chapter one

Belonging to One Another » ( apply closed )

» ( chapter one ) — ☆

 
 
 
 

day one in hell

“This is going to be great!” Minwoo spat out sarcastically as his parents drove him to school. “Oh, yeah, just going to a brand new school because zit-city over here can’t control !”

“Well, sorry, mister popularity!” Chaemi shot back in annoyance. “Sorry I can’t be as cool as you!”

Minwoo scoffed. “Ha! You wish you could be half as cool as I am!”

“That’s it!”

Without warning, Chaemi launched herself at Minwoo, smacking him everywhere she could reach without having to undo her seatbelt. Minwoo fought back, of course, defending himself as much as he could against his sister. Donghae glanced at them through the rear-view mirror, and nudged his wife to take action.

“Stop it, you two!” Jessica yelled from the front seat. “Stop it! I said stop!” She turned around in her seat and reached over to the fighting twins, separating them. “Chaemi, get your hands off of your brother! Minwoo, cut it out!”

With a huff, Chaemi settled back in her seat while Minwoo gave her a sideways glare, smoothing down his hair.

“Aish, you two are going to ruin your uniforms at the rate,” Jessica sighed, turning to face forward again.

“Tell me again, why we have uniforms?” Minwoo asked, his eyebrow raised.

“It’s a school rule, Minwoo,” Donghae said.

“But it stifles my fashion sense!”

“If you ask me, it’s better that way,” Chaemi muttered.

Minwoo scoffed and rolled his eyes as he leaned on his arm and looked out the window. Chaemi crossed her arms and did the same. Donghae just glanced at the two and sighed. The twins could never really get along, and fought a lot. Even though they were siblings, they were more like rivals, in a sense. Soon, Donghae stopped the car in front of the school, and the twins started getting off.

“Now Chaemi,” Jessica said as they were hopping off the car, “remember to control what you say. And Minwoo… just don’t do something you’re going to regret.”

Minwoo gave an impish smile as he looked up towards his mother. “I regret nothing.”

Jessica rolled her eyes as Minwoo chuckled. Donghae also spoke.

“And Chaemi, don’t let any boys flirt with you, understand? I don’t want to come home and have Minwoo tell me about how you and some other boy were flirting.”

Chaemi sighed. “I don’t flirt with boys, appa. Flirting is gross.”

Donghae smiled. “That’s the spirit! Have a good day, you two!”

Heaving their backpacks onto their shoulders, the two waved their parents good-bye as they drove away.

“Well, this is about as good as our day is going to get so we better make the most of it,” Chaemi stated.

Minwoo scoffed as they entered through the door. “Man, this school is so… fancy. Remind me why mom and dad chose this place, again?”

“They’re supposed to be more open about personality and some crazy stuff. I think it’s all a bluff.”

Chaemi smirked. “You’d better hope so.”

The two made their way through the hallways, not noticing the strange looks the other kids gave them. As soon as they made it to their classroom Donghyun, who smiled at them, greeted them.

“Glad to see more faces showing up!” he grinned, patting their backs. “There’s a seating chart up front, so go find your spots, okay?”

The nodded as they read the chart.

“Excited for your first?” Donghyun asked with a grin.

Minwoo gave a short laugh. “Define ‘excited’,” he replied.

Donghyun laughed and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Okay, I get it –- I wouldn’t exactly be too excited to switch schools, either.”

Chaemi looked up with a raised eyebrow. “You mean… you actually get it? As in, you understand what we’re saying?”

“Of course –- wouldn’t I?”

The twins just glanced at each other with a quizzical look before finding their seats. Chaemi sat down next to a girl with deep brown hair and blonde tips. The girl glanced at her, the lollipop in .

“So,” the girl spoke up, “were you forced here, too?”

Chaemi smirked. “Sure as hell I was forced here. You?”

“Same.” She stuck out her hand. “I’m Xiaoyi, by the way. Wu Xiaoyi.”

“Han Chaemi, at your service,” she smiled.

Xiaoyi smirked. “Well, let’s enjoy our stay at South Star together, then.”

Chaemi scoffed. “More like hell.”

 

 

 

 

“Have a nice day today, Jay,” Gina smiled as she pecked her son’s cheek.

Jayden smoothed down his deep red blazer and just looked at her with a pout. “Are you sure that transferring is absolutely necessary?”

Gina just laughed and kissed his cheek again. “I’ll pick you up later today, alright? And maybe afterwards we can go to the mall.”

Jayden smiled slightly, and just kissed his mom’s cheek. “Okay. I’ll see you later, mom.”

“Bye, Jay~!” she called as she drove away.

Sighing, Jayden turned to face the academy. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to attend –- no, he was okay with attending. It was just the fact that it was a new environment with new people.  It was hard enough attempting to fit in at his old school, and coming to this new one would make it harder.

From his left, he heard speaking voices.

“Yah, Jaehyun-ah, don’t do anything stupid on the first day, okay?”

“How about tomorrow, then?”

Turning around once more, Jayden spotted another male exiting from a car, speaking to his parents through a rolled down window. He had a playful smile and a childish light in his eyes.

“Jaehyun, just try not to get sent to the principal, again,” his mother spoke.

Jaehyun smiled, his eyes forming crescents. “Umma, I’m not going to be that bad on the first day -- you know that!”

“It’s not today I’m worried about,” Dara said, “it’s the rest of the school year. Jae, this is an academy, so try not to make it too hard for the staff here, okay? Please?”

Jaehyun grinned. “I’ll try, umma –- but I’m not going to make any promises.”

From the driver’s seat, Jiyong let out a laugh. “That’s my boy! Now go and face the school like a man!”

Jaehyun gave him a fist bump and repeated strongly, “Like a man! Imma be going–-”

“Do not start more impromptu rapping, you two,” Dara sighed, but with a smile. “Aish, you two are seriously father and son.”

Jaehyun just laughed as he waved to them and turned to head into the school. But as he turned, he noticed a boy with blonde-brown hair looking at him. The boy glanced away and continued into the school. Curious as ever, Jaehyun ran after him, catching up quickly. He placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. The boy turned around, a curious glint in his eyes also.

“Hey,” Jaehyun started.

“Um… hi?”

Jaehyun gave the boy a once over –- he was around his height, which was cool. He had a playful and immature sparkle in his eyes, which was good news to Jaehyun.

“I’m Kwon Jaehyun,” he said.

The other boy gave an impish smile. “Choi Jayden. Nice to meet you, Kwon Jaehyun.”

“I could say the same about you.”

“So… how old are you?” Jayden started awkwardly. To be quite honest, it was his first time being approached by someone so friendly and outgoing.

The two began walking together. “I’m seventeen,” Jaehyun replied. “Soon to be eighteen in March!”

Jayden laughed. “March is still so far away!”

“Well, it gets closer by the second, doesn’t it? How old are you?”

“I’ll be eighteen in July.”

“July? That makes me your hyung!” Jaehyun said ecstatically.

“Hyung?” Jayden laughed. “Wouldn’t we just be friends if we’re the same age, though?”

Jaehyun shrugged. “Well, I’ll still consider you my doengsaeng.”

Jayden laughed again. “Okay then, Jaehyun-hyung.”

The two walked through the halls together, their curious friendship blooming. They talked about funny incidents and shared jokes. They laughed like they were good friends, when all that had happened was that Jayden was sparing him a glance, and a curious Jaehyun went and introduced himself.

That was all that happened.

And yet, something just clicked between the two. It was kind of weird how well they got along, actually. It was like fate was just waiting for them to meet before exploding friendship all over them. The two walked up to the same door, a spark of interest rising in Jayden’s eyes.

“You’re in the new homeroom, too?”

“Yup. Forced by my parents to this hell hole, of course, but, I can always make the most of it,” Jaehyun said with a childish wink.

Jayden laughed. “Tell me about it.”

The two entered together, being greeted casually by Donghyun.

“Hello, you two,” he waved, beckoning them to come to his desk. “Nice to see smiles on the first day.”

“Wish I could say the same about being here,” Jaehyun chuckled.

Donghyun laughed and just shook his head. “Kids these days. Well, the seating chart is right there, so go ahead and find your seat and once everyone arrives, we’ll start classes.”

The two boys nodded. The glanced over the seating chart, finding their names quickly.

“Darn, we don’t sit near each other,” Jayden sighed.

Jaehyun shrugged. “Oh man! That blows. Who are you sitting next to?”

“Some kids named Kim Seohyun and Han Chaemi. You?”

Jaehyun glanced down at the seating chart once again. “I’m in between Moon Hara and Nam Jandi.”

They gave each other a small fist bump before departing to their seats. And as the chart instructed, Jaehyun took a seat next to a shorter girl who he assumed was Moon Hara.

Hara sat in her seat, almost buzzing with excitement. The night before, she had ironed her red and gold plaid skirt twice, her white polo once and her deep red blazer at least three times. She was primped and ready to go early in the morning, barely being able to sit still in the car as her parents drove her here.

And now here she was.

Finally sitting at the plastic wood grain desk and finally being able to start anew. She was practically overjoyed to be here and was sitting on the edge of her seat, waiting for classes to start. But of course, she had to wait till the seats were filled and the bell rang.

Suddenly, a person almost as small as her sat down in the seat next to her, his bleached blonde hair immediately catching her attention. Next to her was a doll-like looking boy with smooth skin and big eyes. He looked attentive as he placed his pastel pink backpack next to his seat. He took out his Pororo themed pencil bag and set it on the side of his desk.

“Oh…” Hara swooned, effectively falling under the cuteness spell of Pororo.

The blonde boy smiled. “Do you like Pororo?” he asked with an eye-smile.

She nodded a bit shyly. “I like cute things and Pororo’s really cute,” she said, smiling.

“I like cute things, too!” he smiled. He his hand out. “I’m Hwang Hyunri!”

She smiled. “I’m Moon Hara!”

“Nice to meet you Hara!” Hyunri grinned.

“You, too!”

The two continued to chatter about whatever crossed their minds -- but it was mostly about Pororo and Rilakkuma and other cute things. Soon, three more students entered the classroom, also greeted by Donghyun in a very friendly manner.

“Annyeong-haseyo, seonsengnim,” Seohyun smiled as she bowed slightly.

Having made her father promise that this was the last school she would have to transfer to, she made it her goal to make sure that she was going to be a lot more friendly and talk more. The main reason she didn’t speak much at her old school was because whenever she got to know someone really well, she would end up leaving him or her. And now since this would be her last transfer, she decided to open up again.

“Hey there,” Donghyun smiled, patting her back. “No need to be so formal! I’m the youngest teacher here, so feel free to speak to me a bit less formally. Go and find your seat, okay?”

Seohyun smiled and bowed again as she went to go find her seat. She sat next to a pretty looking girl with hair shorter than hers. Taking a shallow breath, she turned to her.

“Hi,” she said, a bit nervous.

The girl smiled back. “Hi! Looks like we’ll be sitting next to each other, huh?”

Seohyun nodded. “Yeah, uh… I’m Kim Seohyun,” she said, holding out her hand. To be honest, Seohyun had never felt so nervous talking to another person in her life. Well, not in a casual manner, anyways. She was always used to talking with other actors or actresses in her musicals.

The girl grasped her hand a light smile. “I’m Nam Jandi. It’s a pleasure to meet you!”

Seohyun secretly let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. “You, too! I-It’s very nice to meet you.” Feeling a bit more comfortable, she started speaking a bit more. “So,” she began, “what are you interested in?”

Jandi smiled. “I’m actually really interested in the theater department.”

Seohyun’s eyes lit up. “Really? Me, too! I love musicals!”

“I just really love acting,” Jandi said. “But musicals aren’t too bad, either. I’ve always wanted to try one.”

Seohyun said, “They’re a lot of fun. Singing and dancing on stage with so many other people is really fun to do. Do you know what musical they’re doing this year?”

Jandi thought for a little bit. “When I went to their Open House, they said they’d be doing the Phantom of the Opera.”

“Oh, I’ve always wanted to try and get a part in that. It has such great musical numbers!”

Jandi nodded. “I definitely agree there. My parents both like singing, and my Woohyun-appa always breaks out into Phantom of the Opera songs just to annoy my other appa.”

Seohyun nodded, listening excitedly. The first day was pretty good for her –- after all, she had just made a new friend.

 

 

 

 

Kim Jaesun and Choi Mina stood next to each other awkwardly as Donghyun spoke with them.

“I hope you two enjoy yourselves today, alright?” Donghyun spoke softly, getting the feeling that these two were more of the soft-spoken type.

“Yes, sir,” Mina said softly with a smile, while Jaesun just barely nodded.

The two found their seats quickly, as there were only two seats left anyways. Mina set her book bag down by her chair, patiently waiting for the bell to ring. There were only a few minutes left before the bell anyways.

“Ugh, this place is hell,” a voice beside her muttered.

She turned her head in surprise, to be faced with a boy with brown dyed hair. The boy glanced at her, realizing he had said what he was thinking out loud.

“Oh,” he said, surprised, “I’m sorry! I-I didn’t realize that--”

“It’s alright,” Mina giggled, laughing at his shocked face. “I’m guessing your parents forced you here, huh?”

He nodded with a grimace. He sighed, his chin in his hand. “Did your parents force you here?”

Mina nodded hesitantly. “Yeah, but… I don’t think it’s so bad. It’s better than my old school.”

He shrugged. “I guess it’s a good school. I’m Han Minwoo, by the way,” he said, sticking his hand out.

She gave his hand a firm grasp. “Choi Mina.”

“Nice meeting you,” he said with a small smile. “I just wish they were under better circumstances.”

Mina shrugged slightly, her eyes on her desk. “I don’t think this school’s that bad.”

Minwoo let out a light scoff. “I hope you’re right.”

Jaesun took his seat behind the chatting duo, just waiting for time to pass. There wasn’t much to do, as class was starting in a few minutes. He played with a cat plushie key chain on his backpack, sighing deeply. It was a bit boring, being here, honestly. He didn’t exactly plan on talking to people, since he was more of the quiet type.

He placed his green backpack on the floor, and took off his shoulder bag as well. The small shoulder bag he wore carried, not books, but his Canon camera. Being a big fan of photography, he loved taking pictures. He took out the big black camera, playing around with the settings before snapping a quick picture of the whole classroom from his seat. He sighed quietly –- the lighting was bad.

The bell rang loudly, signaling the beginning of classes.

All of the students gradually quieted down as Donghyun stood in front of the class with his ever-present grin on his face. They straightened themselves forward, their eyes attentive.

“Welcome to your first day at South Star,” he announced. “It’s time to start the day.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
quinnie has arrived!

YAY! So, first chapter is finally up~!!! I hope you like it! It took me quite a while, since I
had to figure out what was 
going to happen and all that. lol DIFFERENT FORMAT! YAY!

Friendships begin! Even though it's just the first chapter, they're making friends already! ^^
Aw, isn't that great? And 
GAISE -- just to let you know, [as I said at the end of the "questionnaire"]
friend and
love choices may or may not be applied and I might have to move things around in order to
make things work >< AND ALSO if a couple gets together, it doesn't mean they'll stay together the
whole time! They can 
break up, too! So, I apologize if I create an OTP or something and then rip them
apart. BUT it won't ALWAYS, happen~! Just 
saying! xD So, just remember to stay flexible, kay? ^^

Don't get too mad or upset if someone you want to befriend doesn't... uh, get befriended? XD lol, gaise everyone
made friends except for 
Jaesun xD !!! LOL ~I'M A LONER~*runs away singing*

-*- oh, yeah and Yii also left a note last chapter just so you know!
Check it out, yeah? OFF TO WRITE MORE 
FRIENDSHIP ACTION!!!

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
why hello there; yii

 I'm not as late as I was before! xD hehehe~

Well; clearly, we have some pretty kickass friendships building up! ^^ you guys love it; I know~ heeheheh~

and hey guys~ ^^ wanna know a secret?~ i'm going to start being here
a little bit more~ and quinnie doesn't know

SO YOUR CHAPTERS AND STUFF ARE GONNA GET CRACKIER =3 Because what is crack without me?
hehe~ nothing; exactly~
 /nods 
/slapped <3

love you~

p.s. omg guys; don't call me author-nim ;A; /forever editing update formats