Christmas Eve

The Most Important Decision [Short Story]

Byunghun didn't like the bullying at all, but whenever he tries to protect her Taemin would always stop him. Taemin didn’t want Byunghun to get in trouble. So Byunghun couldn’t do anything. 

 

*Christmas eve*

Byunghun was walking through the park to wait for Taemin. However Byunghun didn’t know that Tarmin had a situation so he was going to take a long time. He was going to end up in park by himself.Looking around the park he knew that there was going to be no one there, since it gets dark easily. He thought that no one was there but he was wrong. Not noticing the person in the swing, he stood there waiting in the freezing cold.

 

“How long is he going to take?” he whispered under his breath.

 

Byunghun looked behind as soon as he heard the voice. He hid behind the slide so he could hear her better. Why hide though?  An unfamiliar voice began sang. Her beautiful voice rang throughout the whole park. No one outside the park would’ve be able to hear it because her voice was sweet and quiet. If there was a load of people there, there’s 100% chance that no one could hear her. Byunghun caught a small glisps of her. She sat on a swing and she was singing ‘Ugly Duckling from IU’:

 

See the far sky

Mom,where the star live anyway

I see the lonely night

Me with my small flap

Ugly duckling but the same

My song will reach the sky

You’ll be able to find me-

 

She suddenly stopped while walking toward d as soon as she saw a movement behind the slide. Instantly, Byunghun asked “Why did you stop?” A bit surprised of who he saw, he walked to her. He didn’t know that ~~~ was a great singer. It was more unexpected to find out that she was bullied even when she has a beautiful voice.

 

She was sat on the swing with the moonlight beaming on her. The beautiful stars began to shimmer around her.  When Byunghun came out, she didn’t want to know who was listening so she started to walks away. Byunghun was a bit surprised on who she was. He didn’t know that ~~~ had a great voice. It was more unexpected to find out that she has amazing voice yet she gets bullied.

 

“Hey wait!” Byunghun grabbed her hand so he can get the chance to talk to her. “~~~…” His head fell in shame. “…I’m sorry” he said. She kept quiet and looked at him with confusion. Why did he say sorry? He didn’t do anything wrong.“I’m sorry for not doing anything. If I did something might have changed” He looked at the floor.

 

“No don’t be sorry, no one can change anything” she blurted out regretting the fact that he’s blaming himself for something that has nothing to do with him.

 

“But-“He lifted his head looking straight at her eyes. As she saw his eyes his eyes she immediately looked away.

 

“I’ll get going” she tried to pull away but he didn’t let go. It was hard to go let go because of the strength of his grasp that she couldn’t let go.

 

 "No don't go, I want to talk to you" he begged her desperately keeping a tight grip of her hand.

 

Her patience was running out, she had no choice but to do something. The first thing that came up on her was to kick him but that was a bit too much so instead she violently stamped on his foot. 

 

"Ouch!" he hopped in pain yet he still kept a hold of her hand.

 

"Fine" she found out that there was no point of struggling because it wont help. As soon as she gave up he suddenly dragged her back to the swings to sit down. They both sit down side by side. He starts of the conversation with "Hey, Do you go to singing lesson? because with a voice like that you should" 

 

"No, this is just my natural voice" she replied

 

"Really so are you planing to be a singer when you grow up?" he asked with curiosity

 

"I wasn't planing to" she said thinking of the things that she wanted to happen in her life.

 

"Well you should!" he was determined that she'll have a successful future.

 

"I'll think about it" she thought of her future.

 

*On the other hand, Taemin was at home*

 

"Hey give it back!" Taemin shouted angrily at his annoying sister.

 

"No" she ran away from Taemin holding his phone tightly 

 

"Give me phone now! I'm late!" Taemin tried to snatch it off her but she was too quick for her. "Why do you need it anyway?" Taemin asked to find out why his phone has been kidnapped.

 

"Myungsoo won't answer my phone so he might answer you" she started to text Myungsoo while running but she seem to stuggle to text and run at the same time. 

 

"He won't answer me either so there's no point" he continued chasing her

 

"Why?" she suddenly stopped "Ohh yeah... you stopped being friends" she remembered 

 

"No we didn't, he just suddenly... seperated after Byunghun left" he explained briefly. "Just give me my phone back" he  was still needed to meet Byunghun.

 

"NO!" she denied

 

"Please?" he tried in case she'll give him it if he was polite

 

"NO!" she kept his phone on her hands. This arguement went on for 1 hour so did ~~~ and Byunghun' conversation.

 

Luckly, ~~~ and byunghun kept talking or else Byunghun would've left by now. They were talking for so long that they didn't realise the time and Byunghun totally forgot the he was suppose to be waiting for Taemin. After 1 hour Byunghun got a text from late Taemin

 

Message

Taemin: Sorry my sister is so annoying, plsss wait for me 

Byunghun: I'll only wait for 3 minutes then I'll go, it's freezing you know 

 

"Who was that" ~~~ questioned 

 

"It was Taemin he had a fight with his sister" he answered after texting him on his phone. "...And I had to wait for him...." he looked at his watch checking how long it's been that he's waited for him. Shocked by how long he waited for him, he opened his mouth in shock."1 hour!" he shouted, "That jerk! I'm gonna kill him...  I forgot to ask what are you doing here?" 

 

"Oh it's my first time here, I just wanted to hang out here" she answered

 

"That's weird same with me, it's also my first time" he smiled. Was it a coincidence?

 

*Back to Taemin*

He started to run to the park which was 3 miles away. He didn't think of taking taxi or anything, he only thought of getting there as quick as possible. The taxi was the best choice but he didn't think about that. He ran the whole 3 miles without stopping and just to go to the park. Taemin got there just before 3 minutes but he was a little late. Saying 'Sorry' as he got in the park he immediently saw Byunghun with ~~~ but that wasn't all. Taemin eyes saw mischievous Byunghun doing something that Taemin didn't expect at all. ~~~ and Byunghun was... kissing.