Believing

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

 

The letter which was sent by an anonymous, made his heart raced. There were a feeling of curiosity, fear and nervousness. Sunggyu was hesitate whether to open or just kept the letter in his drawer. If he chose to keep, curiosity will mercilessly hunt him.

 

Sunggyu opened the white envelope which his name was written on it. “Wow, such a beautiful handwriting. Who gave me this?” he rubbed the back of his neck with his forehead furrowed in curiosity. But he quickly swept those thoughts away and his eyes locked on every single word that was written magnificently.

He was speechless and drowned in confusion. Just two lines on the piece of that white paper made his heart pounded. Just the two lines of the first sentence from that letter made his heart raced in fear.

 

 

Dear husband,

I'm your wife and please don't fall in love with me.

Do I sound weird? Or maybe creepy? Hahaha. Well, this is my first time ever writing a love letter to guy, my dearest husband. I can’t lie, but I was kinda nervous when I was writing this.

How are you today, husband? Were you doing well in school? Did those girls leave you again for the same reasons? Ah, you might feel that I’m a stalker of your life. 

Sunggyu, I know you might not believe that I’m your wife. I never hope you believe that I am your wife. But please, believe in every single thing I ask you to do or I told you to prevent. It’s for your own sake, honey. That is the only thing I want from you. Take care, I love you.

 

Lots of love,

Your wife.

 

 

Sunggyu blinked for a few times. Wife? This is insane! I’m sure it must be a prank. He crumpled the letter and threw it into the dustbin. His mind was wondering of whom the sender might be?

 

“Maybe those boys? But come on, they can just put the letter in my locker instead of wasting their times walking to my far far away house, isn’t? Then, whom? Taeyeon? Eww, I know her handwritting .” He sighed and went to the dustbin. He bend his body and took the crumpled letter back.

He stared at the paper for a while. If this was from my secret admirer, it would probably be some sort of confessing her feeling. But look at this one. It isn’t…

 

And at the end, he decided to keep the letter.

 

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

“I can’t imagine how he will survive after she left him.” Dongwoo passionately told Sungjong and Hoya about the drama he had watched last night. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and sighed. He was tired hearing Dongwoo’s endless dramas.

“Stop it, Dongwoo. I’m reading here,” Sunggyu spoke in irritated voice.

 

His words becalmed and he turned his head to Sunggyu, who was sitting behind him. “Mianhe. But why out of blue you’re reading?”  He scratched his head.

“Don’t tell me you forgot we’re going to have a History test today.” He raised his brows, mocking Dongwoo secretly. As he thought, the younger slapped his forehead and quickly took his book out from his bag to read. “And you two.” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes to Sungjong and Hoya as a sign of chasing them from his classroom. They understood and began to walk to their own classrooms.

 

Dongwoo on the other hand was panicking. He read the notes he made and tried to remember some of the important facts. While Sunggyu happily closed his book and stood up. “Hyung, where are you going?”

He spun around. “To my locker. I left my ipod.”

“Duh, hyung! Why didn’t you tell me earli-”

“Just read my notes. I’d listed all the important informations there.” He shrugged innocently and left Dongwoo, who was busy reading.

 

Sunggyu tucked both of his hand in the pocket while walking freely. There was another 20 minutes before the first class started. Students were everywhere in the hallway. Some were chatting, some were chasing each other like an elementary student. Immature.

 

He was now standing in front of his locker. Carefully, he opened it and there the thing he was looking for, his beloved ipod which was given by his mother. He took it and about to close the locker back when something caught his eyes. A letter…

The first thing he did was, looked around to see anybody who seem suspicious. But there wasn’t any. He took it and realized a familiar envelope been used. It was from her. He said to himself and opened it.

 

Dear husband,

I know you had read for your History test but believe me, it will be cancelled.

Tell Dongwoo, he don’t have to read them like he’s going to die soon. Hahaha.

Well today, you’re going to get a new friend. I mean, there’ll be a new student in your class. Sunggyu, in the name of love. Do not let her sit beside you. I know that you’re sitting alone now. Ask Dongwoo to have a seat beside you as long as you don’t have to share a place with her.

 

Please, husband. I love you very much. Just don’t let it happen.

 

Lots of love,

Your wife.

 

 

His eyes widen. Again, he looked around to find if there was anyone who was stalking him. His heart started to pound hardly like he had been chased by a mad dog. “How did she know I’m sitting alon-”

 

“Oh, Kim Sunggyu!”

 

Hearing his name was called by someone, he quickly hid the letter in his pocket and turned around. The voice was belong to his History Teacher, Mrs. Jung. He gave her a smile and bowed politely. “Yes, Seonsangnim. May I help you?”

She smiled. “Tell your fellow friends that History Test will be cancelled because I have to settle up with the new transferred student from the countryside.” She explained.

“W-What?” his lips trembled. The words written on the letter he read just now played back in his mind. This wasn’t a coincidence. “Wait. Is that new student a… girl?”

Her face lit up. “Oh! You’ve met her?” she asked in amazed.

 

Sunggyu was speechless that he didn't answer her. All the things that were written on the letter… it happened. Who are you, secret admirer?