The Incident at the Basement

Change

 

The game was quite easy for Siwon since the rest of the participating students seemed as though they had never played a game of basketball in their lives. He, however, had been playing since he was young and knew all parts and rules of the sport.

‘’So you gonna go for the team or screw it?’’ Leeteuk ask, a bit jealous that the sports teacher would generously asked Siwon to join but not him. ‘’You know, you could always put in a good word for me,’’

Eunhyuk hit him in the arm. ‘’Ya, you can just ask him to do that for you. Siwon’s already got into a great place with the coach and you ain’t ruining that!’’

Leeteuk rubbed his now sore arm. ‘’Whatever. You’re just lucky that you came when Lau got outa the game,’’ he boasted while pointing his finger at Siwon. ‘’Wait till you meet Donghae, he’s just a good-for-nothing prick who thinks he can beat his way through life with his hair!’’

‘’Looks like you got competition, ’’ Siwon teased. ‘’How did someone manage to impress others better then you?’’

‘’What are you, on his side?’’ He snapped in defence.

Eunhyuk finally couldn’t keep it in any longer. He cracked up laughing at his friend. ‘’You should see yourself! I haven’t seen you this worked up since the time Mr Lee blamed you for the spiders in class.’'

‘’That teacher’s ing stupid, everyone knows that. Even though I didn’t put spiders in his stuff I would have anyway.’’

‘’Fair enough,’’ Eunhyuk leaned back in his chair, giving up on arguing. ‘’So you guys seen Yesung yet?’’

‘’Dunno,’’ Siwon replied, looking around the cafeteria.

‘’Hey guys,’’ all three of them jumped and turned towards what they thought was an empty seat. Yesung had suddenly appeared and was now sitting between Leeteuk and Siwon. ‘’Good to see ya man,’’ he said loudly to Siwon.

‘’How’ve you been?’’ he asked. Siwon hadn’t seen him after many years but Yesung still managed to look exactly the same. ‘’You haven’t changed a bit!’’

The rest of the group laughed at his comment. Since both Leeteuk and Eunhyuk had been with Yesung all these years, they knew that wasn’t true. ‘’You should see him in class,’’ Leeteuk stated.

‘’Or at a nightclub,’’ Eunhyuk added, slightly laughing as he remembered fun times with him.

Yesung just sat there, confused at both of them. ‘’What’s so bad about me at nightclubs?’’ He argued. ‘’Just because I have more fun then you guys. Hey, I found this really sweet club down on Geumjeong-gu-‘’

‘’Look dude,’’ Eunhyuk stopped him. ‘’If this is gonna be another one of your cheesy, small, indie club then we ain’t going. Cause last time we had to sit there for 5 hours straight while you danced to that American group Xiu Xiu.’’

‘’Hey! They were good!’’ he insisted. ‘’And the chick in it was hot, even Leeteuk was taking pictures of her,’’

Eunhyuk looked over to see Leeteuk shrinking in his chair. ‘’Don’t bring me into this,’’

‘’Anyway,’’ Yesung continued. ‘’It is a small club but from what I hear it is pretty rocking,’’

‘’What’s it called and where is it?’’ Siwon asked. He wanted to go out with his friends, no matter where it was. Now that he was back in Korea, he wanted to see what had changed.

Yesung grinned, happy that at least someone was interested. ‘’It’s called The Basement and its right next to the university.’’

‘’Wonderful!’’ Eunhyuk announced. ‘’A ing basement, even better.’’

Siwon looked at him. ‘’What’s wrong with a basement? Sounds better that way if it’s underground,’’

‘’Pfft, don’t mind the scaredy cat. He just gets paranoid in small dark places.’’ Leeteuk turned to Eunhyuk. ‘’Remember the time in Science when we had to turn off the lights for lock down last year? You couldn’t even last 5 seconds just your table,’’

‘’Okay, fine,’’ Eunhyuk gave up, he was too embarrassed to let Leeteuk keep talking. ‘’If you shut up then I’ll go.’’

‘’Cool! So tonight then?’’ Yesung asked, sounding rather excited already. Everyone nodded in reply. ‘’Great, see you guys at 9.’’

Looking up to see the rest of the students in the cafeteria, Leeteuk quickly noticed something odd. ‘’Hey, where is everyone?’’

Yesung looked around. ‘’, we’re late for class.’’ He grabbed his bag. ‘’See ya!’’

Slowly but surely everyone else left for class too, and some even managed to get after school detention.

 

Finally it was 9pm and Siwon and Eunhyuk were already late for meeting up at the Basement. It had taken Eunhyuk almost 10 minutes just to button up his shirt due to the thought of being stuck underground in a small crowded basement.

‘’You don’t have to come if you don’t want to,’’ Siwon said when they were just a block away in the car. ‘’It’s not like it’s anything special.’’

‘’No,’’ Eunhyuk quickly replied. ‘’its fine, it’s not that bad actually. Leeteuk was just exaggerating.’’ He looked over to see Siwon staring at him, his face looked unconvinced. ‘’No really, once I’m in there I’ll be perfectly fine and rocking it out, okay?’’

‘’Okay then,’’ he sighed. ‘’What did you guys mean at school about Yesung choosing the ‘cheesy, small’ clubs? Will it be that bad?’’

The car finally pulled up in front of a small entrance, the doorway painted white with green down one side of an arc. Both of the men in the car started laughing. ‘’Such a Yesung club,’’ Eunhyuk said as he got out of the car.

Going down the stairway into the Basement, Siwon had to have his hand on Eunhyuk’s back pushing him down each step. The hard bass of the music could be heard as they opened the dark door and entered.

The club was quite small, as guessed by Eunhyuk, but he still was able to see everything around him due to the colourful lighting. It was already packed with people, many on the dance floor in front of what looked like a mini stage. Siwon guessed that it was for live performances, like when Yesung saw his favourite American group.

There was an open bar on the left side of the entrance which formed as a semi-circle against the wall and just passed it were benches and couches for people who were drinking or who didn’t really want to dance.

‘’Hey Eunhyuk,’’ Siwon called over the loud electro music. ‘’Follow me,’’ Taking Eunhyuk’s hand to pull him through the crowd as he saw Yesung and Leeteuk sitting down on the far couch across the dance floor.

‘’What took you guys so long?’’ Leeteuk asked, his voice was slightly annoyed as they came and sat down with them. ‘’You guys left me with his punk,’’ Pointing to Yesung beside him. ‘’Had to try and keep him off the alcohol.

‘’Hey,’’ Yesung put his hands up in defence. ‘’You wanted to come to a club with me but you don’t want to drink with me. I think you got the problem.’’

‘’Come on,’’ Eunhyuk began. ‘’I’ll get the drinks.’’

Yesung got up as well. ‘’I’ll come with you!’’ Both of them were now pushing through the butch of people, hoping that the bar wouldn’t be so busy.

‘’So you still like dancing or was that just a phase?’’ Leeteuk asked as he pointed towards the group of people dancing behind them.

‘’Nah, quit it as soon as I left.’’ Siwon said as he leaned back in the couch.

‘’Good cause there is no way you’d find me out in that crowd either,’’ Leeteuk stated proudly. ‘’It was more of a Kibum and Yesung back in the day, wasn’t it.’’

‘’Yeah,’’ he agreed. ‘’How is Kibum by the way? I haven’t heard from him yet.’’

Leeteuk shrugged. ‘’Should be in Seoul. Though I think Eunhyuk called him back, didn’t he?’’

Before Siwon could answer, Yesung slid in next to him putting two drinks on the table while Eunhyuk went next to Leeteuk and placed the other two drinks.

‘’Now,’’ Eunhyuk announced. ‘’We don’t know what the Hell we got but the bar dude said they were good.’’

Leeteuk picked up his drink and looked at it closely. ‘’And you always listen to them? This could be some dangerous !’’

Not listening to his comment, the rest of them all drank their own nearly finishing it all. Following the others Leeteuk took a mouthful of his, but once he swallowed he realised something.

‘’Um… Mine has no alcohol.’’ He noted. ‘’But it’s still good.’’

At that same time, all three thought the same thing. ‘’Yesung,’’ Eunhyuk said. ‘’Is this a non-alcoholic club?’’

‘’No,’’ he quickly replied. ‘’It’s a club for the uni but they just don’t sell it to people under age…’’ After explaining he hurriedly finished his glass.

Eunhyuk and Siwon sighed. ‘’You could have told us earlier, ya know,’’

Yesung smiled, trying to lighten up the mood a bit. ‘’Well then, next time we will go to that bar you always like,’’

Siwon got up from the couch. ‘’Okay, let’s go then,’’

‘’Really?’’ Both Leeteuk and Eunhyuk were thankful that someone said something about leaving.

It was only Yesung who stayed in his chair for a bit longer. ‘’But you’re gonna miss the live band at 10!’’ He quickly gave up, following after them.

More focused on getting through the crowd and out of the door, Yesung didn’t see that his friends had stopped which caused him to bump into Eunhyuk’s back. ‘’Wha th-‘’

‘’Well, look who we got here,’’ Leeteuk said as they stepped out of the club.

In front of them was one of many of his enemies, Lee Donghae, and beside him was Kangin. And when one of them had an enemy, that person became everyone’s enemy. It was probably bad timing on his behalf because Leeteuk just happened to be already pissed off.

‘’What are you doing here?’’ Donghae asked when he saw all of them staring at him. He could easily tell that they were annoyed, and most likely at him.

‘’What the is it to you?’’ Eunhyuk sneered, stepping forward towards him.

‘’Oh, you know,’’ he smirked, also taking a step forward so that he would be only an inch away from Eunhyuk’s face. ‘’Just wondering if you guys were out to drinking away your problems.’’ Donghae looked behind Eunhyuk to look at Leeteuk. ‘’You didn’t have to go this far, ey’ Teuk. It’s a real shame you didn’t make it onto the team.’’

The last comment set him off. ‘’YOU BASTERD!’’ Leeteuk shouted as Siwon and Yesung were holding his arms, knowing what he would do if they didn’t. ‘’You don’t ing deserve it. The coach is picking favourites and you know it!’’

‘’Leeteuk,’’ Donghae said, walking back to stand beside Kangin who was already enjoying the show. ‘’we all know you can’t play basketball for so don’t embarrass yourself.’’ He point towards Siwon. ‘’It’s good to see you finally got someone to help teach you,’’ he laughed.

Not wanting to hear anymore, Siwon let go of Leeteuk’s arm and went towards Donghae. Before he could register anything that was happen, Siwon had punched him square in the face, knocking Donghae straight on the pavement.

‘’Don’t you ing say another word,’’ he warned and then left, walking back down the street towards their car. Still shocked at the events, Eunhyuk went running after him leaving both Leeteuk and Yesung to following slowly behind as they continued laughing at the fallen man.

‘’Donghae,’’ Kangin went straight down to Donghae once Siwon left to check if he was alright. ‘’Are you okay?’’

‘’Yeah,’’ he replied as he immediately put his hand to his right cheek. ‘’Who the was that!?’’

‘’Dunno, new guy I guess.’’ Once they had all left Kangin lifted him up. ‘’Come on, let’s get you back home,’’

Seeing that Donghae could still walk fine, he followed him back passed the block before calling a taxi home. Kangin knew that he was angry so he didn’t want to talk just in case he might say something to tick him off again.

 

***

 

The ride back to Eunhyuk’s apartment was also a quiet ride. Siwon was just looking out the window out at the small café’s and little corner streets like nothing had happened while Eunhyuk was still stunned. Just 5 minutes left, he finally spoke.

‘’That was ing amazing!’’ Eunhyuk shouted almost making Siwon jump. ‘’Man that was just so awesome,’’ he began laughing.

‘’Well, he deserved it. He shouldn’t say that kind of to us,’’ Siwon said, kind of surprised that his friend was still laughing. ‘’Who was he anyway?’’

After a minute since Siwon’s question, Eunhyuk finally contained his laughter. ‘’That was Lee Donghae, sport guy but no so bright. Him and Leeteuk go way back,’’ he stopped the car just outside of the building. ‘’He’s a though, but without him we wouldn’t have had some great fights in sports class,’’

Nodding , Siwon got out of the car and around to the entrance with Eunhyuk following behind him. The way up to Eunhyuk’s apartment was made up of many stairs, since the elevator was almost always broken due to vandalism.

Once at the top of the staircase on the level to his place, Eunhyuk got out his keys form his pocket. He stopped suddenly went he noticed someone standing right in front of his apartment door. As the guy turned around, Eunhyuk and Siwon both saw who it was and smiled.

‘’Kibum!’’ 

 

***

 

Okay, fourth chapter. This okay for you guys? It actually scared me writing this one, though it wasn't as long as I wanted it. Quick question before I go, is there anything inparticular that you would want to see in future chapters? Just because I am writing this for you guys so I do want you to enjoy it! :D

Please comment, I rather them then subscribers (if you don't want to)!