Chapter Two.

Blessings.

 


“Unnie wake up!” Shouted Jessica’s younger sister Krystal at her as Jessica lay contently in her bed asleep as she had been for hours now, “You’re going to be late for work, sheesh.”

“Mm, what?” Jessica mumbled after barely waking up, “Can I go back to sleep now?” She continued to mumble.

“If you want to be late and then fired and lose your job you can,” Krystal told her shaking her shoulders.

“Oh right, I have work today,” Jessica grumbled reluctantly getting out of her bed, “Thanks sis’”

“No problem ‘Sica,” Krystal shrugged leaving her sister’s bedroom.

Jessica rubbed her eyes yawning, making her way over to her wardrobe and pulling out her work clothes, before beginning to get ready for her long day of work.


Jessica ran into her workplace, late ( as per usual ), hoping to remain unseen therefore un-scolded for her poor timekeeping skills. It seemed as luck was on her side today as she raced out into the cafe part of the bakery.

"Jessica!" Yoona called over to her.

Jessica walked over to her friend/co-employee as she finished tying the knot of her apron, "Yes?"

"That girl over there," Yoona began pointing to a girl, whom had a very familiar face to Jessica, who was sitting alone by a window-side table , "She says she doesn't want to order until you're here for some reason, pretty weird if you ask me, but can you go and please take her order?"

Jessica immediately nodded at Yoona walking over a small notepad for taking orders and a pen in hand, "Hello, Can I take your order Miss. Hwang?" Jessica asked with a bright smile set upon her face.

"Jessica, You're finally here, I was beginning to expect that you weren't coming into work today and yes, you can," Tiffany replied with  a grin, "I'll have two coffees please," 

"Two?" Jessica questioned raising an eyebrow, "Are you meeting someone?"

"Of course not," Tiffany laughed, "If you'd care to join me, I'd like some company."

"Oh," Jessica said surprised with a light blush coating her cheeks, "I'm on shift, I wouldn't be allowed."

Tiffany bit her lip for a moment, "Do it anyway, If anyone tries to tell you off for it Jess' I'll take the blame."

"Then, um, sure." Jessica stammered out before going to the kitchen and passing on the girl's order.

It had been a month since Tiffany's initial visit to the bakery and her and Jessica's first meeting, since then, Tiffany had been coming to the bakery on a regular basis, she couldn't even think why herself, maybe it was because they made good pastries or maybe it was because she enjoyed Jessica's company. Jessica wasn't complaining either, it gave her something to look forward to when she was at work. They had sprang up numerous conversations each time that Jessica had served Tiffany her things and the two grew so they were on a pretty friendly basis.

Jessica soon arrived back with their coffees and sat down at the table still unsure of whether it was right to be slacking off her job, though since it was early on a week day most people where at either work or school so the place was pretty empy, Jessica guessed that was excuse enough for her. She each drink down in front of both Tiffany and herself before taking a drink of her own.

"So, Jessica," Tiffany cleared , "Tell me about yourself."

Jessica sighed looking over at her, "I don't really think there's much to tell to be honest, I was born in San Francisco, California but I moved to Korea with my parents and sister a fair amount of years ago. I currently study Art and Photography at a local university, though I don't start my next semester for a few weeks, and I live a few blocks away with my younger sister, Krystal."

Tiffany smiled at Jessica though shook her head, "That's pretty bland, don't you think? I want to know about you, what you like and dislike, I want to know everything."

Jessica grinned, "You really are persistent aren't you?" She questioned rhetorically, "Well, I would pick sleeping over almost anything, I hate cucumbers and watermelons, I'm a horrible cook, I'm the worst person possibly ever to measure out food and again, I just can't cook in general-" Jessica trailed off, going on for around another five minutes before finishing and taking a deep breath.

"Are you done?" Tiffany chuckled.

Jessica shook her head with a grin, "I'm just getting started." 


Later, way after Tiffany had left, Jessica was finishing her shift and closing up the shop, tired and elated to be going home to her bed.

"Jessica?" Asked Hyoyeon from behind her, "Who was that girl you were sitting with earlier this morning?"

Jessica smiled at the late memory, "Oh, she's just a customer Hyo', Nothing to worry about or anything."

Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows, "You don't just sit down and have conversations with random customers, So who is she?"

"Her name's Tiffany," Jessica smiled, "And we're just friends, that's all."

"Just friends?" She questioned, "Don't think I didn't see the way you looked at her."

"What look?" Jessica asked her face starting to burn, embarrassed.

"That look you get, you know, when you're fawning over someone." Hyoyeon shrugged.

"Whatever you say." Jessica mumbled still embarrassed.

She barely even knew Tiffany, she couldn't like her like that could she? Well, at least Jessica thought so.


I apologise for not having this chapter up earlier :/
This month has been hectic with for me, with exam revisions and more homework plus my school's play on top of that but that's all over now so hopefully I'll have quicker updates.
I can't believe that I have 40 subscribers to this story already and there's only one chapter up, I can truly say nothing but seriously thank you! (:
And I swear the story isn't going to be as boring as this forever, trust I have a lot planned for this story (;
- sooyoungspastic.

P.S; merry christmas / happy belated hanukkah / happy early kwanzza and happy new year for everyone! c: