Words On A Page

Phoenix Writing Request Shop

 

 

Username: NewClear-kay

Main Characters: Sunggyu and Woohyun

Song: Kim Sunggyu-- I Need You

Author's Note: Hello all! ^___^ How are you? So, this one was a bit harder. I think it's because this pair is one of my younger sister's OTP...sooo they're not exactly my muses. I didn't know how to write this, and it's a bit different. I hope that it wasn't poorly written though. Anyway, I had this handwritten for a little while now...before Christmas actually xD But I wanted to get this written and then my "Christmas speicals" written...it took this long to write my specials *sigh* Two of them will be posted here though, before I work on the waiting list of fics. So, I hope you enjoy those as well~ Love you~ Merry (late) Christmas! And Happy New Year everyone ^____^ 

To Kay: I hope that you enjoyed this. I worked hard...but I don't think it came out half as well as I expected it to. I hope that you like the poster as well :D It's my first attempt to use Photoshop (was using a different program earlier) so it took hours...ask Jojo xDD 

Love youuuuu~

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

                “Sunggyu…” I whispered, staring straight into the eyes of the smiling man that stood before me in awkward silence. The two of us had come to Osaka together. When I heard of the news that Sunggyu was heading to Japan alone to promote his solo album, I begged the company to host a fan meeting there around the same time so that he had someone to support him. Now that the fan meeting was over, I was forced to head back a slight bit earlier than my leader so that I could join our other members once more and work alongside them. Although he never expressed it out loud, I believed that he would feel lonely without someone there in this foreign place.

                From the dark glassy look in his beautifully small eyes, I knew for a fact that he was worried. He was worried that his album wouldn’t get much publicity; that his attempts to put his own music into the world would be swallowed up in seconds. However, this man—my leader and role model—would never relay this news to anyone else no matter how worried he was. No, he would rather that he shouldered everything instead of “hindering” the ones he cared for.

                Taking a deep breath, I smiled wide and pulled him into a tight hug, “Have fun and don’t forget to call us, okay? I’ll wait for you Hyung!”

                Letting go of him, I reluctantly parted with the one man I would put my life aside for if he willed it. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder as I slowly put distance in between my dear hyung and me, my heart painfully twisted at his absence of emotion at my departure.

                “Woohyun,” he called out when I was a handful of steps away from the terminal. Breath catching at the base of my throat, I took a second before turning around to face him once more. “Once on the plane, check your bag to see if anything is missing. Call me right once you land in Korea, and let me know, okay?” he instructed.

Air slowly expelling out of my mouth in disappointment, I forced a cheesy smile to form on my lips before waving and quickly crossing the rest of the distance to the terminal, disappearing at once before my heart could tell me otherwise. If I didn’t leave before anything convinced me to stay in Osaka with him, I would regret for the rest of my life. I needed to focus on my work, not on the way my heart pounded whenever I was around our leader.

Once on the plane, I threw myself into my seat and puffed up my cheeks in annoyance as my thoughts slipped to what he last said to me. Why did he tell me to check my bag? Was I an idiot that stupidly forgot things? I guess there were a handful of times where I did forget, but that didn’t count! I can fend for myself. Going against what he instructed, I threw my bag into the empty seat beside me and slid further down in my own seat.

“Nam Woohyun!” Girls yelled as I stepped out of the terminal the moment I was back in Korea. Glee at the sight of my fans waiting for my return, I smiled brightly and enthusiastically greeted them on my way out. By the time I was ushered to the car that was destined for my group’s dorm, I had forgotten all about calling Sunggyu.

“Hey Hyung,” a familiar voice called out the second I opened the familiar door. Smiling, I quickly threw my bag down and joined Myungsoo, Dongwoo and Sungyeol in front of our small TV. “How was Japan?” Sungyeol questioned, his eyes glued to the screen.

“It was fun! We went to the Minami shopping district when we both had free time,” I stated, peering at the television to see what was so interesting.

“Did you get me anything?” Sungjong’s voice sounded as he rushed to my backpack to dig through it. Not paying attention, I let the program playing before my eyes clutch onto my mind. “Hyung, what’s this? It has Sunggyu Hyung’s handwriting!” he demanded. A sound like ripping paper erupted, forcing me to pry my eyes from the screen. Eyes widening, I rushed over to pluck the envelope from the maknae’s hands. Running away before he could try to take it back, I disappeared into the side room and threw myself onto my bed. There, I took a deep breath and opened it up the rest of the way. Pulling out the letter, I unfolded it and began to read what was scrawled across the paper in Sunggyu’s lovely handwriting.

Woohyun-Ah,

You’re reading this at the dorm, aren’t you? Jerk. I explicitly told you to look in your bag on the plane…unless I forgot to tell you. Did I? If not, then why didn’t you listen to me? You never listen to me…

It took a lot of courage for me to write this, and you threw it away? If you’re thinking that you’ll call once you’re done, you can’t. Not because I don’t want to answer, but because my phone will be unable to receive calls after a certain time. So, you should have read this on the plane and called me once you had the chance. You blockhead.

Anyway, if you did do as you were told, then read through this and take some time to think it through. You see, I’ve tried hard to put my feelings on hold. I’ve tried to distance myself from you, but with the fact that I’m the leader and that each time I look at you my resolve weakens, I couldn’t. Many people have told me goodbye and have walked out of my life that my heart built a wall against letting people get too close.

Don’t get me wrong, I care for each of you dearly. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not scared about any of you leaving me to fend for myself. I’ve decided, though, that I really need you. You’ve broken through the wall I’ve made. You’ve made me think again about my choices, and it’s scaring me. For a while, I’ve wanted to bear my heart for you, but it was so terrifying that I never did. Now, I think my heart is brave enough to tell you…through a note…because it’s more painful to hold it in than keep quiet.

Woohyun-ah…I love you. I’ve loved you since I first set eyes on you during our trainee days. On and off, I’ve wondered what it would be like if you felt the same. So, if you do, then please call me. Call as soon as you can. If you don’t, I won’t worry about it much longer, and I’ll work on moving on. But please, don’t run away. If you did, I don’t think I could handle it any longer. I’m sorry, Woohyun-ah, but I’m not at the same time. Well, I’ll be waiting for your answer.

Love,

Sunggyu

                Heart racing at an unimaginable speed, I reread the note three times over before shakily fishing out my phone. My fingers stumbled over the screen, but I eventually was able to pull up Sunggyu’s number.

                “I’m sorry, but the number you have tried to call is unavailable,” the mandatory mechanical message stated in both Japanese and Korean. Frustration welling up inside of me, I ended the call and threw my phone. Why did I have to be so stupid and see the letter at such a late time? Like what Sunggyu stated in his letter, I was a major blockhead. Screaming out in frustration, I grabbed my pillow and pressed it to my face. Wanting nothing but to escape, I kicked my legs. In the middle of trying to get out my frustration, I heard a knock on the door. With that, I did my best to lay still. In a matter of seconds, the knocking went away and I was left to lay there until I fell asleep.

                “Hyung! Get your lazy up!” Sungjong yelled as he tried to shake me awake. “We need to go to our first schedule of the day that’s in less than two hours! We’re picking up Sunggyu along the way!”

                “He’s coming back? So soon?” I gasped, sitting up, the pillow falling off of my face along the way.

                “He has a concert to attend tonight,” Hoya answered. Scrambling out of bed, I pushed past Sungjong and rushed to the bathroom.

                “Yah!” the maknae yelled in annoyance. Ignoring him, I shoved Sungyeol out of the bathroom and started to get ready myself.

                “What’s gotten into him?” I heard Sungyeol ask in frustration.

                “Leader is coming back,” Myungsoo snorted in response. With that, I ignored them and focused on simply getting ready. In less than no time, I was out of the door and on my way to the airport—along with the other five members. By the time we reached our destination, I moved to burst out of the door, but Myungsoo’s hand tightened on my shoulder. “We were told not to go in. Remember? There are still fans,” he insisted. Swallowing, I counted to ten before pushing the door open and running inside. Stopping the moment I saw Sunggyu being swarmed with fans, I smiled and walked towards him, pushing past confused people.

                “Hyung,” I called out when I was closer. Shocked, he looked in my direction only to stop in his tracks. Smiling widely, I pushed past fans and wrapped him in my arms. “I’ll be here for you as long as you want, and whenever you want. I’ll help you say goodbye to those who have left you behind,” I whispered, tightening my arms around him.