Date 1, Couple 3 - Park

The Romantic & Idol : EXO & Girls Version

 

“Do you want Ice cream?” The two of them does the same gesture---pointing at the mini ice cream van, waiting for a response from the other one. They laugh forcedly by the uncomfortable atmosphere, bringing them back into complete silence.

 

Huang Zi Tao, 20 this year, hasn’t changed at all, as if he’s still a kid when it comes to woman. Not too shocking, to the fact that the man he looks up to is none other than Kris.

 

 The two of them than decide to buy the ice cream, give GoonJi credit for that. “What flavor do you like?” Park Chorong, 22 this year, is super excited for the program that she’s trying her best to be as open minded as possible. Who knows? Tao might be a potential lover when she spends more time with him, she thought.

 

“I’ll have whatever you’ll have, Chorong-ssi.” Nodding her head, Chorong orders two vanilla ice creams. In the process of doing so, she can’t help but notice Tao’s pair of eyes bores at hers. And Chorong’s pretty sure this pair of eyes has been doing that since the second they met. “Is there something wrong, Tao-ssi?” Chorong asks carefully, hoping to open up a conversation that will last more than 10 seconds.

 

Tao confusedly raises his left eyebrow. “Huh?” “Why do you keep looking at me weirdly?” His next move is something far too odd for Chorong---he bows 90 degrees perfectly while saying a simple ‘sorry’. “It’s kind of a habit for me to stare at people. Please don’t get any weird thoughts?”

 

Chorong’s Interview

 

“I thought he was going to say something romantic like: ‘Because you have pretty eyes’ or something…” Chorong pouts sadly, “Don’t get me wrong though, he’s a really naïve and sweet guy. Too naïve and sweet for me!” She continues to rant, ‘Please don’t get any weird thoughts?’?! Tao-ssi! Aiiihh… I don’t know what to think anymore…”

 

End of Interview

 

“Ah!” Chorong spills some ice cream on her pastel pink shirt. Her and Tao had decided to sit on one of the benches facing the big tree. Tao quickly pulls out some tissue out of nowhere, “Here, let me-“ his good intention is stopped; he spilled some on his shirt too. Chorong grabs her handkerchief from her mini tote bag, wanting to help to clean him up.

 

But it all ends in…

 

“Let me clean this.”

 

“No, please let me clean you first.”

 

“I’m okay, you spilled so much.”

 

Ani, ani, its the guy’s job to take care of the girl.”

 

“Ah, I’m really okay! I just have to-“

 

“This ice cream needs to-“

 

Tao’s Interview

 

“Chorong-ssi was really nice. But I’m not at the state when I can think of her as a woman—we first need to be comfortable with each other first. In the date, honestly I think we’re taking so much care of our image—in the future I hope we can be closer.”

 

End of Interview

 

Scrolling through her phone, Chorong stops when she finally notices something interesting about the guy beside her in a fan blog. ‘Abilities: Martial Arts (Wu Shu, etc.)’

 

“You can fight?” Tao turns his head to face Chorong, slightly (cross slightly) offended by her question. “You don’t think I can?”

 

“Ah—I mean, err, never mind.” Chorong sighs at Tao’s answer. ‘He’s way too sensitive for a guy. Might he be gay? It makes sense though! He probably joins this program to cover that truth…’