Sehun: Complications

Everything Changes

 

Was it possible to die from boredom? Because Sehun felt like Junmyeon's droning voice was slowly but surely killing him. He'd stopped registering what the other guy was saying three quarter way through dinner - preferring to mentally replay his intimate encounter with Baekhyun while nodding his head from time to time so Junmyeon would think he was actually listening. He cursed Baekhyun for getting him into this. If he'd only just kept his mouth shut at lunch, Sehun would have just refused the movie date on his own. But if he were honest with himself, a little part of him found Baekhyun's blatant act of possessiveness kind of hot. 
 
Sehun had paid for their tickets (he didn't want Junmyeon thinking this was an actual date) and he had sighed with relief when the lights went off, because that meant that the movie would start soon and Junmyeon's monologue would forcibly stop. Thankfully, Junmyeon apparently wanted to watch the movie for real and only muttered the odd word after the opening credits rolled out. 
 
He couldn't help comparing this to watching movies with Baekhyun - after eight years they'd established a comforting pattern. They'd watch quietly and then if something really over the top happened, they would make fun of it and afterwards, they'd pick the whole movie apart. Baekhyun usually did more of the talking but he always wanted Sehun's input. Baekhyun might be a lot of things but he did expect interaction in a conversation. This was literally two strangers sitting beside each other in a darkened cinema.
 
Skyfall was gripping and Sehun was soon caught up with the events unfolding on the screen. The was spectacular and Sehun only began relaxing as things started winding down right at the end. But he was still concentrating fully on James Bond reporting at Headquarters when he felt something wet and unpleasant and ... painful at the base of his neck.
 
"What the hell?!" He shoved Junmyeon away, wincing slightly at the sharp pain, "Sunbae, what are you doing?" Which was a stupid question - Junmyeon had clearly been giving him a hickey and considering how much it hurt, the bruise was going to be a bad one. Sehun glared furiously at him and Junmyeon shrugged a little sheepishly, saying the movie was almost finished - like that was a reasonable explanation for anything. 
 
"That was not ok. And we are not doing this again, sunbae." Sehun said quietly but firmly, and Junmyeon raised his hands in surrender - his expression seemed to indicate he'd received the message loud and clear. 
 
------
 
Sehun let himself into the apartment, his body humming with anticipation at seeing Baekhyun again, while at the same time hoping the latter wouldn't notice the darkening bruise on the left side of his neck. He wasn't trying to hide it from Baekhyun, he just didn't want to go into it tonight - that it had even happened was bad enough.
 
"Hyung?" Sehun approached the living room sofa to find Baekhyun sleeping. The aubergine-colored quilt was pooled messily around Baekhyun's midriff and a copy of William Gibson's Neuromancer lay on the coffee table. He had brought his pillow out from his room too, and he half lay on it, half cuddled it. It moved Sehun to see his temperamental, cranky hyung looking vulnerable and contented in sleep. He didn't have the heart to wake him up. Their talk could wait till the next day. 
 
Sehun went to wash up and change into his sleepwear of gym pants and long sleeved tee. As he was leaving his room, he glimpsed the black folder on his bed and swore. He'd forgotten to keep it in the drawer and Baekhyun had been in his room to get the books for his asshat of a cousin. He wondered if he'd checked out the contents. Baekhyun was nothing if not terminally inquisitive. Kyungsoo liked to say he was like a pit bull - when he got curious about anything he would persist until he had found out everything there was to know about it. Could he have resisted looking in the folder? Sehun doubted it but he refused to worry about it because he would have eventually shown him the drawings anyway. Things had already changed irrevocably between them and it would just be  a matter of telling Baekhyun earlier rather than sooner, that he had kind of been in love with him for the better part of three years.
 
After switching off all the lights, Sehun lifted the quilt and climbed in beside Baekhyun - blessing the oversized red sofa that could hold two slim male bodies quite comfortably. He lay on his left side and faced Baekhyun, running his fingers up and down Baekhyun's arm until he stirred, and rubbed his eyes. 
 
"You're back," Baekhyun mumbled groggily and Sehun smiled lazily, continuing to his right arm. 
 
"Were you waiting up for me?" 
 
"Yeah. I must have fallen asleep. What time is it?" Baekhyun buried his face against Sehun's neck and inhaled deeply, his warm breath tickling Sehun. 
 
"It's late. Past midnight."
 
"We should talk about things," Baekhyun tried to stifle a yawn unsuccessfully. 
 
"Why don't we do that tomorrow? There's no rush, right? You're not leaving for America tomorrow, or starting a new job in Europe, or dying of a brain tumor like in the dramas?" Sehun gazed at Baekhyun teasingly, his right arm draped over his waist. 
 
Baekhyun laughed and shook his head, no there was no rush he said just before his lips met Sehun's. They kissed for a while before falling asleep in each other's arms. 
 
---------
 
So it turns out Baekhyun was right and Junmyeon really is a douche lol. The next update will probably be the final chapter of Baekhyun and Sehun's story and I do hope you'll stay on board for the rest of the journey ;))). 
 
There will be an overlap with my oneshot,There's Always Time for Patbingsu, and you'll get to visit briefly with Kyungsoo and Jongin. And more importantly, you'll get to find out what Baekhyun and Sehun were fighting about outside Caffe Bene!
 
Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting. Love you, guys!
 
Hugs, LotusK