Chapter four: Interesting...

Lying is not part of the Agenda

- I know I haven't said anything as an author yet but thank you for bothering to read so far. I apologise for the late update because I write well only when I feel inspired so if it's more horrible than what is already written I wouldn't dare to publish it heheh. Well I just wanted to dedicate this new chapter to charmallama for the continuous support, it really touches me that someone bothers to comment hahaha. So, idols are finally included hehe. Enjoy. -

Another new and boring day, yay, not really. To make matters worst I had marriage meetings today. My father just does not want to give up trying to settle me down before his deathbed, oops.

Park called the day before telling me to meet him and Yerin for lunch. He told me that his cousin from the States was coming back and that I should meet him. I was stubborn and lazy to at first but damn that persuasive tone, I agreed anyway.

As expected I was late by ten minutes. Yerin appeared peeved but the immense relief on her face - that I actually came - was more prominent than her anger so I took the queue to sit down beside the handsome stranger.

“About time…” Park said.

I waved his comment to one side and picked up the menu. I ordered and besides me talking, the table remained awkwardly silent.

“Well, since we’re all here, time for the introductions? This is my cousin Minhyuk hyung. Minhyuk hyung, this is my fiancé Yerin and the one beside you is our best friend, Eunri.” Park’s eyes shifted to mine, “Eunri, this is Minhyuk.”

“I heard you the first time Park…” I couldn’t help but retort.

Minhyuk stifled a snicker and held out his hand for me to accept. He seemed familiar but I didn’t recognize his name from anywhere so I ignored that passing thought. He was very charming and had a beautiful smile. His bronze hair was not combed yet perfectly tousled in a way that could flutter any woman’s heart. His eyes were bright and taunting as if looking forward to a challenge.

He also seemed like a player the way he smirked and winked at the passing ladies in posh and tight cocktail dresses. I shook my head but decided – it was okay to be friends with a player but it’ll be a deathtrap if you ever fall for one.

His hand was unexpectedly smooth when he gripped my hand with such firmness that I was slightly dazed while staring into his mysterious eyes. He was far too attractive.

“Why does she call you Park? Only uncle calls you that.” Minhyuk asked as he released his hypnotic eyes off mine.

I blinked in confusion. What the hell just happened? I focused back into the real world as Park spoke.

He seemed abashed as he answered, “I don’t know. I introduced myself as Park Kyung and she stuck with calling me Park instead.”

All eyes were suddenly on me. “Is calling you Park not okay?” I heard my voice spoke.

Yerin interrupted, “It’s true though Eunri ah. Everyone calls him Kyung or Kyungie but only you call him Park.”

Once again I asked Park, “You don't like me calling you Park?”

He seemed shy all of a sudden, which was so unlike his usual friendly and calm self. He was blushing when Minhyuk took the hint and answered with a grin on his face.

“He likes it.” Minhyuk stated. “Ever since young everyone preferred calling him Kyung but only his father ever called him by the first part of his name. It gives him a sense of importance and satisfaction in a way though he never says it. And now our dear Eunri is calling him Park too.”

Park’s face turned as bright as a tomato. I never really noticed that before but now that I think of it, I had met Park before Yerin did. We were friends first and I was the one who brought them together. Now that I actually tried to remember, Park used to have a small crush on me back when we first met.

Right as I drew that conclusion I turned to Minhyuk and shut his mouth. He only managed to say “So Kyung, the girl that you were so interested in about before was actually,” I shook my head and stared hard into his eyes to warn him to shut up.

Yerin looked really confused and pressed for him to continue but I smiled and assured her that it was her he was referring to. Park drank his glass of water awkwardly then nodded to assure her as well. His eyes told me that this was not over.

Minhyuk seemed amused at the whole exchange and I glared sideways at his obvious source of entertainment.

The food came shortly after and all four of us were silent once more. It was tense but I was more worried if Yerin might misunderstand something and go back to the introvert that she was before she met Park.

The crush was definitely just a short phase. I believed that Park really loved Yerin and his crush on me should have faded away a long time before he fell in love with Yerin. I think.

Minhyuk had offered me a car ride back to the company when I said I didn’t bring my car here. I nodded curtly and waved goodbye to Park and Yerin who went their own way.

Once they were out of earshot, Minhyuk questioned me instantly.

“You were the one my cousin fell for a few years ago?”

It sounded more like statement of fact rather than a question but I nodded as he opened the passenger door for me then shut it and entered the driver’s side.

“Did you ever have feelings for him?”

Once again it sounded more like a statement than a question. He already knew the answer but was just confirming. I shook my head as we hit the highway.

“You’re lucky he found this Yerin person or I would have personally knocked on your front door for leading my cousin on without having any form of interest.”

I laughed.

“Are you threatening me right now?” My grin stretched even wider. Now, this was amusing.

“Get your story straight boy. I never knew that he liked me. I thought we were just friends and now he’s with Yerin. Don’t spoil that if you actually care for him. He’s serious and content with her and that’s all that matters.”

The car swerved sharply to the left and then to the right as he sped up and continuously cut into other peoples’ lanes.

“You can’t scare me with this type of . You’ve got to try way harder than that boy.” I smirked as he pulled to a sharp stop in front of the company.

He turned to face me, scowling and glaring with intense loathing, I think I mirrored his expression just replace the scowl with a smug look on my face instead.

“Number one, do not look at me like that. Number two, you. Number three, do not call me ‘boy’.” He warned.

My smile did not falter, “Anything else, boy?"

His scowl turned into a deep smirk.

“Are you afraid now?” He whispered.

Once again he wasn't asking - he knew and was simply confirming. His lips had been smouldered over mine.