The Outcast of St. Alaudrc [Chapter 3]

The Outcast of St. Alaudrc

Kei feel devastated after knowing the truth about the school. For all the weird school that he can attend then why it needs to be a vampire school. Vampires who he thought only exist on fiction books becomes so real to him. And what's worst is that he discovered that his very own friend, the reason why he enrolled to that school was also a vampire. He never told it to him, he never mentioned about it to him and so he was so surprised. And now that he knows what is his standing to that school, being the only human student, he feels worst. Like what he knew, vampires are cold blooded who doesn't care about their prey. If they are hungry they will fill their stomach and so just thinking that makes Kei's knee weaken. The Aften Law is his only support but then like Catherine told him, there is no way vampires can't stop their crave ones they smell something so good and delicious.

 

"No, I should not loss my will. I am here for Kou-chan and if he is really a vampire I really don't care. I'll stay… for his sake." Kei tried to cheer himself up and then while looking up he saw a bat flying over his head. He tried to shoo it out but it doesn't leave his side.

 

"So it's true that there is human roaming around the campus. You smell sweet so you can easily found." a voice was heard by Kei. He looks around but there is no one he can see but only the bat flying above his head "I am here… at your head." the voice continued and then Kei look up at the black bat.

 

"Are you a girl or a boy? You are quiet pretty." the bat asked him.

 

"Wh….why is a bat talking to me?" Kei whispered but it seems like the bat heard him say that.

 

"I am no ordinary bat." it answered and then a smoke suddenly filled up its surrounding and the bat suddenly showed a feet and  arms and also a head with a blond hair and a body that was completely . "Oppsss… I forgot my uniform." Kei was surprised to what he just saw, a bat turned into a human form and it is was a blond guy who has almost the same height as him. "I am Hikaru Yaotome, a first year student. I just try a Battro Elixir that can only buy in the Medson Alley and so it was true I can really transform into a bat but for just 30 minutes. Flying is such a good feeling." he introduced himself. Kei was looking at him from head to toe and it seems like he doesn't have a shame even all his flesh was exposed. Kei take off his jacket and give it to him. "Wow such a nice human."

 

"I…I need to go." Kei excused himself but he stop when the guy called his name.

 

"Why the rush? I am not going to bite you. I wanted to be friends with you. Human blood."

 

"I don't need a vampire friend especially someone who didn't know what clothes mean."

 

"Are you sure you are saying that? You are the only human in this school, you should not be so… picky in choosing friends." Hikaru told him.

 

"I am not choosy but I have preference on who I wanted to be my friends." Kei told him while he is staring at the guy in front of him. He feels ashamed and so he look away.  Kei started to step forward but the guy grab his hand and let him look at him but that time he is already wearing his uniform and looks better. "What do you need from me? I need to go back to my room so don't disturb me."

 

"I am just curious why a human blood like you choose this school. You have some reason behind your reckless action right?" Hikaru asked him.

 

"Whatever it is, it is none of your business." Kei answered him, he put away Hikaru's hand and then move forward leaving the other person alone. His mind is still bothered by the fact that he just discovered that he didn't care about other people wanting to talk to him at the very moment. If it is true that the school where he is standing at this very moment is a school of vampire, he can already feel the fear moving all over his body. He is in the territory of a predator who anytime can gobble him whole without any chance of fighting back. As he reach his room, he immediately lock the door and then sit down on his bed.

 

But that is not the only thing that bothered him at the very moment, the reason he can't concentrate is the fact that he discovered about Kota's real identity which he never mentioned to him. He is a vampire like the rest of the people inside that school. He is a blood er who is thirsting for human flesh and crimson blood. The guy that he falls in love with, the guy that leads him to his situation right now is vampire.

 

"Why did Kou-chan hide it from me?" Kei asked himself. "Why? I want to know…" he continued. He stand up and then look at his baggage as he put out a picture frame where his picture together with his twin sister and Kota are on it. He loves that picture so much coz both of the special person of his life was on it and they smiled like they don't have any problem with their life. They are happy and enjoying every minute of there very own life, no worries about what comes ahead of them. "I have decided… I went here for Kou-chan's sake so I will not leave just because I discovered something but… I need an explanation… Kou-chan I need an explanation."

 

The entrance ceremony is about to start, Kei though feeling afraid, still planned on going even he has an idea of what could happen to him. But hiding will not change everything. He is still a human no matter what will happen and everyone will know soon about it. He walked through the corridor while  there are vampires hanging around in the corridor and talking to their friends. Now the reality is already seeking in to his brain as he can see the students standing in the corridor with their fangs and red eyes. Now that he knows they are vampires the more he is aware of their existence and how crucial his stay in that school. While looking around he didn't noticed that someone is blocking his way and he bump on it. He immediately step back as he apologized. "I'm sorry…" he told the person who he bumped but to his surprised he saw a familiar face in front of him who is smirking. He recognizes his face.

 

"How dare you bump on Takaki-sama." he was pushed by one of the guys who is standing besides Yuya making him feel pissed of. There is no need to push him when he already apologized for bumping them and it is even an accident. Kei give a cold glare at Yuya who he remembered by the face. He is the guy he met a while back and first told him about the true identity of the school he enrolled to.

 

"it was an accident, I didn't mean to do that." he tried to defend himself but he suddenly feels that his body turned numb and he can't move a single finger of his own body. It is the same feeling that he felt when he first meet that guy. It feels like something is bonding him and can't let his muscles and nerves move on its own.

 

"You even dare to answer in front of the young master. You are so…filthy." the other one told him.

 

I am not filthy. That is the words that Kei wanted to say but because he can't do it he just remained in silent. But all of a sudden while trying to free himself from the bind that is preventing his body to move he feels that it was suddenly snapped and he almost fall down but Yuya grab his waist so that he can't totally hit the ground. "Humans are really weak." he told him and everyone who is surrounding him heard and see what just happened. "and of course that includes you. It seems like you are all aware already of what situation you are in. Welcome… to the vampire world." he smirked.

 

 

Kota is on his way to the school ceremony when he noticed the crowd form in the corridor of the third floor of the school building. It seems like all students are interested on it and so they are witnessing what is about to happened. He sighed and turned his back as he decided to just ignore it and go straight on his way to the great hall where he saw Hikaru and Daiki who are both eating seedless grapes. He immediately approached them and greeted them normally and he even pick some grapes on their plates.

 

"It seems like there is something going on in the third floor corridor." Kota reported to them. "A crowd was formed." 

 

"Who  else will create such uproar? There is no doubt it is Yuya again. Maybe another prey of him, a victim of his power control." Daiki answered him as he put a small grapes inside his mouth. "Or maybe the human already caught his attention."

 

Kota immediately stare back at Daiki upon hearing the word human to him."Human? Is there a human enrolled to this school?" he asked him back.

 

"Yeah I meet him a while ago. His human smell is like a perfume to our nose right? So I easily found him. I even asked him to be my friend but for some reason he declined and I don't know why. Do I look scary? Or unapproachable. Maybe because I am … well not my fault. I just used a new elixir that will transformed me to a bat and when its effect vanished I am back to my normal body completely ."

 

"Maybe he thought that you are ert." Daiki replied back. "But his kinda interesting. I wonder what's his reason for entering such kind of school."

 

"He will be in danger if he continued staying in this school."

 

"Of course he is. But I know and you know that there is a way to everything. The only opportunity that he can be protected is when… Yuya Takaki will caught his interest." Daiki told the two and then he look at Kota and also Hikaru did the same thing. Kota noticed that the two are staring at him and he just smiled. When he is about to say a thing to them he heard another voices suddenly interrupting their conversation.

 

"Oh my I feel bad luck will follow me around now that I see Kota's face." The three look at the guy who suddenly interrupted their conversation. He is standing in the middle of his other friends and he stand up like someone so mighty. "This is not good, I should purify myself immediately."
 

Hikaru stand up from where he is sitting down. "That is not a good thing to say. Take it back… your words, Kashim." he told him with a serious look on his face.

 

Kashim smirked and then chuckled a little "Take back my words? Sorry but I didn't know how to do that. Besides there is nothing to take back. He really deserves to be treated like that. Bad luck is bad luck. Someone like him should not exist. This is ruining Takaki-sama's identity. Besides why are the two of you hanging around with him? Do you want to gain the bad luck that he have? Oh well… what a waste."

 

Daiki will also stand up from where he is sitting down when Kota stop him from doing what he is planning to do. Kota look at Kashim who is staring at him and smiling like he is not worried about the words that he just let go. "What now Kota? Mad about my words? I am just stating the truth."

 

"Ne Kashim, are you not done yet? Or you still want to be exposed more to the bad luck surrounding me?" Kota asked to Kashim and then the latter he realized that he is staying too long in that place and before he decided to leave he give him an insulting smile but Kota just ignore it. When Kashim is totally gone, the three are back to their places.

 

"Kota, are you alright?" Hikaru asked him. "Are they not tired of doing that to you? Specially that Kashim, the way he talk is so irritating."

 

"Kashim wanted to gain Yuya's trust so that guy's enemy will be his ultimate enemy too. Kota, you must be careful to this year as well. I don't think your situation will change this year."

 

"Yeah I know."

 

 

"I can smell human blood from him." one of the students whispered and that is heard by everyone who also thought the same thing. Kei was surprised that he heard it as well and now the atmosphere change into seriousness. Everyone are looking at him as if they wanted to eat him whole anytime. Each eyes are threatening and it makes him feel like a butterfly trap in a spider's web and without any chance of being save.

 

"So he is the human that is brave enough to enrolled to this school."

 

"Yeah it is him. Not bad… I am betting that he taste good."

 

"Of course I am not!" Kei shouted to everyone who is hearing him. "I… I don't taste good. Who is someone with normal mind will eat a human like me?" he continued and now while looking at everyone's eyes he feels like he is starting to feel fear.

 

"It is normal for us to think that way, we are vampires. Something that we will always remind you if ever you forget about it."

 

Kei step back as he can feel that the other students are moving forward towards him. Now everyone knows that he is a human and like what the headmaster said even vampires are bound by the Aften Law, the fact that they can't stop their craving for human blood will not stop them from attacking him. Their eyes are pierce and scary, he feels like anytime they will attacked him and corner him and then eat his flesh and his blood.

"Don't come near me… don't lay a hand against me." he warned the students who are approaching near him.

 

"We are vampires, Do you think we will agree to your commands?" Yuya asked him.

 

"Of course you will. I am protected by the Aften Law." Kei replied back to him and that just make Yuya laugh, an insulting laugh in Kei's ears. "What are you laughing about?"

 

"Nothing… I just thought that you are really interesting. Never heard of anyone used Aften Law to protect oneself." Yuya commented. He step forward towards Kei and then he smirked as he grab Kei's hand and drag him near him, he even put his arms around his shoulder making Kei startled.  "everyone… don't touch this guy, not because he is protected by the Aften Law, it is because he is protected by my own hands."