Coming back

The Most Important Decision [Short Story]

The bell rang once again. What's with this bell? she keeps hearing it at really weird times. "I'll think about it" she quickly closed the window on him. She hit her head and had a metal breakdown. It was the first time that someone confessed to her and she didn't know what to do. She layed on her bed thinking.

 

*Myungsoo, Byunghun and Taemin on facebook group chat (this chat has been on for ages)*

Tamin: Hey guys guess what I confessed to her

Byunghun: Nice one 

Byunghun: I'm really sorry by the way, it wasn't my fault. It's.... complicated.

Taemin: It doesn't matter.

Byunghun: Btw have you got her number?

Taemin: Yh why?

Byunghun: We are working on a project and I don't know her number. (Total lie)

Taemin: Okay. its ----------- (just calmly writing her number without thinking)

Myungsoo: Why am I still on this conversation? 

Taemin: It's been a long time friend

Myungsoo has left the conversation

Taemin: I was about to talk to him, he never changes

Byunghun: Got to go my laptop battery is running out (Another lie)

Taemin: Okay 

Byunghun has went offline

 

Why was Byunghun lying? Is he keeping a secret? The confession drove ~~~ mad. She continuously turned side to side trying to figure out what to do. Then she got a phone call. She shivered in nervousness hoping that it won't be Taemin. Luckily it wasn't Taemin, it was an unknown number.

 

"Hello?" she answered not thinking that it was a stranger. There was a long silence after that. After waiting for an answer, she looked at her phone and found out that the person already hanged up. 'That's weird' she thought, 'who could that be'.

 

The fourth bell rang. She didn't know where this bell was coming from but it was getting annoying. Then out of the blue three different text popped up on her phone.

 

She opened the first one which was from Taemin:  ~~~ please answer me. I'm so curious.

 

The second one was unknown: I know I'm just new but I think I like you. Will you be ma girl?

 

The third one was also unknown: Hey, moaner I know we'll be seeing each other more often. But I don't anyone else to see you as I do so.... Will you be mine? 

 

 

Three different people confessing to her at the same time. What should she do? She knew all of them except the last one she wasn't sure of. She also met them in same day after Christmas. Was this a coincidence?

 

*Next day* 

"~~~ your out of here" her current social worker told her. "I mean you don't have to stay in this dump anymore. Your cousin is allowing you to stay with her family. Don't worry I've got your bags packed" she got the bags out. ~~~ was delighted that someone actually wants to take her in. She was kind of surprised that it would be cousin though. But she could at least be free. The problem was that she won't be able to answer any of their questions.  She thought of it as a good thing since she was escaping from those confusing questions. She though it was a good thing but she didn't know how the boys was going to react to this situation. As she got in the  airplane she said "Goodbye Korea"

 

*3 years later. She is now 15 years old*

The time has come for her to come back to Korea. She went to New York to live with her cousin but now she's coming back to where it all started... in Seoul. The place she was a poor beger, the place that she hated the most. She tries to let go of her memories but as walks around Seoul everything comes back to her. She'll be studying in Seoul Arts Acedmy, to become a composer. That was her true dream to compose and make music.

 

"We have a new girl" the teacher annoced to the students.

 

"Hello, I'm Anna" she spoke in english totally forgetting that she was Korea. She thought carfully on why the student were staring her like that. Then she suddenly realised that she spoke in English. 'Opss first day of school and I make a mistake' she said in her head. Nobody reacted that shocked it was more like a 'What did she say?'. 

 

"~~~ please sit next to L.Joe" he pointed at the seat. As she walked up the class most of class had their headphone on and that included this L.Joe guy. He mostly slept through the whole day. But at one time he was asked a question and he just looked up and simply answered it. At that time she remembered a guy like that but there was no way that it was him because L.Joe looked more good looking than the other guy she remembered.

 

It's lunch break and she has no one to got with so she decided to go by herself. Instead of looking like a loner she wanted to eat somewhere else so she picked to go to the rooftop. They don't have rooftops in New York schools but it was the only place that she remembered that had peace and quite. However she didn't know that it was someones hide out. She walked upstairs with her food and opened the door to see the emptiness of the rooftop. She looked around and there seemed to be no one there. She found a space and sat on the ground to eat. Not noticing the person sat on the other level of the rooftop, she silently ate. "Hey you're in our territory!" a guy shouted behind her.

 

She quickly turned around to see a guy sit on the second level of the roof. She sees some handsome guy sitting there. "Sorry" she stood up and gathered her things.

 

"Wait pretty girl! Stay it doesn't look like you have a place to eat" he called to me. "Come up here,I'm a bit of a loner as well" he said. Firstly it was kind of him to let her stay but she found it creepy when he asked her to go sit with him. And so she stood up and walked up to him and sat with a distance away from him. He firstly looked at her weirdly but he didn't really mind.

 

 

"Am I that scary?" he mumbled to himself.

 

"Yes" she whispered underneath her breath.

 

"Really?" He drew closer to her.

 

"Yes" she stuffed some rice into so that he couldn't hear.

 

"WHAT?! Who do you think you are?" he shouted. He had good hearing an there was nothing that he couldnt hear.

 

"Anna and you are!" she swallowed her food. She has now decided to keep her name Anna as a stage name. She doesn't want anyone to know her real name.

 

I'm L" he stared at her for a few seconds. "You don't know who I am?" he asked even though he knew it that she was new. She shook her head, not knowing the reputation he has. "Really?" he looked like it was a big deal. "You are kidding me! I'm-" he was distracted by the the door opening. He looked to see who it was and he saw the rest of the group coming in.

 

"Yo! Hyung this kid doesn't know me!" L shouted at one of the person in the group.