Chapter 3: Kim Jongin

Insane

Kim Jongin rested his head in his hands as he stared at the new "Missing" poster stapled onto the wall of his cubicle. He pouted and bit his lips. He'd seen this man before... But he couldn't remember where or when.

The man was Byun Baekhyun. 20 years old, light brown hair, brown eyes, last seen wearing a white V-neck and blue jeans, about 174 cm tall. But where have I seen you before? he thought before being interrupted by the sudden ringing of his cellphone. Jongin sighed and shook his head before picking up his phone.

"What," he carelessly answered, lifting his feet onto the table. He twirled a pen in his hand.

"Get your over here right now," the man on the other line said. Jongin scoffed.

"Where?" he asked.

"To the street festival a couple blocks down. You know where it is right?" Jongin nodded and pouted his lips, remaining silent. "I take that as a yes. You better be here in less than 10 or I'll fire you." Jongin jumped out of his chair and grabbed his keys and coat.

"Yes, lieutenant," Jongin answered as he walked out of his office and down to the garage. The lieutenant laughed.

"Adda, boy."

~~~

"," Jongin cursed as he realized that he had just drove into traffic. He ruffled his hair roughly and decided to call Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was Jongin's best friend. They've known each other for years, and even though he was a couple years older than Jongin himself, they still talked and acted as if they were the same age.

"Yo," he answered. Jongin sighed and looked out his window.

"Are you at the scene?" he asked.

"Yeah, man this is crazy."

"Really? What's the story?" Jongin swerved into the lane on his right and recieved a long honk from the car behind him. " you," he mumbled angrily.

"There was a shooting. Three people were shot." Jongin nodded.

"The usual . Who are the victims?" Jongin asked impatiently. The traffic began to clear and Jongin let go a sigh of relief.

"Oh Sehun, Kim Junmyeon, and..." There was a hint of regret and sorrow in Kyungsoo's voice.

"Who's the third person?" Jongin questioned. Kyungsoo sighed and Jongin swore he heard him say sorry.

"Kim Hana." Jongin dropped his phone and stepped on the gas pedal.

~~~

Jongin immediately stepped out of his car as he arrived at the scene. He slammed the car door and stormed off to the area of the shooting, shoving past officers and people who were curiously looking to see what had happened. He angrily ripped the yellow "Caution" tape as he made his way through and scanned the scene, looking for his sister. Baskets and bags of goods were everywhere. It was a mess. Jongin turned in all directions and his heart beat increased as fear continued to grow under his skin. And then he found her. Jongin ran towards a group of men zipping up a black body bag. He pushed them aside and slowly ped it, then fell onto his knees as he saw what was in it.

"H-Hana.." he mumbled through silent tears. The agonizing pain in Jongin's chest was nothing like he had ever felt before. He put his hand on her cheek, her porcelein skin stained from blood, her body, now stiff, was as pale as ever. Her eyes were wide from fear. Jongin placed his hands on either side of her face and shook her.

"Hana.. You're alive right," the tears wouldn't stop now. "TELL ME YOU'RE ALIVE. SLAP ME. PUNCH ME. BLINK. DO SOMETHING. PLEASE," he screamed. But she didn't. Hana stared ahead, up at the clear blue sky as if she knew that was where she was going to go. Jongin clenched his fists and screamed as he punched the ground. The memories that Jongin had shared with his sister replayed in his head, and it only made his heart much hurt more than it already did.

The men around him turned their heads away as if they were hurt too.

"Jongin.." Kyungsoo put his hand on Jongin's back, trying to calm him down. "Jongin please step back they have to take her away now." Jongin shook his head as he wiped away his tears and held onto Hana's arm.

"Look at her Kyungsoo.. She was so scared.. And I wasn't here to defend her," he said, moving the hair from her face. Jongin placed his hands over Hana's eyes and closed them. He zipped up the bag, fighting every muscle in his body to be able to do it. Kyungsoo helped Jongin stand as the men placed Hana onto the roller and took her away.

"Officer Jongin.. You can take a break," said the lieutenant from behind them. "Officer Kyungsoo, drive him home and stay with him to make sure he doesn't do anything. " Kyungsoo nodded and assisted his best friend as they walked to his car.

~~~

Jongin continuously mumbled his sister's name as he stared at nothing. It was the first time Kyungsoo had ever seen him so powerless before, so vulnerable. There were no other emotions and feelings in Jongin's body except for pain and regret. Kyungsoo made him a cup of tea to help him relax, but he wouldn't drink it. After a couple minutes of silence, Jongin's head perked up and he looked at Kyungsoo with fiery determination in his eyes.

"Kyungsoo," said Jongin with revenge burning off the tip of his tongue. Kyungsoo looked at him with his owl eyes.

"Hmm?"

"I'll find him," Jongin smirked and chuckled evilly, then returned to his straight face. "I'll find him and make him pay for what he's done. I'll get my revenge."