The First Meeting

C'est La Vie

 

The door creaked open into a dusty blue room as Jiyoung entered through. She walked in slowly while looking around. She didn’t expect the place to stay the same after those two years that gone by. The memories all came back to her as she glanced at her old possessions. Then she saw a white guitar with written symbols on it. She picked it up and blew the dusts off of it. She read the symbols over and over again then picked the guitar to play. It was out of tune but with that one strike to it, it brought back many memories of them together.

 

 

 

A tall slim man stopped walking and noticed the door wasn’t closed. He approached the door and frowned until he heard a sweet acoustic tune playing inside. Entering the room to check what was up, he found Jiyoung focusing on the guitar or perhaps just dozing off.

 

“Yah! Who are you?!” He glared at her making jump.

 

“This was my house.” She replied with a sigh.

 

“Ha, and what? Say that was your guitar too?” He scoffed at her while having his arms crossed.

 

“Yes,” She frowned then stared at her guitar, “I’ll be taking my leave.”

 

She decided that she’d take it with her and leave the rest of her previous possessions at that old address. Jiyoung started walking towards the door with the instrument in her hands. The tall man quickly got grip of her elbow to prevent her from leaving.

 

“The guitar stays here.” His voice was firm. She ignored and shrugged off his grip and headed out the door. He sighed of frustration and ran in front of her stopping her from wherever she was heading to. As soon as he stopped, he quickly put his hands on the guitar and pulled it off of Jiyoung’s grasp. He started walking off with it.

 

“It’s mine, give it back.” She followed him. Then all of a sudden a vivid memory of her following Dongwoon holding onto the guitar attacked her. Liquid blurred her eyes. It felt like déjà vu. It felt like she was meeting Dongwoon again. She refused to let it happen again and ran for him. “Please, that guitar really is mine.”

 

“Then what? Are you going to go to my house and say that it’s yours too and just expect me to give what I live in to someone I don’t even have a single clue about? I’m sorry, it doesn’t work like that.” He replied coldly and walked back to his place.

 

“I ask for nothing of you other than my guitar! If you look clearly on it, there will be written words in Japanese.” She argued.

 

“Only words I know are Kang Jiyoung and Son Dongwoon. Are you Kang Jiyoung?” He asked sarcastically.

 

She rolled her eyes and opened her bag to get her identification card out to show him. “Kang Jiyoung.”

 

He stared at it and flushed in embarrassment, “Kang Jiyoung.”

 

She ignored him and grabbed her guitar then left him alone.