Misfortune after Misfortune

Perfections Turned Wrong.

 

Chapter 2: Misfortune after Misfortune

 

I successfully managed to walk outside of his apartment before my legs went weak and before I knew it, I was on the floor, crying, for help.

 

Tears came flowing and flowing till part of my shirt was wet. I could not believe Jaejoong actually did that to me, and with someone like Boram. How did she even know I was Jaejoong’s girlfriend? Did she and Jaejoong really liked each other? Or was it Boram who seduced Jaejoong because it could spite me? 

 

I was confused, really confused. What was the whole meaning of this? Why was this happening to me? What did I do wrong? 

 

Why?

Why? 

Why?

 

“Kim Jaejoong, why are you hurting me?” I asked particularly no one as more tears rolled down my cheeks like it was a waterfall. I did not care people were staring at me.It was certainly weird that this dainty young girl was crying her guts out in public. I was a person who just got cheated on, and everyone should more or less understand that.

 

Then my phone rang.

 

“Yebbo-ah, your phone is ringing~” the ringtone sounded with Jaejoong’s voice. It was so sickening to my ears, and as much as I did not want to talk to someone at this point of time, the caller ID changed my mind. 

 

Jooyoung Unnie. 

 

Oh my god, how was I supposed to answer the call with my throaty, raspy voice after crying for so long. She would sure suspect something was up. I could not tell her that this heart-breaking stuff was happening to my life. Not after I had boasted to her many many times that one day I would marry Jaejoong before her and be lovey-dovey in front of her. Not now, unnie. Not now.

 

But the phone kept ringing and it was difficult to not answer it. I tried all ways to sound and look normal, in case she wanted me to go find her. I wiped away my tears and cleared my throat several times. This should be good enough I suppose. Then, I pressed the green button on my phone.

 

“Miyoung-ah, are you there?” Jooyoung unnie’s voice sounded over the phone.

 

“Y-yeah... Why did you call me?” I tried to sound as normal as possible and guess what, I sound like a donkey who got shot right in the face and whimpering to its death.

 

“What’s wrong? You sound bad...” Jooyoung unnie replied with a hint of worry in her voice. I got busted, Jooyoung Unnie was really my unnie to understand me so well but I kept my cool and said no.

 

“Anyways, uh.. This is bad.. Uhm...” she tried to say something but she could not just wrap her mind around it. It was just ‘Uh’s and ‘uhm’s. Finally I got impatient and replied.

 

“Just quickly tell me alright? I promise I will not get angry whatsoever..”

 

“Miyoung-ah, you need to calm down and listen to what I say. Arrasso?” she replied back with a hint of worry in her voice again. Now finally she decided to tell me.

 

“Miyoung-ah.... Appa and Omma... Got into an accident.” She spoke, slowly so that I could properly register the situation in my mind. My eyes widened, my mouth went dry and my head went dizzy. 

 

“Wha....at?” I slowly spoke, being careful not to choke on my own words. 

 

“Appa and Omma got into an accident before they set off to Europe. The other car crashed into theirs and they are hurt badly.” Jooyoung unnie tried to explain but all I heard was,

 

“They are hurt badly...”

 

“Which hospital? What ward? WHERE IS APPA AND OMMA?” I screamed through the phone, unable to get anything straight. My tears that fortunately dried up were replaced with new ones that were flowing out of my eyes again. 

 

Jooyoung unnie then gave me address to the hospital and all the information I needed. I quickly got on to the taxi and went straight to the hospital. 

 

“Miyoung-ah!” Jooyoung unnie called out as she spotted me darting to all sorts of wards in the hospital. I could not care less, I just needed to see my beloved parents immediately. 

 

I spotted my sister and quickly ran to her embrace. As much I wanted to cry in her arms about Jaejoong, I could not do it now. My parents were much more important than him. 

 

“How’s Appa and Omma?” I asked in my shaky voice.

 

Jooyoung unnie could not help but look at the sign above us. The ‘Operation In Progress’ sign. 

 

Appa, Omma, please be safe. Don’t leave me and Jooyoung unnie. Please. I need you all now. Please be safe, for me.

 

I prayed hard, and harder if it was not enough for the Heavens. My tears had dried up, and there were no more tears anymore to fall. 

 

“Is Hwang Tae Hwan and Choi Sujin’s family here?” the doctor stepped out of the operation room and asked.

 

“Yes we are here.” both Jooyoung unnie and I said at the same time.

 

“I’m sorry, but we had tried our best. Mr Hwang Tae Hwan did not make it, but Mdm Choi is in critical condition. We will have to observe her a few more days before diagnosing anything.” The doctor explained with a straight face, hoping that both me and Jooyoung unnie would not get too sad over it.

 

How to not to? They were my parents, the ones who brought me up, specially nurturing me for 19 years, and bringing a wonderful sister to me. I needed 

them, I really needed them.

 

I almost fell to the floor, crying again but Jooyoung Unnie held me up, though she was not anywhere better. She let out a silent tear, something I had never seen before in my life. In my eyes, she was the strongest person ever, even stronger than Dad. She never cried, even if her favourite things were taken away from her, how she always got the worse stuff than me and also when she was hurt from bicycle incident when she was 7, leaving a lot of scars on her legs. She never cried, now here she was crying with me as well, showing how she loved Dad and Mum, just like I did. While I was still here being an useless emotional wreck and crying over both incidents.

 

Misfortune after misfortune. What had I ever done to deserve this, and implicating the people I love too? Someone please tell me. 

 

Why?

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So here's the second chapter~ Our dear MIyoung is really pitiful T^T but anways enjoy this chapter and comment about your opinions. Subscribe if you want to, goodbye~