The Outcast of St. Alaudrc [Chapter 1]

The Outcast of St. Alaudrc

"Kou-chan, are you really having with her?" Kota almost choked his food that he just gobbled before he was asked that question. He is sitting in front of Kei who was looking at him seriously and anticipating an immediate answer from him. He was been interrogating him all these time that they are together and he can't concentrate on his food. "I heard some of our classmate talking about it. Answer me honestly, are you? Are you really doing that?" he asked again, eyebrows frowned and eyes are twinkling in enthusiasm.

 

Kota put down his chopstick and then glared at Kei. He lifted up his hand to Kei's direction and without any warning he pinched his cheeks hard until it gets red and swollen. "I know I am a flirt but never in my life I will have to someone who I didn't love." he answered confidently. "And don't asked that question with your loud voice. What if others think of something bad about me?" he commanded him. Kei pouted as he caress his swollen cheeks, Kota sighed while watching Kei thinking about what he just did. "Kei, how many years have we known each other and until now you are doubting me in all aspects." he asked him back.

 

"But I can't help it, people change and that includes you. Besides we are in the age where ual desire is a hot topic and so…" Kei replied back. He pulled his plate near him and then start eating his pork curry that he ordered in their cafeteria. "I am just being cautious."

 

Kota scratched his head and hold back his chopstick again. "Kei, are you still hoping something between the two of us?". He pick a sausage from his ordered food and eat it. "I told you… I don't like…" before he finished his words Kei already position his chopsticks in front of Kota's eyes and that cause him to stop what he is about to say. With a single movement and one single wrong choice of words will cause him to say goodbye to his eyeball.

 

"Don't say it or I will insert this chopsticks to your eyeballs." he warned him and after that Kota didn't say a thing anymore. Kei Inoo and Kota Yabu are childhood friends who meet each other when Kei was 10 years old. Kota is older by 6 months and he was 11 that time their path intersect. They met each other in the park near Kei's residence one winter day and he was crying and so he went to comfort him. That's the start of the friendship and it grows and moves forward as times flies. Kei developed a special feeling towards Kota and he can't suppress that feeling anymore and so he confessed. But since Kota is into woman, Kei was rejected. He mourned for it for a month and he even didn't talk to Kota, even the latter try to explained his side. But still Kei realizes that he is into Kota that he can't stop his feelings for him and so one day he told him face to face that he will not give up to his feelings and he will continue pursuing him. Even how many times he will reject him, Kei will follow him no matter what. Coz he is Kei's first love and will also be his last love.

 

The two continued eating their food when Kei started a new topic to talk to. Since both are already 3rd year junior high student, they need to decide what high school they wanted to enroll. On Kei's part, since he is a smart guy, he is already qualified to a good school which is famous for having students that pass the Tokyo University entrance examination. His parents choose it for him but also Kei thinks that it is a good school. Kota on the other hand is not telling him anything about the high school he will enter and so he look for a chance to insert it and asked where it is.

 

Upon hearing Kei's question, Kota's expression on his face change and it turned into serious mode. Whenever Kei mentioned about high school, Kota always looks like he was troubled by something and because of that he can't answer Kei's question straightly and honestly. He always point jokes into his answers and he is not talking seriously. When this topic was opened he always make a way to run away from it by shifting the topic into something else which Kei noticed as well. "No more sideways Kou-chan, I want to know." he pointed out.

 

"I'm not entering high school." he answered confidently but Kei didn't want to believe on it. Kota promised to his mother's grave that he will finished his studies till the end. He will be a lawyer like she was and fight for the justice that a man deserved. He has the confidence that Kota will not break that promised to his own mother but what he can't understand was that it seems like Kota is hiding something from him.

 

"I don't believe you." Kei told him firmly. "I saw you submitting a paper to the faculty office and it is an application for a high school right? I asked the teacher in what school you are going but he said that it was confidential." he explained to him. He put down his chopsticks again and he put out a notebook and a pen. "Tell me what school is that. I'm going with you."

 

Kota tapped the table hard and that calls for the attention of other students who are eating in the cafeteria but it surprised more Kei Inoo who was just sitting in front of him. Because of the impact of the tapping, the glass of water that is on Kei's side fall down the floor and all it's water was spilled.  "Kei, you will not coming with me." he told him firmly, he drawn his sling bag to the other sit back to his shoulder and then decided to leave the cafeteria. When Kei was back to himself, he immediately get his stuffs and also followed Kota as he walked out away of the place. Why was his expression change? What was wrong with him acting so scary when he just asked what school he will enter. Kota was walking so fast and Kei is having a hard time coping on it. He called for his name so many times but he wont stop and so he was left with no choice but to get a book from his bag and then throw it to Kota's head so that he will stop from moving and look at him.

 

"It hurts Kei Inoo, what is that for?" he asked him madly while scratching his head.

 

Finally, Kei was able to approached Kota. He get the book that he throw and put it back to his bag and he glare at the tall guy standing in front of him. "What's wrong with you? Why are you so worked up?" Kei asked him. "I just want to know what school you will attend. I just want to know…"

 

"If you know you will definitely follow me right?" Kei nodded his head. "That's the reason I don't want to tell to you. I don't want you to go to school which is the same as I am. Kei… this is too much, to be honest with you, you are being annoying already." Kei felt  something stabbed his heart, not only his heart but his whole body. Did he hear it right? Kota just said that he was annoying? After all that he is doing, it is the first time that this guy told him that bad to the ear word. "I can't get a girl because you are always there following me. I don't want my high school life  to be ruined just because you are always around tailing me. Can I have my freedom back?"

 

"No." Kei briefly answered.

 

Kota scratched his head "Kei Inoo, if you will follow me I will hate you for the rest of my life. Besides think about your future. You are already qualified to a good school. You can be what you dream to be, a doctor. You have an easy path so why need to choose the hard one?"

 

"It is because you are there." Kei answered and that make Kota speechless for a moment but he immediately gained back  himself and then start saying things to make Kei feel bad about him. He is really insisting about Kei not following him to his school wherever it is. But Kei is a tough enemy, what he wants is what he gets and he tried to insists that he will follow Kota no matter what and even how much Kota explained it he didn't want to accept it.

 

 "Kei listen to me carefully. Promise me… promise me you will not follow me anymore."

 

"No, it's definitely a no Kou-chan. Didn't I told you I will not give up until you will say you love me."

 

Kota didn't know what to say anymore to the guy who was standing in front of him and looking at him with his sparkling eyes. Yes, this is Kei Inoo, his childhood friend who he can't understand was too in love with him and he even didn't have a shame even he is a guy. He can't remember where it started but he was shocked when this fellow suddenly confessed his feelings to him that he didn't know what to respond. Actually he rejected him so many times, explaining that they are just friends and nothing more than that. But he was too serious about him and so it is hard to imagine that he will give up anytime soon. He became a stalker, following him always and when he is around with girls he will get mad and jealous. 

 

Kota put his hands to Kei's shoulder and hold on them tightly. Kei didn't know what is Kota planning to do but he has an idea because that kind of movement, he saw it in a movie. Touching the shoulder gently, nearing face with each other and then next to it is a warm and gentle kiss.  "A…are you going to kiss me?" he asked him, trying to confirm what he is thinking on his mind.

 

"If I kiss you, will you listen to me?" Kota asked Kei. It  gives shocked to the latter since Kota never made such bold remarks.

 

"It depends."

 

"Kei… promise me.. If I will kiss you now you will listen to me. You will do what I asked you to do. I'm serious so… answer me seriously."

 

"Kiss me, Kou-chan." Kei ordered, he close his eyes and waited for a soft lips touched his. Kota sigh while looking at Kei's face. He looks so innocent, innocent that he didn't want it to be ruined. Kota touched his face, caressing it gently. His eyes avert to his neck, he feels attracted to it for some reason. He slowly moved his hand towards Kei's neck but he immediately stop himself.

 

"Promise me… if you know what school I am going to enter don't follow me." Kota whispered to his ear and then he kiss Kei to his lips.

 

 

"Kou-chan's lips is so soft." Kei whispered while touching his lips and imagining behind his back that moment of love they did 3 weeks ago. He can still feel that soft lips touching his and every time his body remembered it his heart is beating faster and aching for he wanted to do it ones again. He just drop down to a bus that brings him to an unknown village and he is walking for an hour already and searching for place called Nemu Village. He asked some residents and they are leading him to a straight path through a village that can be found in the middle of a forest. Kei's target place is the St. Alaudrc Academy that can be found in the Nemu Village. "Kou-chan really wanted to enter such school found in the middle of the forest?" he asked himself, wondering why for all the school, Kota choose that school to enroll with.  Maybe this is the reason why Kota didn't want him to enter the same high school as he is. The school is very far from the city and it looks so outcast and mysterious. He get the information of the school that Kota entered to the teacher who was fixing the applications. It is confidential so he had a hard time getting the information but since he is a top student he used his channels to get it and he was successful. He did a little more walk when he saw an old lady walking slowly with a basket of fresh baked bread on her right hand.

 

"Excuse me, where is the St. Alaudrc Academy?" he asked to the old lady who stop from walking and eye Kei from head to toe.

 

"Are you a student there?" the old lady asked him.

 

"Not yet, but I am planning to enroll." Kei replied back and that time he can feel something touching his face and it is the old lady's hand with long nails like a witch. She looks like a witch that can be found in the famous fairytales but she looks kinder compare to those wicked people.

 

"Smooth skin, young age, brown eyes, normal teeth, human blood." the old lady whispered like a chant but Kei can hear it clearly and he wonders why she need to mentioned all those stuffs. "Are you really serious?"

 

Kei felt something weird about that question but he ignored that feeling and just said that he was serious of enrolling to that school. The old lady didn't say anything anymore, she pointed him the direction to the school and then Kei said goodbye to her. The thoughts of what just the old lady said still creeps him out but he need to continue coz he didn't want his long way to that place goes to nothing.

 

Finally after 15 minutes of walking he found the school. Standing in front of the gate, he was stunned by how vintage looking the school was but it was gorgeous and looks like a European style building and structure. The gate is also so high and the carvings are really well done. At the two post standing parallel to each other, there is a structure of a bat on tap with it's wings covering it's body. The whole school's territory was covered by very big lively trees, it's stems and braches together with its leaves are covering the sunlight that it can't even reach the unfertile soil.

 

"This place is creepy." Kei told to himself.

 

He looks around checking if there is someone inside but there is a sign board that attracted his attention and it said that 'Enrollment is going on'. That made Kei felt happy thinking that going to that school is not a waste at all. He decided to enroll in the same school as to where Kota Yabu enrolled and of course he didn't told it to him yet. Since graduation, the two didn't meet yet and he is planning to surprised the latter ones the school start. He also told his parents about his decision of not going to the school which has a higher chance of him to enter Tokyo U. they asked why but Kei explained to them that he will study hard no matter what school he will enter and they promised since his twin sister's death that they will allow him whatever path he wanted to take. Guidelines is the only thing they can give him, the decision is for his part.

 

Kei was still thinking why Kota choose such school. It is so far from the city where he used to live. It looks outcast from the world and the place is so weird and creepy. The gates are so tall and wide, he feels like there is a whole village that can be seen beneath that wall. For his point of view, no normal human will want to enter such school and actually he never heard such kind of school name. he thought that it was a new school but when he did a little research it is not a new school but it is already there for almost 50 years. Though not published and they are not doing some advertisement for the school they have a good number of students entering it.

 

Kei step forward near the gate and tried to sneak a look, he touched the gate when he heard a murmur from his back that startled him. He looked back and saw a young lady who looks like 18 years old, wearing a pure black clothes and her hair is in pig tail with black ribbon on it and she is holding a black umbrella that is covering her from the sun rays which actually not enough to give you a skin cancer.

 

"What do you need from St. Alaudrc Academy?" she asked him with all politeness. "I am Catherine Arioka, I am the head master of this school." she introduced herself as she bow her head lifting her skirt a little.

 

"H…head master? Y…you?" Kei asked in surprised he can't believe that he is the head master when he thought that he is just 18 years old or just in the same age as he was. She didn't look any old, she even don't qualify to those old people that are becoming head masters of a school.

 

"You're reactions shows that you are quite surprised. " she told him. She moved forward and with just a 3 taps of her right legs the gate opened automatically and that surprised Kei and he wonders how did that happened."Kei Inoo, are you intending to enroll yourself in this kind of school?" she asked him once she entered the gate. Kei is about to follow her but when he is about to pass through the gate he feels like his body was petrified and he can't move himself. "Answer me first, young man. You cant' just enter the school premises if you are not a student of this school. To tell you the truth this is a dorm school. Once the semester started you need to stay in the dormitory and you are not allowed to go back home unless you are permitted to do so. This is a private school and looking at your profile you are smart student who passed the entrance examination of Toeio Academy at the top rank. If you will enter this school then you will be 100% scholar. That means you will not pay anything and you will be treated as VIP. That is a great privilege right? What is your decision? Are you going to enter… St. Alaudrc Academy?" she asked him again after she told him all the information that he needed.

 

Kei think first but hearing the offers, his decision just got firm. But he feels something weird to this school but what is astonishing him at the very moment is the very fact that he can't move himself and also when did the head master get his profiles from his bag without him feeling it? "C..can I asked something?"

 

"Of course… please free to do so."

 

"Kou-chan…" he paused a little "Is Kota Yabu enrolled to this school?" Kei asked her.

 

Catherine  eyed Kei for a moment and then her expression change back to normal. "Yeah… He passed his registration form in this school 2 weeks ago." she answered. "By the way can I asked how did you know that half blood guy?"

 

"Half blood? What are you talking about?" Kei asked in wonder. His been hearing blood twice that day. "We are childhood friend." he said though he really wanted to say that they are lovers but he feels like it is not a good thing to say to a stranger. "I will enter this school. I am here to actually enroll myself." he continued and then he feels like his body is release from something that stopping him to move. Catherine started to walk and Kei followed her. They entered the building and like Kei was expecting the place is really weird and creepy in any angle. They reach the head teacher's office which looks perfectly normal. He sit down in a vacant chair and then Catherine give him a piece of paper where he need to fill up the information needed. While writing on the paper given to him, Catherine is busy searching for stuffs in the cabinet near her office table.

 

When Kei was done, he passed the papers where he written something and then Catherine asked for his right hand and then all of a sudden she cut his thumb with a small blade and blood start to drop in a small vial that she is holding. "Why did you do that? What is that for?" Kei asked in surprised.

 

"Relax young fellow. This blood of yours is really important." Catherine explained. "Here is your uniform, I assume it fits you and this is the key to your room. Since you are a VIP you will have a solo room at the 3rd floor of the dormitory building. You can bring your things a week before the start of the semester." she added while she handled him the keys and the uniforms.

 

"Wa…wait… Can I asked for something. I wanted to be room with Kota Yabu, can't I?" Kei told the head master.

 

Catherine paused for a moment as she sit down to her chair. "Inoo-san, I know the two of you are childhood friends but while you are here… I think you should not be all so well knowing about him."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"He is not what you know of him." Catherine answered him with a serious tone of voice. "I am warning you… be careful."