Chapter One.

Blessings.

Late.

Jessica Jung tried not to make a habit of being late, especially seeing that her job was the only thing paying the rent on her small apartment. She ran down the cement pavement in Seoul, rapidly breathing as she went whilst ignoring the looks that the strangers on the street were giving her. By the time she had gotten to the bakery where she worked along with seven other employees; Taeyeon (the bakery’s manager), Sooyoung (the financial manager), Sunny(a baker), Yuri (another baker), Yoona(a cashier), Hyoyeon(a waitress) and Seohyun(yet another baker). Jessica, like Hyoyeon, worked as a waitress.

She ran into the bakery from the back door to the employee lounge like area, out of breath, “Sorry I’m late!” She shouted as Taeyeon looked up from a few business notes that she was reading with a warm smile.

“Jessica, it’s fine, you’re hardly ever late and I don’t think you’d be late without reason so it’s fine,” Taeyeon told her.

“You’re the best unnie~!” Jessica told her as she tied her brunette hair in a ponytail and put on an apron.

“Now get to work!” Taeyeon said sternly though at the same time jokingly.

Jessica gave Taeyeon a two finger salute as she walked out into the café area ready to start working for the day.


 

Tiffany Hwang could not describe how bored she was in any words. She lived a life of routine mainly including things like attending social events that her father had made her go to, shopping and almost nothing more. Yes, Tiffany Hwang was bored with her life in one way or another.

“Excuse me, can you pull over here?” Tiffany called to her driver.

“Yes Miss. Hwang.” Her driver said curtly as he pulled over to the curb.

“Thank you.” Tiffany told him politely as she stepped out of the car, “I’ll call you when I am done.”

Tiffany eyed the bakery in front of her before walking inside to be greeted by the scent of freshly baked cakes and pastries. A smile took its place on her face as she sat down at a table in the café area. She took around five minutes reading the menu as she was horribly indecisive before hearing a perky voice saying;

“Hello, may I take your order?” She said with a grin.

“Um, yes…” Tiffany took a moment to read the girl’s nametag, “Jessica.”

"I'll have a red velvet cupcake please," Tiffany told her using the same polite tone she used to talk to her father's buisness associates.

"I'll be back with it soon." Jessica told her with a small bow.

'Hm, she's pretty, very pretty.' Tiffany thought for a small moment while the waitress walked away before shaking the thought from her head.

After a few minutes, Jessica returned with the cake placing it in front of her on a small plate.

"Thank you Jessica." TIffany told her with another smile.

"No problem Miss.." Jessica told her bowing yet again.

"Tiffany, My name's Tiffany Hwang." 

"Ah, No problem Miss. Hwang." Jessica told her before turning but Tiffany spoke again.

"Don't call me Miss. Hwang." She told her with a chuckle, "It makes me sound like an old woman."

"Alright, Tiffany." Jessica grinned as she returned to taking other customer's orders.


Jessica was overjoyed as she closed up the shop seeing as she was extremely tired from being on her feet almost all day. For some reason, her mind kept drifting off to Tiffany but Jessica couldn't think of why. She'd served a lot of good-looking customers in her time but she'd never thought of them after that. 

"What're you daydreaming about 'Sica?" Hyoyeon asked her close friend as she cleared a table.

"Oh nothing." Jessica shrugged off as she turned her head to see Hyoyeon.

"It's obviously not nothing, you looked life you were thousands of miles away." Yoona commented as she wiped down a table.

"It is nothing!" Jessica protested with a pout.

"It's something." Yoona chuckled, "Let me guess, it's a guy you like?" 

"No it's not." Jessica told her with a roll of her eyes. 

"It obviously is." Yoona continued to protest against Jessica in a friendly way.

Jessica frowned a bit as in her own head she tried to make sense of why Miss. Tiffany Hwang was on her mind.


So, there's the first chapter up c:
I hope everyone enjoys it, I'm not sure if it's too short or not but I'm publishing it anyway x3
Enjoy! ^.^
Feedback is also appreciated and I can't say how thankful I am for the people who have subscribed to this story already, I really do hope you guys like it c:

- sooyoungspastic c: