Sehun: Time for a Change

Everything Changes

 

 

Sehun shut his bedroom door quietly and leaned against it, taking quick jerky breaths. He stared at his palms - the trembling was probably imperceptible to anyone looking on but to Sehun, it felt like his hands were shaking uncontrollably. He only hoped Baekhyun hadn't noticed the subtle tremors. It was a minor miracle he hadn't cut himself to ribbons while shaving - he'd been that nervous.

 
When Baekhyun had staggered in unexpectedly and headed for the toilet, Sehun's initial instinct had been to flee, and it had taken all his willpower to stay rooted where he was and carry on brushing his teeth as if it was the most natural thing to do. 
 
He couldn't even understand why he had been so disturbed by Baekhyun's accidental intrusion. I mean it wasn't as if  Baekhyun and him hadn't been going to public toilets together for years. But this had been ... infinitesimally different somehow.  Maybe it was because they were sharing a private space now and all the rules had inexplicably changed - well they had for him anyway. Baekhyun seemed as oblivious as ever. 
 
Sehun still couldn't believe he'd mussed Baekhyun's hair on his way out. And the even bigger mystery was that the older man hadn't gone completely feral about it. It was probably delayed shock. He was surely going to tear him limb from limb once it finally sank into his soju-tinged consciousness that Sehun had sassed him. Totally. 
 
Instead of feeling apprehensive of the repercussions though, Sehun's heart felt strangely released. He grinned - taking charge of the situation had felt good. He'd allowed Baekhyun to be the alpha for too long. Sehun had never been one for confrontations so if it was something he could live with, he usually just let Baekhyun take the lead. It was just ... less exhausting than going into headlong collisions with him like Chanyeol seemed to enjoy doing. 
 
But maybe it was time he started stirring things up. If nothing else, it would certainly distract him from the fact that he was now living together with Baekhyun while desperately trying to conceal his less than platonic feelings from him. Baekhyun could be terrifyingly perceptive about most things and most people, but Sehun was like his blind spot. Sehun supposed he should feel grateful for this and yet ... he didn't. Three years was a long time to keep quiet about how one felt and maybe he didn't want to do it anymore. 
 
Yes, it was definitely time to mess with Baekhyun's equilibrium, Sehun decided as he changed into casual jeans, shirt and hoodie.
 
"Hyung! Let's go! Hungry!" Sehun yelled with a confidence he didn't really feel as he strode out of his room ...
 
------
 
Sorry for all the interior monologue for Sehun but I really wanted to set up the context here - about how Sehun has crushed quietly on Baekhyun for 3 years and Baekhyun has never once suspected it. Baekhyun has always been the dominant one in their 8 year friendship but Sehun is now ready to shift that power balance and I think it's going to be fun seeing him do it!
 
Thanks for reading - and a big shout out to my subs! Love you guys!