Epilogue

Love Pact

 

 

“Dad, do you know that research indicated that over 40% of brides have wedding anxiety?  Some think it could perhaps be higher. According to one recent poll, 10 to 15 percent of weddings are called off annually. But perhaps more intriguing is that an estimated 75 percent of wedding back-outs now come from the bride, almost the same percentage that came from the groom up until the last few years. You know that news about a Korean man who flew to Vietnam after his bride ran away. He wandered on the streets and begged—“

 

“Jiyong, relax. You’ve been ranting nonstop for quite some time now.” His father said as he tapped his son’s shoulder in encouragement. Jiyong looked around the church anxiously. “You’ll be fine. Everything’s going to be fine.”

 

The white tulips scattered beautifully around the church danced as the summer wind blew. The guests were chattering, telling each other that Kwon-Park nuptial has got to be the wedding of the year.

 

Jiyong let out an exhale as he ran his sweaty palms on his designer white suit. How come he feels so jittery and excited and anxious? Does every groom feel like this or it’s just him? That girl surely knows how to make him feel thousands of emotions in one second.

 

“Dad, are you sur—“

 

“Stop that, Jiyong. You rant like Sandara now, you know the way she talked on our first meeting,” and he saw the glitter of bliss in his father’s eyes as he chuckled. He nodded and smiled of the memory of their first meeting. Who would’ve thought they would end up marrying each other after so much trouble.

 

He took another breath to calm himself. He’s glad that his father is as happy as he is now. Jiyong then felt his world stopped as the wooden of the church opened. He felt his eyes sting, the tears fell from his eyes as an angel appeared and started walking on the white carpet.

 

Dara walked slowly as she suppresses the tears of joy threatening to fall from her eyes. There he is, the man she had never seen coming standing at the altar waiting for her.

 

‘You should be the one to ruin the engagement’

 

‘What if I don’t?

 

‘Trust me, you wouldn’t want to stay with me’

 

The one who enjoys bickering with her.

 

‘My elementary teacher told us that massaging is a good way to relieve stress…’

 

‘Why did you want to learn?....’

 

‘I did that for my father’

 

The kind hearted son who only wants happiness for his father.

 

‘Don’t…leave me. I love you’

 

‘You don’t have to go that far, Jiyong’

 

‘If loving you would bring me hell later, so be it. I’ll burn happily’

 

And her fiancé who bravely admitted his love for her.

 

She smiled upon reaching Jiyong as she took his hand and held it tight. The warmth spread all over her as he smiled down on her.

 

“I thought you would run away,” Jiyong whispered as they settled down in front of the altar.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, you know I’d always come back to you no matter what,” Dara smiled and gave him a reassuring squeeze on the hand. “On second thought—“

 

“No second thoughts for you baby, I won’t let you go. Never.”

 

“Yah! Can you let me finish?” she said and chuckled lightly. “As I said, on second thought, why would I run away when I’d rather stay by your side for the rest of my life?”

 

They let out a heartily laugh, making the people around them confuse. Oh for all they care, it is their wedding. They’ve been through so much together. There were a lot of pushes and pulls between them. A lot of confusions, bickering and fights. A lot of  times of cowardice and bravery.

 

Everybody says they are the complete opposite of each other but that makes them different from others. There was never a dull moment when they’re together. Their love for each other overcame their differences.

 

“I do with my big ego.” Jiyong answered, winking at her. “I love you, Dara.”

 

“I do too with my strong pride.” Dara smiled and stared at him lovingly. “And I love you more, Jiyong.”

 

They both looked down at the shining rings binding them. Jiyong s her hands around her waist then pulled her smoothly to him and without wasting any second, he leaned downkissed her which she returned with so much fervor. Everybody clapped while some even shed a tear upon seeing them enveloped with so much bliss.

 

This is definitely going to be the wedding of the year.

 

 

--

A/N: Finally it is the end! First of all, I want to say thank you to the readers and supportes who motivated me to finish this fic for DaraGon. I may not be able to reply to your comments one by one but please know that I appreciate them all and keep them safe in my heart. Thank you everyone for the positive and overwhelming *in a good way* feedbacks and comments this fic received. See you on my next fic...soon. I'll miss you all! DaraGon all the way!

 

xoxo,

Pat Authornim~