Departing

Love, the Only Thing I Don't Know About

It was 7:00 am and I went over to see Kathy so I could see if she was ready. I knocked the door and to my surprise Kathy was actually awake.
“AUTUMN COME IN, I CAN’T WAIT TO GO TO KOREA!”Kathy said
I yawned then said,” Let’s see if you have everything ready for our trip.”
After about 30 minutes she had everything. Then she remembered.
“Autumn, wait, I forgot something!”Kathy said urgently
She went to her room as fast as she could and came back. She brought a picture of her family and her dead brother. He died from a car accident.
“Are we ready now?” I said sarcastically
She fake laughed and said “OK! Let’s go to your house!”
On our way to my house we started to talk about how the school would be like.
“I bet is it so big that the whole state could fit in it!”Kathy said
“I really don’t think so, they told me they taught elementary kids all the way to college students.” I said
“WOW THAT’S AMAZING! I wonder if they are any cute guys there!” Kathy said with enthusiasm.
“Remember Kathy you are going there not just because I asked you, you are also going there for your education. DON’T YOU FORGET THAT KATHY KIM!” I said seriously
“Ok dang can’t a girl imagine!”She said a little mad.
“Sorry I’m just really nervous about Seoul University I hear that all the kids there are so smart I just don’t think I can reach the standards.”
The all of the sudden Kathy punched you playfully.
“Hey what was that for?”I said a little irritated.
“YOU SHOULDN’T BE THE ONE WORRIED I SHOULD! I’M THE ONE WITH THE 3.8 AVERAGE!”
“You’re right, sorry about that Kathy, oh were here.”I said happily.
When we were at my house it was 8:30. Kathy and I checked for everything. Kathy and I checked it like 300 times and we said ok.
By the time we were done it was 10:00. We went around and said good bye to all of our friends and they started crying. Kathy started crying too but I couldn’t because I was considered the strong one who didn’t cry. So I didn’t we asked them if they wanted anything from Korea and then they immediately started listing things.
Jenifer said “SHOES!”
Emma said “JEWLERY!”
Moniqua said “CLOTH!”
Most of the other girls wanted what the first three said but then everyone started laughing after what the Kimberly said.
Kimberly said “A RICH, HOT BOYFRIEND!”
After everyone was done we went to the mall to get some shampoo, soap and lotion.
By then it was 1:30 and we had to leave so we said good bye to our parents. Kathy started to cry when she said good bye to her parents.
“Umma, appa (*sniff) I want to tell you I’m going to miss you so much. If you need me just call I will be here in a wink!” Kathy said crying
“Oh my little girl I want you to promise me that you will stay safe and if you get hurt call me and your umma, ok?” Kathy’s dad said
Kathy nodded because she was so sad and couldn’t speak.
When we went to my house I almost cried but my father taught me to stay strong so I did.
“Umma, appa, I want you to always be there if you need me I love you and I will miss you so much. Don’t worry I won’t disappoint you.”
My mother said “Watch out for anyone who wants to hurt you and if they do call us ok?”
“Ok” I said. I was about to cry but my dad said “I want my to see my little girl when she leave on the airplane is that ok with you?” he said
I said “There is nothing in the world that can stop me from saying yes. Umma can you come to the airport too?” She nodded her head
Then I said “Mr. and Mrs. Kim you can come too.”
They were so happy they got in the car and honked their horns. We started to laugh.
Kathy rode with her parents and I rode with mine. By the time we got there and passed thru the gate, Kathy and I said at the same time “I love you guys!” then we were off to Seoul.
The plane ride was so long that I couldn’t bare it since it was a one way trip. Kathy and I were talking to each other and then it was night. Kathy fell right to sleep but I couldn’t. I was wondering where we would sleep since none of my relatives or Kathy’s relative lived near the school. My wondering put me to sleep but as soon as fell asleep Kathy woke me up because it was morning. Then I told her to leave me alone because I didn’t sleep last night and she started to laugh. I had a good 12 hours of sleep when Kathy woke me up.
“Autumn we’re here!”Kathy said in excitement.
I looked out the window and saw that we just landed and people were getting off of the plane.
“Are you ready for our new life at Seoul University?”I asked nervously
“YA! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SCHOOL!”Kathy said in excitement
When we were at the front of the airport we didn’t know who was supposed to pick us up. Then all of a sudden we saw a woman with a poster that said our names.
We walk up to her and she asked “Are you Ju Eun and Kathy?”
We nodded our heads and she said” Wonderful! Our limousine is waiting for us.”
Kathy and I looked at each other and at the same time we said, “LIMOUSLINE?”
The lady laughed and said, “Of course! Seoul University is one of the richest schools in Korea did I forget to mention that?
We shook our head to say no.
She led us to the limo and she sat in back and introduced herself.
“Hi I’m Choi BoA. I’m the daughter of the people who own the school.” “We are very excited for you and your friend to attend our school.”
All I could think of was how pretty she was. She had long brown hair, a nice figure and over all she had a wonderful personality.
“Oh hey sleepy head, you’re awake.” BoA said
Kathy said “While I was talking to BoA I guess you fell asleep.”
I started to laugh and they laughed too.
All of a sudden BoA said “Hey guys, welcome to Seoul University!”
Kathy and I were awed and couldn’t believe our eyes!
________________________________________________________________
Dear Reader hope you enjoyed that chapter! Please comment to I know how you like it ^^