Operation: Ruin Sandara Park

Love Pact

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong pulled over his Bentley in front of a famous club in Seoul where all of his friends are waiting. The blast of loud music and the colorful flashing lights welcomed him as he entered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been two weeks already since he arrived from the States to Seoul, but this was the only time he had to catch up with his old friends. He was busy from all the business-related affairs as a preparation for the formal announcement that he will be the next CEO of Kwon Corporation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And of course, there’s the addition problem about his so-called ‘fiancée’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unconsciously, he smirked at the thought of Dara. These past few days, that girl and her ‘Operation: Ruin the Engagement’ became his main source of entertainment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything started when his father told him that he is really serious about marrying him off to his mother’s best friend’s daughter. He only found out about his dear fiancée when he returned to Seoul from America.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was his mother’s dying wish and his dad is willing to do everything to make that stupid pact possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At first, he was livid and vehemently disagree. But after his father had another heart attack, his love for his father dominated his heart. It may not be obvious, but he really loves his father so much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But of course, being arrogant, selfish, manipulative, cunning and creative person that he was, he turned the problem into a challenge. And that started the ‘Operation: Ruin the Engagement’—or to be more apt, ‘Operation: Ruin Park Sandara’. His grin got wider at the thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He sat down at the elevated part of the bar and ordered his first drink for the night. He scanned the crowd for a familiar face, but he doesn’t recognize anyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Great, those scumbags dare to make me wait?’ he thought. None of his friends are still there. Then, his mind drifted back to his ‘fiancée’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After doing sever research on Park Sandara, he learned that the most convenient part of attacking her was her job. Right after their dinner, he quickly enforced his ‘operation’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the first part was to send many complaint letters to her agency regarding her inefficient and irresponsive behavior. After a week of pestering her, his second phase is already ready wherein one of his insiders will spread a rumor that Sandara is a masochist and have gone through abortion before.

 

 

 

 

 

He unconsciously chuckled at his plans. Oh they were such a hit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I must be Shakespeare in my past life. Kekekeke...’ he thought, praising his self.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh how glad he is to imagine the angry and beet red face of his mighty fiancée. He bet, after a week, she’ll give up on her own. And if not, well he could still come up with a couple of creative ways to torment her.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

“Dara, you should not let those rumorss eat you up. Nobody even believes it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Automatically, Jiyong’s eyes shot up to the direction of the voice where it came from.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Slowly, he turned his head at the back of the table he was sitting upon. Long brown hair, flawless skin, petite—confirmed.

 

 

 

 

 

It was his fiancée, talking to some guy beside her. Jiyong easily recognized her despite her old maid look when they first met.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I know that, Seung hyun. But it’s hard not to be affected.” Dara let out a smile at the guy beside her. And it did not escape Jiyong’s sharp sensory preceptor that there was sweetness in the way she smiled at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He chuckled to himself. At the age of twenty-five, Jiyong was already an expert in the art of flirting. And he cannot be wrong—Dara was flirting with this guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And at that moment, another idea popped inside his mind. He smiled inwardly like a light bulb suddenly lit up above his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stood up and approached their table. He realized that ‘Attack-Your-Opponent’s-Weakness’ business strategy which he learned from handling their company come handy at this kind of times.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here, huh, Dara?” he demanded harshly when he was finally in front of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Who…” Dara lifted her gaze and her eyes widened in surprise. “J-Jiyong?” her words stuttered like she had a hard time processing that it was really him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you cheating on me?” Jiyong grabbed her elbow then harshly pulled her up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t it enough that you shamelessly aborted our baby? Now what’s this? You’re cheating on me?” he shouted as he shook her shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, you’re hurting her!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s gaze landed on Seung hyun then glared at him coldly. “You! Stay the hell away from this! I’m her fiancé and we could’ve been a family with a child by now if she didn’t—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Stop!” Dara yelled. She shifted her eyes on Seunghyun and looked at him apologetically. “Seung hyun, don’t listen to him. He really lost his—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So you’re going to deny it? You two-timing—“

 

 

 

 

 

“You!” She shouted back at Jiyong, cutting him off. “Come with me.” Then harshly drag Jiyong out of the bar.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Grinning while feeling so overly contented as Jiyong stares at the girl in front of him. She paced back and forth while trying to comprehend what’s happening. He was leaning comfortably on the wall outside the bar where he was dragged while she was overly enraged on the other hand.

 

 

 

 

 

“What now? Shoot your fire,” he drawled after a couple of seconds. She gave him a death glare, but still continued her pacing back and forth. Soon after, she stopped and faced him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know what, I never imagined that a person like you do exists. Someone who would do such childish things just to piss somebody off! How old are you, Jiyong? Eleven?! Are you really this immature?”

 

 

 

 

 

He frowned. For a person like him who have been expose to the harsh life of business society, Jiyong found this woman very naïve.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You disappoint me, Dara. You should be expert in handling someone like me because you’re an attorney, right? As for being childish, well, it’s okay to be like that sometimes, as long as it is you that I’m bugging and pestering.” And he smiled his sweetest smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed at Jiyong and snorted. “First, don’t call me ‘Dara’. Only my friends can call me that.” Dar looked at him straight in the eyes and shot him a glare. “It looks like Mr. Won you also didn’t do your assignment diligently. Complaint letters? Masochist? Abortion? They’re useless. It would take a whole lot more than that to break me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong shrugged his shoulders. “Fine then. I can still come up with more uh…creative ways to break you, my dear fiancée.” And he smirked at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Then prepared to be disappointed. You can’t break me, I’m not going to be the one who will break the engagement.” She answered back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

For a couple of seconds, they glared at each other, trying to make each other back down. But soon after, a loud whimper was heard on the other side of the street. When he took a glance from where the sound came from, he saw a child lying on the gutter with a big man hovering above him.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was about to turn his attention back at Dara but she had already ran towards the scene. Before he could even react, Dara is already fighting with the man while trying to get the poor child from the man’s arms.

 

 

 

 

 

“What the hell,” he whispered, annoyed.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong had never seen anyone acted so impulsively and stupidly. The scene was getting worse and he saw the man harshly pushed Dara, maing his feet move on their own. He momentarily stopped when Dara approached the man again like nothing happened. It seems like the man lost his patience and slapped Dara in the face hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He cursed and automatically ran closer to shorten the distance between him and the scene. Much to his dismay, the street light turned green and from where he’s standing, he can see the man approaching his fiancée again, ready to hurt her once more. Jiyong cursed again, ignoring the streetlight and the passing cars as he crosses the street.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“. I’m not going to make it,” He cursed himself when he saw the man pulling on Dara’s elbow. But suddenly, Dara turned around and using the arms holding onto her and throw the man down on the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The man fell flat on the ground as Dara hurriedly took the child in her arms. As Jiyong finally approached her, anger flooded shoot up in his entire body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What the do you think you’re doing?!” he shouted. Dara was surprised to see him there and it seems like she forgot that he was even with her earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

“What I’m doing is none of your business.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, sure! But you did notice that you could have been seriously injured! How stupid can you get?” He cannot believe that she could do such a stupid thing. More importantly, he can’t believe that she actually made him worry.

 

 

 

 

 

Well it was not that he was worried really or that he actually cared, but seriously, even though he’s an sometimes—okay he’s an most of the time— still it’s not right to just stand there and watch the scene between Dara and that man, right? Also, he might be a womanizer, but he can proudly say that he had and will never hit a woman in his entire life. And he sure would not tolerate if it is happening in front of his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To his utter annoyance, Dara didn’t pay attention to him like he’s non-existent. She was busy carrying the child. Jiyong stared at her while she was having difficulty keeping the child in her arms. He also noticed the bruise on her cheek and some blood on her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re bleeding,” Still, she didn’t pay any attention to him. Cursing to himself, he took the child in his arms from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, what are you doing, Jiyong—“

 

 

 

 

 

“Shut up!” he yelled angrily, then crossed the street with the child still in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you think you’re doing? Hey!” she ran to him. He went straight to the parking lot and carefully placed the child inside his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get in,” Jiyong commanded her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong, I’m trying to be reasonable here. You can’t just—Hey!” and she was dragged forcefully inside his car, cutting her litany of scolding again. Jiyong immediately started the car then quickly sped off on the streets.

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

Dara almost felt like flying inside Jiyong’s car. But thanks to him and his fast driving, they quickly arrived in Seoul Medical Hospital

 

 

 

 

 

The boy suffered from bruises and got an internal bleeding from the constant physical abuse he received. The doctor told them that the boy needed operation.

 

 

 

 

 

“Is there a Type O from the two of you? The child needs a blood transfusion for the operation.” The doctor said to Dara. They were both standing in the hallway of the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

‘’ she cursed to herself. She is a type A.

 

 

 

 

 

“Doctor, I can be a donor. I have the same blood typeas the boy.” Jiyong suddenly said, making her eyes shot up to him in surprise. She then again almost forgot that she was with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s good. Come with me and we’ll run a few quick tests to ensure that you’re fit to be a donor.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

He nodded and followed the doctor without even taking a glance on her.

 

 

--

A/N: First of all, I want to say THANK YOUUUU! For the comments, for viewing, for subscribing and for instantly loving this fic. I hope you'll support this fic as much as . Again, thank you for reading! Comments are very much appreciated, let me know your thoughts because I really do enjoy reading them. :)