Prologue

Golden Tears

 

Sehun is a jerk.

Sehun is a selfish bastard, Kai thinks. A selfish bastard with no heart. That’s what Joonmyun has told him countless times, over and over, every single day. But Kai doesn’t believe it. He doesn’t truly believe it in his heart, where he and Sehun are still together, still holding hands and sharing a hot chocolate in a crowded café where people point at them and admire what a gorgeous couple they are- because Sehun is beautiful.

Kai can’t believe that Sehun was ever his. He looks at himself in the mirror and just can’t wrap his mind around the fact that the beautiful being named Sehun had belonged to him, had held his hand, had whispered soothing reassurances with the ever-so-endearing lisp accenting his words.

“Are you thinking of him again?” Joonmyun sighs, shaking his head slightly. What did Joonmyun know? He was basically perfect. Good looks, good sense of humor, and don’t forget that kind personality. It was only natural that someone equally perfect like Kyungsoo would become attracted to him. They had been in a relationship for seven years now, and Kai thought they were practically married.

“He’s a jerk,” Joonmyun says. Kai mouths the words along with him; he’s heard them on a daily basis. Hourly basis, Kai thinks.

The door to the café opens and Sehun walks in- it’s his, their, favorite café- and their eyes meet. Kai averts his eyes, but not before he sees a smirk on Sehun’s face.

“I’m breaking up with you.”

“But… why?”

“Don’t you get it? I’m straight. Looks like you aren’t.” A laugh and a sneer. “You know, I thought you were smarter than this.” Chanyeol and Kris laughing in the background. “Turns out that you really didn’t have a clue. Don’t you get it?” Sehun tapping Kai’s head with his knuckles. “IT. WAS. A. JOKE.” Sehun turning to Chanyeol. “Isn’t he just the funniest thing?”

“.” A crowd, everyone laughing and pointing.

Kai blinks, closing his eyes for a long time before finally opening them. He then sighs, rolling up his sleeves.

“Are you still cutting?” Joonmyun sighs. “Listen, It’s just a stage. You’ll get over him. Besides, he’s just a selfish bastard.”

Kai stands up, the chair chair scraping against the floor as he straightens up. Joonmyun doesn’t understand, won’t understand. He walks quickly, ignoring Joonmyun’s shouting and the weird looks as his eyes sting.

I thought it was love. Kai shakes his head. There’s something about me, isn’t there? Something that makes me undesireable.

He knows that Joonmyun is sighing right now, putting his head in his hands, pitying him. Wondering why he’s so sensitive.

                Kai reaches the bridge where he cried, laughed, and cried even more. It was the place where he first realized his feelings for Sehun, the place where he received his first kiss- from Sehun- and the place where he was dumped- publicly- by Sehun. It’s busy right now by the bridge- rush hour.

Kai takes a deep breath. I’ll show you. And he jumps. The best part is, the black water welcomes him, embraces him, swallows him.

<><><> 

                “Can you please put a stop to this?” Yunho sighs, plopping himself down in his golden chair and taking a sip of water. He massages his forehead, silent for a few moments. “This is just getting out of hand.”

Luhan nods. “Me?” A smile creeps onto his face.  He can’t hold in his smile and beams. Yunho, who he admires so much, trusts him. “I won’t let you down!”

Yunho nods. “I believe you won’t.” A smile. Luhan prepares himself as he leaves, taking a last glance before he’s gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaanddd of course it starts with a breakup. /sigh I'M SORRY FOR THE CLICHES T.T 

Anyway. Prologue. Yes. kthxbye