side of my head and walking off. Sometimes, I would never understand his way of thinking. His mind would forever be a mystery to me. A mystery that had me coming back for more no matter how much he annoyed me.

                “Wait! Where are you going?” I inquired, running to catch up with him. Not speaking a word, he grabbed my hand and tugged me along. Although I wanted to express the many questions that sat at the tip of my tongue, I merely went along. I followed him into the cap that he waved over, and let him take me to downtown Seoul without uttering a single word. However, once there, it grew harder to keep myself from asking. “What are we doing here?”

                “To spend Christmas together,” he announced as if I was stupid.

                “You mean with fans?” I hissed, glancing about as he moved to leave the cab. Shaking his head, the idol took my hand and dragged me out of the car in the direction of a stand that carried hats and scarves. At once, he picked up a billed cap and placed it over my head. Grinning, he tied a large scarf around my face. Furrowing my brow, I chose the worst hat and forced it over his head before taking off the scarf that he gave me and wrapped it around his own neck.

                “You need one too,” he insisted as he tried to take it off. Stilling his hand, I grabbed a fuzzy white scarf and wrapped it around my neck. With that, he paid and walked on with a huff. Chewing on the insides of my cheeks, I followed behind him, taking in all of the festivities occurring around us. Spotting a handful of people not far off skating on an open rink, I smiled.

                “Yoochun, let’s go over there,” I mentioned, keeping my eyes glued to the rink full of couples happily skating together.

                “No,” he dismissed the second he set eyes upon the sight. “There are too many people, someone could recognize us. You’re not particularly unknown, you know.”

                “Then what was the reason for these disguises? This scarf is big enough to cover half of my face!”

                “They’re for when someone randomly stumbles across us, not for us to go into the middle of a pack of wolves.”

                “Does that make sense? I really want to go over there!” I pouted.

                “Then go, I won’t stop you,” he concluded.

                “How will I pay? Come with!” I pleaded, grabbing his arm to shake it.

                “No,” he said, frowning. Narrowing my eyes, I shoved his arm away and my heel.

                “Fine, I’ll go ask a stranger,” I sniffed and headed in the direction of the rink. Once there, I stopped and surveyed those before me. Off to the side of the rink was a group of four guys hanging around, most likely hoping to have girls come up to them. Sighing, I decided to ask them since they were the only ones who weren’t focused on someone else. “Hi,” I greeted and plastered a smile on my face. Excited to finally have someone approach them, the boys smiled and quietly greeted me in return. “So,” I started off, “my friend ditched me because he was afraid of falling on the ice and embarrassing himself. The only thing is that—”

                “Are you talking bad about me to others?” Yoochun questioned. Jumping in shock, I spun around to see him standing there with skates in hand. Embarrassed, I apologized to the group of now confused boys and took the skates from the idol’s hands. “And who said we were friends? I’m clearly older than you,” he whispered when we sat on an empty bench.

                “Do you want me to call you ‘Oppa’ like Jang Mi does?”

                “I’ve known you longer than I’ve known her, so why not? She even called me ‘Oppa’ the moment we met!”

                “Forget it,” I sighed, getting up to carefully tread to the ice in my skates. Once at my destination, I wobbly slid as my blades sliced through the slippery cold substance. Remembering how long it had been since I last skated, I clenched my shaking hands and continued to slowly slide one foot forward after the other. In a matter of seconds, Yoochun glided right past me, laughing. Stopping, I stubbornly set my jaw forward as my ego spiked to frightening heights. Unconsciously deciding to outdo him, I leaned forward and kicked off at a dangerous speed. However, the only thing that I didn’t think about was that I had forgotten how to turn let alone stop. Heart nearly bursting out of my chest, I cried out and kept going until I slammed into the barrier of the rink, barely missing Yoochun in the process. Sliding down the padded edge, I closed my eyes and felt my cheeks flame up.

                “Mi Kyoung, are you alright?” Yoochun whispered.

                “Yes, just help me away,” I whispered back after a few seconds of shameful silence. Without uttering another word, his arms wrapped around my waist and helped me up. Pressing my face into his chest, I let him ease me to the exit and to a bench. Sitting, I covered my face and bent over.

                “Stupid,” he snorted as he worked on taking off my skates. “Don’t do things that you know you can’t. It becomes messy if you do,” he instructed. “I’ll be right back. You should put your shoes on, okay?” he added and left me alone. Why did he have to scold me of all people? If he didn’t tease me for the inability to skate well, then this whole scene wouldn’t have happened. I picked my head up in frustration and instantly slipped my shoes on before getting up. Pulling the hood of my coat over my face, I ducked my head and started to walk away. Freezing, I stuck my hands into my pockets and felt something paper-like deep in the corner of one of the pockets. Fishing it out, I found that what I held in my hand was none other than a note for 5,000 won. Deciding that I should find somewhere to eat, I put it back in my pocket and continued until I found a bakery. Satisfied, I pressed through the door and ordered as much bread as I could possibly afford. With that, I took a seat near a window. Warmth settled over me once more as I picked up one of my pieces of bread.

                “There you are,” Yoochun heaved after the bell above the door tinkled its welcome. “You can’t just disappear like that. You made me look like an idiot.”

                “You fit that look,” I muttered in English. Why did he always have to come running after me? In the process of tearing off a piece of bread in annoyance, I accidentally tore off a piece of bread bigger than what I had intended, which caused me to simply stop. Snorting at the sight, Yoochun leaned forward and bit the extra amount off. Blinking, I stared at him until I had the urge to do something ridiculous. At once, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. It took a few seconds before I realized what I had done. Shocked, I pulled back. “Merry Christmas,” I stupidly whispered after a moment or two of awkward silence. Smiling, he reached over and pushed the bill of my hat down.

                “Merry Christmas, Mi Kyoung-ah.”