Christmas Spirit

Drabbles for the Shippers

 

Drabble- G
Kid AU
Kyumin

Today was Christmas Eve. Kyuhyun, being the pessimistic child he was, hated today. His face showed a scowl as he walked along the snowy path, clutching his mother’s arm tightly.
“Kyuhyun lighten up, it’s Christmas Eve!” His expression didn’t change one bit, as he quickly wrapped his black wool scarf around his neck.
“I don’t like Christmas.” His mother huffed and shook her head.
“What if I take you to Sungminnie’s house? He’ll be glad to see you.” Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up and he raised his head to meet his mother’s smile.
“Really?” His mother nodded and smiled when her son had the goofiest grin on his face. “I need to get Minnie a present then!” Tugging impatiently, he ran off to the toy aisle of the department store.
“Calm down honey!” Kyuhyun forced a pout and stopped directly at one of the displays. “Umma! This one!” He pointed at a velvet pink bunny with big floppy ears and a button-nose.
“Arasso.” Kyuhyun beamed with pride as his mother paid for the toy.
He tightened his puffy coat and scowled at the hat that was now draping on his head. Brushing the santa hat off of his chestnut locks, the young boy huffed and tiptoed to ring the doorbell.
“Kyuhyunnie!” The door opened to a cheery Sungmin, who was still dressed in pink pajamas. He hugged the younger boy, who was trying to hide the pink tinting his cheeks at the moment.
“Umma told me you were coming, so she helped me make cookies for you! Come in!”
Kyuhyun followed the boy in coming into a christmas decorated room. If it wasn’t for Sungmin being there, Kyuhyun would have scowled and stomped out of the room like the brat he was. He held his composture, breathing slowly and sitting down with his best friend. Sungmin returned back with some gingerbread cookies and milk. Kyuhyun took them and nibbled on it quietly to please the other boy.
“Kyu, what’s that in your hand?” He pointed to the silver box that the younger boy held within his arm.
“I got you a Christmas present.” He shyly handed the present over, the first time Cho Kyuhyun had ever been shy within his 7 years of life.
“Really? Because I got you one too!” He blinked as the other boy reached on a high shelf, trying to reach a box with gold wrapping on it.
“Min, I got it.” He reached the box with ease, grinning when the other boy pouted. “That’s so cute.” He poked Sungmin’s cheek and sat back down, rattling the box.
He neatly ripped the paper and widened his eyes when he pulled out the new edition of starcraft. “You got me starcraft?” With a wide grin on his face, he hugged Sungmin tightly.
“I knew you would like it.” He opened his box next and grinned when he pulled out the bunny. “He’s adorable! Thank you Kyu!” He hugged the bunny tightly, which made Kyuhyun smile. He then leaned over and pecked Sungmin’s lips, startling the boy.
“What was that?” He hid his blush by covering his face.
“Mistletoe.” Kyuhyun had a playful smirk as he pointed up to the hanging green leaf.
“Kyu?”
“Hm?”
“Can you kiss me again?”