My Only Girl

Lay On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE SHOT STORY; LAY ON ME


 

 

The soft strumming of a guitar could be heard in the small studio apartment you shared with your boyfriend. Today was your birthday and instead of going out on a date like he had planned out, you rejected the offer and told him you just wanted a peace and quiet evening at home with him. Truth was, you were really tired to even go out. You were the new manager at your job and it was draining you out like crazy; on top of that, you went to the dance studio with your boyfriend as both of you were choreographers at a dance contemporary academy. You were lying on your "bed", which was really just a full-sized mattress that laid in a corner, next to the window with the best view of the city. Your boyfriend had offered to buy a bed with his last month's income but you told him to save it...you secretly liked this bed...somehow it made you think that it was more romantic.

He called your name and when you didn't respond, he went up to you only to find out that you were deeply asleep. He smiled sweetly as he stared at you, his guitar in one hand as he gently sat on the mattress beside you. He stared in silence at you once more, then leaned to kiss your temple softly. "Poor baby of mine..." he said in a melancholic voice. "It's her birthday and she doesn't even have the strength to celebrate." You shifted in your sleep and continue snoring softly. He chuckled. "You really are asleep, huh?" he whispered. "Then I guess you won't be able to listen to your gift..." Lay took his guitar across his upper body and strummed a few chords before he started playing a lovely melody. The song itself made you want to be in a even deeper sleep. It was so soft...really lovely, but what really got your attention was that you knew he was about to sing. Seconds later, he sang:

"Close your eyes and listen to this song

The song that I sing only for you,

I'll see you in your dreams as well, and will tell you of my love."

You smiled in your sleep. His voice was soft as well and the way he sang made you think of the first time you met. It was back at the academy, five years ago. Both of you were students at that time, you were nineteen while he had just turned seventeen. You had seen him dance, yeah...he was pretty good (you had also seen him space out...that was...amusing...). But never did you thought you will have to partner up with him in a couple lyricist dance. "Both of you are our main dancers." the teacher had said. So you just shrugged it off and decided to finally know what this kid was all about. "Hey." he looked up and smiled, a dimple showing on the left side of his face. "Hey...you are that girl, right? The one that danced the hip hop remix last Saturday." You slowly nodded. "Nice to meet you! I'm Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Lay!" you took his hand and told him your name. After that, you practiced almost everyday. He was as much of a hard worker as you were. One day, you were sitting on the dance floor at the studio, eating lunch; when he took out a guitar. "I didn't know you could play guitar!" you stated. "And the piano also." he added. "Nice!" he played a nice song for you that he wrote and that was the day...the first time your heart skipped a beat, the first time you saw him with different eyes. After that, the rest is history. Sure, at first you felt weird dating a guy that was two years younger than you since you mostly dated boys older than you but with Lay everything was a bliss, he made it so easy for you. 

"The fact that you're right beside me feels like a dream

Whenever I see you smile, whenever I see beautiful you,

I slowly fall in love..."

As Lay sang to you, he stared at your sleeping face with loving eyes. Yes, he loved you so much..he could not believe how lucky he was to have you in his life. He never thought he would get you as his girlfriend, he had admired you from day on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter