The Outcast of St. Alaudrc [Chapter 2]

The Outcast of St. Alaudrc

Kei was walking in the corridor while skipping. He was so happy that he gained a two free ticket to a cinema and he wanted to invite Kota to go together with him. He wanted to consider it a date and while watching they will going to hold hands together and then he will lay his head on Kota's shoulder and when it's the romantic part already they will kiss each other together with the main cast of the movie. He knock on Kota's room 3 times and then he opened the door when he is welcomed by some sound coming from the inside.

 

"Oh my gosh Kota you are so great." a girl moaned in pleasure. Kei was surprised hearing those sound sound of pleasure and pain.

 

" you taste good." he heard Kota said while grunting like a hungry beast. He slowly walk to wear the bedroom is though his mind is telling him not to continue anymore or else he will just be hurt. But he wanted to see, he was curious, curious to the extent that he wanted to see it with his own eyes. He slowly walked nearer, preparing himself of the possibility that he could see something his eyes didn't want to.

 

"Kou-chan…"he whispered. The sounds diminished and there is nothing to hear anymore. There is no panting, nor talking. Are they done? Are they sleeping already? "Kou-chan… a…are you here?" he asked ones again and then as he reach the door of the bedroom he saw a red liquid coming from inside. He touch it and noticed that it was blood. He immediately opened the door and to his surprised he saw Kota looking at a girl who is blooding on her own blood and the latter is just looking at his hands with blood on it. Kei didn't know what to say but he was to shocked to utter a sound.

 

"I…I did it… Kei… I..did it. I killed her. It's my fault."

 

"Kou-chan, ca….calm down. I…it is not you… it is not you who did that."

 

"but look at my hands… they are painted with his crimson color. I..it's beautiful… it's sweet."

 

"W..what are you talking about?" Kei asked him, his hands are trembling and his feet are shaking that even he wanted to escape he can't move at all. "Kou-chan.. Le..let's go… let's go away."

 

"Kei, you said that you love me right? Then… can I have a taste of your blood? For this night… can you be mine?" Kota asked him and then he run fast going to Kei's direction.

 

Krrrrnnnnggg… krrrrrnnnnnggggg

 

"That was a bad dream."

 

Kei wake up because of the alarm and added to that is the dream unexpectedly playing on his mind. He immediately turned it off and look at the time. It was 6:00 in the morning and today is the day where he need to transfer his stuffs to the dormitory of the school. He take a bath and then went downstairs. His father is in the dining table and reading newspaper while his mother is preparing breakfast for them. Before he went straight to the dining table he stop first in the picture near the altar, it is was his twin sister Kaya who died a year ago in a murder which justice is not yet fulfilled.

 

"Kei-chan, are your stuffs already fixed?" his mother asked him as he sit down at the chair besides his father.

 

"Yeah all sets and done. Ready for a dormitory life." Kei answered.

 

"If only you choose Toei Academy then you don't need to leave the house." his mother told him.

 

"Mom we talked about this already right? Haven't I showed you already about the details of the school? It's affiliates and everything. Though the school itself is kinda creepy and odd, looking at its profile I think it is nothing to be taken for granted besides Kou-chan will study there as well so nothing to worry about. As long as we are together everything's gonna be fine. Just trust me."

 

"We trust you Kei… trust you so much but you can't blame us if we worry. Your big brother is out of the country and then Kaya was murdered by someone we didn't know and until now they didn't caught the criminal yet. We are just protecting you." his dad added, he put down the newspaper that he is reading and take a sip of his hot dark coffee.

 

Kei get a piece of bread and have a bite before he answered his father. He knows there situation and he knows that he need to be careful since they loss someone special already. When his twin sister died, his mother was in trauma for 3 months. She can't talk, eat and even go outside. Finally now she is doing fine though still she became cautious to her children that he wanted to hear their voices every minute and seconds. Once done eating, Kei put down his stuffs and put it in the car. An emergency call from the office is received by his father and so he can't send him to his dormitory. His mother need to stay in the house because of her therapy and so he need to go there alone with the driver of course. He said goodbye to his parents and then he was driven to his dormitory.

 

After 30 minutes of driving they reach the dormitory which looks cleaner and tidier compare to when he first arrived in that place. The driver helps him in securing his things to his room and he noticed that there are already some students who came to put their stuffs. He wonders what will be Kota's reaction if he saw him in the same high school as he did. Maybe he will be surprised and he is excited to see his expression. When everything was done, Kei asked the driver to leave already and to send a message to his parents that he will going to be fine and they don't need to worry so much.

 

He fixed his stuffs, the room that is given to him was quite spacious and special, more than what he is expecting. The girls and the boys dormitory are separated from each other. He look at his program and read that the entrance ceremony will be around 18:00 in the evening and he thought that it was weird to hold a entrance ceremony in an evening but if that is the school regulation then he has no choice but to follow it.

 

As he continued fixing his staffs someone knocked on his door and he immediately open it and saw a small guy wearing a uniform of the school standing in front of him. "Hi I'm Daiki Arioka, student servant of the head master. I am here to tell that she wanted to talk to you. Something with utmost important." he introduced himself and continued with the reasons why he is there.

 

"I… I am Kei In…" his words was cut when he noticed that Daiki Arioka was sniffing into him. "excuse me is there something wrong with me?"

 

"You're a human right?" he asked monotonously.

 

Kei wonders, why is there a need to asked that stupid question? "Of course I am… is that an insult or what?"

 

"It's nothing… it's just… it is rare for a human to be here." Daiki told him. "You must be careful on your way to the head master's office. The students are already arriving, you don't want to have trouble in your first day of school right? I will give you something." he warned and then he pick something on his pocket. It is a candy with an eyeball like shape and when Kei first saw it he feels disgusted.

 

"What is this? It's gross." he complained.

 

"It's a strawberry flavored candy, if you eat that it can hide your smell as a human but for temporary only. Eat it while you are passing the corridor going to head master so that other student's will not noticed you." Daiki told him as he handle the ball like candy to Kei which he humbly accept.

 

"I still don't get what do you mean." Kei told him. He wonders why this small guys keep on talking something that he can't get at all.

 

Daiki stared at him for a moment, it seems like Kei is puzzled by the words that he is telling to him. He cross his arms together and then held a deep breathe. "Don’t tell me you entered this school without knowing anything? For a human like you, you are risking your life. But I admire you with your courage I hope you can last longer to this school." Daiki told him and then after that the door locked by itself and when Kei opened the door again Daiki was already gone. He look at the corridors but no trace of him is there.

 

Kei immediately went out of his room and like what Daiki told him he eat that gross looking strawberry flavored candy though he really didn't know what does it mean to hide his human presence. He passed through the corridor and then he saw students who are already wearing their uniform and walking the area, wandering around. But he noticed that the place is so dark and all the dark curtains are covering the windows that are trapping the sun rays to enter the building. He is wondering why students didn't want to open the window. He stop over in front of a window and when he is about to pulled the curtain someone grabbed his hand and that startled him.

 

"Don't open it, the lights make me dizzy." a deep voice commanded him. Kei turns around and eye the guy that is standing in front of him. He feels like he saw model in front of him, tall, tanned, and has wavy brown hair and thin physique. He is loss for words, he is just staring at the young man and is not doing anything at all.

 

"Do you have an anemia? Are you alright?" Kei asked worriedly.

 

"You are a new face in this school. Who are you?"

 

"Kei…Kei Inoo is my name. I am a first year student in this school nice meeting you." he introduced himself casually but all of a sudden that guy grab his right arm and then drag him near him, sniffing him to his neck. With his fast reflexes he immediately pushed him away and move himself backward away for the attacker. "Wh…what the hell are you doing?" he asked in panic. That action was uncalled for and so he was too shocked.

 

"That hurts." the guy look at Kei and he noticed a cut on his face and it was bleeding. Kei look at his fingers and he realized that he is the one who inflect that cut on that model like face. "Seems like you don't know who I am since you have a guts to shoved me away."

 

"O…of course I don't know who you are and since you are a stranger I was shocked that you suddenly did that to me. That act of molestation is intolerable. This body of mine… no one is allowed to touch unless it is Kou-chan. The purity I am protecting for the rest of my life." The guy laugh out loud and Kei feel like insulted with it. "What's funny about what I said. I am just telling the truth to you."

 

"Yeah and it was funny. What is a human like you doing in such a place. Do you think you can hide your human blood by just using a Tenrume?"

 

"Tentrume? What is that?"

 

"Acting innocent will not save you. You better know your school that you are entering first right?" the guy asked him. He stand straight and then start walking around Kei, eyeing him from head to toe and observing him which makes Kei feel irritated. "You are maybe the human that everyone is talking about. The only human that entered this kind of school."

 

Kei feels like this guy is using words that he can't understand at all and the way he talk as if he wanted to tell him something about the school that he didn't know. What else should he know about the school. He is sure that he read every article and any issue where that certain school is featured and as far as he can remember all the things that he have read everything fits well to his standards though the surrounding is really creepy and there are certain rules and regulation which he can't understand. "Can you be a little specific… I really can't… I really can't understand what you are talking about."

 

"You… are you sure you really want to see the real image of this school?" he asked while his eyes and Kei's eyes meet each other. Kei feels a sudden stiffness on his body. He can't move a single finger of his body and he feels like his body stop from breathing. His eyes was cold and glaring, it's like an eyes of a demon wanted to torture and kill his prey. It is the first time he feels such utmost fear in his lifetime, it was a fear like his body is been swallowed by a hollow black hole and the thoughts that there is no chance for him to survive, that there is no chance of him being save. He feels like his knee weakens and that make him kneel down and he gasped. "Wh…what was that?" he asked himself.

 

"I am Yuya Takaki, the prince of the Nemu Village the land of the vampire. Ne human, do you want me to protect you?" he asked him as he smirked and touch his chin. Kei immediately back off as he feels chill by that single touch. When he look back again in front of him that guy is now gone and nowhere to found. It's like a magic and that startled him. While thinking about what just happened he tried to recall what that guy just said, he feels like he heard a vampire word from him.

 

He went immediately to the head master's office panting and tired. Catherine was smiling at him as if she wanted to say something which he already know. The door lock automatically with just a flick of Catherine's finger. "I guess you have already discovered that this school is not an ordinary school."

 

"What kind of school is this?" Kei asked her directly. His mind is already doubting something and he wanted all his questions will be cleared as soon as possible or else it is going to blow because of all the thoughts flying inside it.

 

"Not written in any articles in the newspaper or magazines, not mentioned to any interviews and debates. This school, like you are thinking right now is not normal as you think. This school is where the vampires are studying." Catherine told him and she smiled but that give a shock of his life to Kei. Vampires? Did he hear it right? St. Alaudrc Academy was a vampire school? She showed Kei a map and there is a bold letters written on top, The Nemu Village. Catherine explained to him about the Nemu Village, a village found in the middle of the Koasen Forest. Nemu Village was divided into two, the outside village, the village outside the wall of the St. Alaudrc Academy where normal humans leave but knows about the existence of the vampire world. The inner village, the places which are occupied by the wall of St. Alaudrc Academy, is the vampire world. From the academy, to the Alley, through the Ministry and the King's palace is part of the Nemu Inner Village and it is not something put in the map of the human world. It is hidden and unknown and so they never knew that they really exists.

 

"Va…Vampire? You mean those cold blood monsters that blood? Those individual that are nocturnal, with pale white color and red crimson eyes?" Kei asked knowingly. "Ho…how?"

 

"How? Coz it is… as I thought you don't have any idea at all about the truth in this school. All students who are studying in this school all came from a vampire family, cold blooded in nature who has thirst with human blood. As to census of this academy you, Kei Inoo, is the only human studying to this school and so you are treated special. But no worries, you are not the only human who is in this academy premises. There are workers and teachers who are human as well but when it comes to students you are the only one."

 

"Me? H…how about Kou-chan? Kota Yabu? You said that he was enrolled to this school right?"

 

"Yeah I said that…"

 

"Kou-chan is a human like me." he claimed.

 

"He is not a human like you, Kota Yabu is a half blood vampire who came from the royal family." Catherine explained. "I know that he is not telling it to you and all this years you are believed that Kota-sama is a human like you are. But you are wrong, he is a half blood, half human and half vampire. To be honest with you, Kota-sama should spend his junior high in this school but he insisted that he wanted to stay in the human school but since his thirst of blood is becoming high as he grows up he needs to segregate himself so that he can't harm any human anymore. Vampires are now obliged to obey a royal law and that is the Aften Law which states that they can't attack humans anymore, nor drink their bloods unless there is a valid reasons. Valid reasons includes only protection of oneself if they are in great great great danger."

 

Kei can't believe about what he is heard. Is it all true? Kota, his best friend for a long time already, the guy that he love more than himself is a vampire? He didn't know, he has no idea and the most crazy thing that he heard is that he is now attending a vampire school. Is it the reason why Kota told him not to follow him anymore, it is because he knew this? He already warned him but he never listened.

 

"Wh…what should I do?" Kei asked the head master.

 

"You have two options, stay or leave the school."

 

"No… I will not leave this school. I decided to go to this school to follow Kou-chan but I am afraid too…"

 

"Yeah you must fear… the people in this place even they are restricted by the Aften law , but the very fact that they are vampires was still something that should not be taken for granted. For you to survive this school, you should cling into someone powerful. If you are owned by someone then there is no way others can touch you."

 

"Wh…what do you mean?"

 

"I already told you, in order to survive this place you need to be a servant to a master."