The Savior

Not Knowing

 

Dong Yoona’s POV:

 

“PUT HER DOWN,” a stern voice said. The guys around me stopped and turned towards the voice, laughing as they come face to face with a skinny young man.

“What are you going to do, little boy?” they laughed. Compared to these muscular drunk rapists, he was small. Real small. But the loud roar of laughter stopped as the skinny man held up a gun.

“YA! Why did you leave your gun around, pabo!?” one of the men shouted.

“Put her down, guys. And I won’t shoot,” the skinny guy said calmly.

“Just because you have a gun? I’m sure you wouldn’t dare-“

BANG. The deafening sound of a gun signaled that the bullet was fired out of its barrel. The gunshot went straight to the guy who didn’t even finish his sentence. He fell to the ground dead, the bullet-mark in the middle of his eyes. The precision had stunned everyone. With that, the whole gang just dropped me, running away quickly. I was dropped next to the body so I scrambled away with my arms. In a day, I was next to two dead bodies. Maybe running away wasn’t a good idea. I hugged my knees, trying to hold in any sobs.

“Hey, I suggest you get up and get home,” the skinny man said. I stood up quickly and hugged him, burying my face in his chest.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much! I don’t-“

“Get your hands off me first.” I let go of the hug and he pushed me away from him. “That’s a better distance. You’re welcome. No go home.”

“I don’t want to. I ran away from home.”

“Whoa, we got a badass here,” he said sarcastically and walked towards the driver’s seat of the truck. He dragged the driver’s dead body and placed it next to dead . I stared the dead bodies and started to get sick. When I realized he was getting into the truck I asked, “You’re taking this?”

“Well yeah. I’m not the only one who doesn’t want to go home.”

“You ran away too?” I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes and seemed annoyed by the question but he answered, “I’ve always lived on the run.”

“From what?”

“You see what I did right? I killed a guy without mercy. I’ve been running from the police,” he said as he stared down at me. My questions were definitely annoying him. He had his fist balled up but took deep breaths to calm down.

“Let me follow you, please?” I pleaded and held the handle to the door.

“Whoa, wait, even if I saved you, what makes you think I’m gonna let you tag along with me? You’re just going to slow me down. Now get lost,” he said as he tried pulling me away from the truck. I struggled in his arms, trying to break free. I yelled, “No! I can help you! You’ll need me!”

“In what? ? Oh hell yeah. Haven’t got any of those in a while,” he answered.

“YA! Watch your mouth! I’m serious. I can help you,” I said. He had stopped dragging me away from the truck and had let me go. I was looking at him, reminding myself not to fall to my knees and cry just so that he’ll do as I say. That act would have been considered childish and spoiled. If I needed this man to be convinced, I needed to stay determined.

“I don’t think you can help at all.”

I scoffed. He really has no idea does he? I said, “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Dong Yoona. Daughter to the CEO of the Dong Corporations.”

That got him. He froze in what he was doing so I continued, “I can see that you haven’t eaten anything good in a while, been sleeping on streets and not to mention never taking a shower. I can help you, well, financially.”

He hesitated. He looked intently at me and let out a frustrated sigh, “Okay, you can come along. But I’m not helping you if there are rapists again, arasso?”

“YAY! Thank you!” I hugged him again.

“And stop hugging me!” he placed my arms at my side, running to the drivers seat. He started the engine and we drove off.

“Don’t you think it’s a little suspicious that there are two bodies by the roadside?” I asked.

“Maybe. But who gives a damn nowadays?” he said indifferently, stepping harder onto the gas pedal.

“So, what’s your name?”