Surprise Disappearance

Not Knowing

 

SURPRISE DISAPPEARANCE

or is it?

SEOUL, 6 Dec: Just a week back from studying in a boarding school, Dong Yoona aged 18, went missing from the comfort of her home. Daughter to the well-known CEO of the Dong Corporations was last seen arguing with her brother, Dong Youngbae aged 24, over a personal topic in the living room of their home. Maybe this was the reason of her disappearance? Dong Youngbae refused to give details on their argument topic. He even looked a little distressed. Maybe he blames himself for his sister’s disappearance. Relatives and friends who didn’t want to be identified had stated that the two siblings have never fought before and that this was a first. What is part of the argument topic that made her run away from home? Many of the questions were left unanswered. If you have seen or heard the latest news on Dong Yoona, please contact the police.

 

Dong Youngbae's POV:

“What is this? Is the media trying to turn this issue into a scandal? They’re ruining our family name!” yelled my father. My parents have been going through all the headlines ever since the newspapers were released this morning, receiving calls from various people such as the police, friends and distant family members. 

“Please, Jeonghun, watch your blood-pressure. The stress is not good for you. Nor is it good for any of us,” said my mother, surprisingly more calm than expected. Ever since Yoona’s disappearance, omma has been worrying non-stop. She has even fainted a couple of times.

“We should sue them! Their misleading titles can jeopardize our company in front of the international investors!”

“Can you not think about business at a time like this? This is Yoona we’re talking about. And she’s alone out there. She might even be scared!” I yelled back at him. The stress was too much, and he had the nerve to put business before Yoona?

“Don’t you dare tell me what to do Youngbae. It’s your fault she’s out there in the first place.”

“Jeonghun!” gasped my mom. “Youngbae, it’s not your fault. It’s not.”

“Yes it is his fault! And I bet you’re happy that she’s gone,” said my dad, staring down at me.

“That’s enough! Both of you! Please, we’re all at fault. And we need to find her,” said my mom as she pushed my father and I apart, placing herself in between. Tears were welling p in her eyes as she tried to control not only herself but also her family. Dad messed his hair up in frustration and walked up the stairs. That’s when my mom’s legs gave in and she fell to the floor, breaking down. I hugged her, knowing she just needs comfort in this state.

Life is going to be tough from now on. But we all had one goal in mind. We need to bring Yoona home.