Lonely

C'est La Vie

 

Faded twinkling stars glittered dimly throughout the city of Seoul as the city is occupied from the lights made from electricity. People browsed around the busy streets shopping and hanging out while some stayed home sleeping or worked overtime. The liveliness of the night stalked everyone in the city. Everyone except for her. She waited outside of the Emergency Room desperately with tears regretting what she had said earlier to him. Finally, after an hour of waiting, the doctor came out with a calm face then announced him dead ending it with a sigh. She fell onto her knees and locked her hands together.

"I'm so sorry, Dongwoon." Her breathing got shorter as tears spilled. "It was my entire fault!"

She desperately wished for him to open the door and say that he was okay, but reality struck her hard. Her first love left her after three years of dating; what was she supposed to do without him? What is the meaning of life when I took Dongwoon’s life?

“Dongwoon-ah!” She cried as she felt her heart getting smaller and smaller.

“Miss, you should go back home. Staying here won’t bring him back.” An elderly woman suggested.

She wiped her tears away and got up feeling guilty for arguing with Dongwoon then nodded her head and walked out of the hospital back to her house.

Jiyoung was in her bathroom with the door opened. Her mind was filled with flashbacks of them together. She felt lost and lonely. She glared at the mirror looking at her reflection, filled with hatred. She screamed curse words at herself. Then finally, she picked up the razor and held it against her wrist where the big vein was. She closed her glassy wet eyes and took a deep breath. I'm sorry, Dongwoon. 

“Nyahhh, Jiyoung-ah! This is your handsome boyfriend, God-Woon!” Her phone blurted as she jumped a little. She smiled sadly and picked up her phone.

“Jiyoung?” Dongwoon’s mother called.

“Y-yes?” She answered and dropped the red dripping razor.

“I just want to let you know, thank you for being with Dongwoon. With you being there, I felt at ease that my son was going to marry a sweet girl.” She sniffed while talking.

“I’m… sorry.” Jiyoung said as she out from the huge loss of blood, making a loud sound as she fell.  

“Jiyoung?” Dongwoon’s mother called, “Jiyoung, are you okay?!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________