Trust

Golden Tears

Kai groans as he sits up in his hospital bed, staring out of the window. I've got to see him again, he thinks with determination. And I know exactly what to do. Though no matter how hard he thinks, he can't figure out why Luhan always sprinkled glitter everywhere he went. He must want me to know he's here, Kai thinks. He must want me to see him--

"Kai! We're leaving now. I'll be back later with lunch, because God knows that this hospital food is despicable--" Kyungsoo's voice fades away, and Kai relaxes once they're gone. 

Suddenly, there's another disturbance. Which of course has to lead to an unpleasant surprise.

"Oh Sehun. What are you doing here?" Kai asks flatly. He turns to examine the plant near him with fake interest, fingers tapping idly on the mattress.

Sehun his lips. "I- I came to see you." No , Sherlock, but why did you come to see me? Kai bites back his sarcastic comments and forces a smile onto his face instead, opting for a nicer sounding 'oh, I suppose that's nice.'

Sehun shakes his head, glossy caramel locks moving side to side with a soft swish that reminds Kai why he fell for the jerk in the first place. "I know, I know, I was such a douche to you last year. I'm sorry, alright?" Kai turns to meet his eyes, his own face set in a bored and placid expression. "Look... I've changed. A lot of us have changed."

"Are you coming to beg me to take you back?" Kai cuts in, interrupting Sehun's slightly dramatic soon-to-be monologue. 

Again, Sehun's hair swishes as he shakes his head. "Not... exactly. I wanted to apologize, I guess. I never really knew how much of an impact I made on you... and I- I wanted to let you know that a lot of my friends are... Well, they're--"

"Gay." Kai interrupts again, completely unfazed.

"Well, yes," Sehun finishes, surprised. "And... I'm really sorry. You didn't deserve it- you're a really good person." Sehun sighs, inhaling deeply before continuing. "But... That's not the only reason I came here." Beginning to pace around the room, Sehun's footsteps echoed slightly with soft clicks while Kai sat, waiting. "Your friend, Luhan."

Kai sniggered, a smirk playing out on his full lips. "Seriously? You knew his name?" That fact alone was enough to cover the pain that Luhan's name had elicited. 

A light pink dusted Sehun's cheeks as he nodded slowly. "Yeah. I- I asked Kris." Kai rolled his eyes, signalling for Sehun to continue. "Ah... So, anyways, I had a dream about him last night--"

"You what?!" Kai almost chokes on his saliva. Hell no, you ! I might allow you to trample all over my heart without any further action, but if you even breathe near Luhan, I'll-- he stops his train of thought at once, remembering that Luhan wasn't even technically with him, anyways. 

"Not like that! I swear!" Sehun's blush grows darker as his tongue darts out to moisten his lips again. "I just... there's something about him. I don't mean that in a ual way or anything, I promise!" Sehun's hands are out in the universal sign of I surrender, and it's all too hilarious for Kai. For the first time, he feels like he actually has something to hold over Sehun. "But look-- you know Chanyeol, right? His dad keeps track of the vital records. We might just be able to track Luhan."

Kai scoffs. Chanyeol? Like, the crack-head Chanyeol? His father works in government? "Why are you helping me?" Kai responds suspiciously, and rightfully so. 

With a small growl, Sehun turns, throwing his hands up in the air with exasperation. "I don't know! And it makes me even more frustrated! I think it's because I want to make it up to you, you know, for me being a jerk and all, but I just don't want you to hate me!" 

Sighing, Kai shifts on the hospital bed, repositioning himself in a slightly more comfortable manner, not that he could ever be comfortable with Sehun's presence. "Alright. Do whatever you can." Snuggling down into the cot's blankets, he stares Sehun down until the boy finally leaves. Luhan... I know you're out there. A small smile finally breaks out from inside him. And I know our relationship is confusing, but someday it'll work out. And I can wait.

~~~

Luhan walks slowly, hoping to prolong the time it'll take to reach the Administrative Office, where he'll have to face Yunho. Heaving a deep sigh, he turns around in a circle once, letting his arms flail around. Unfortunately, he hits someone on the arm as he does so. 

"My apologies--" he apologizes, turning to bow at whomever he had hit. Eyes widening, Luhan can only stare at the angel he has come face-to-face with.

"It's quite alright," the angel replies, humming a bit with a smile. "Everyone makes mistakes, even us angels." 

Luhan nods slowly, stunned. "Yeah..." The angel turns to leave, but Luhan quickly yells out. "Hey! Does your name happen to be Jaejoong?" he asks, taking a risk. It wouldn't be considered creepy at all amongst the angels, since it was just a question of mere interest. "Um, because you look familiar," he adds.

The angel nods. "That is my name, why? I don't recall ever meeting you before." 

"I understand. It's just that... I- I've seen you around, and a friend of mine is quite interested in meeting you as well. Are you familiar with Jung Yunho?" Luhan tries not to stammer. He's never really set anyone up before, and it's pretty awkward.

Jaejoong nods enthusiastically. "Of course! He's only the most powerful angel there is! God, if you will." He smiles, clasping his hands together. "What business might I have with him?" 

Luhan grins. "You're quite the exceptional angel, if you will." Jaejoong waves the comment off with a thank you. "I'm going to meet him right now-- how would you like to tag along?" 

"I'd love to!" Jaejoong's smile only grows wider. Luhan smiles as well, pointing to the Administrative Office while continuing to talk about Yunho. Jaejoong really is the perfect angel. I can see why Yunho was so in love with him.

You owe me one, Jung Yunho.

...sunbaenim.


HAHAHAHAHA SO HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT //throws this chapter at you

hope you enjoy. cooked at 300 degrees with love in every bite <333 //wat