Sleeping

Sleeping

Lee Taeil came home late that night, after spending hours at work. He was exhausted and longing to fall asleep in his boyfriend, Jihoon’s arms. Since it was late he knew that Jihoon would probably already be sleeping, as he didn’t like to stay up late waiting for Taeil. Taeil cleaned a little bit around the house first, quietly singing to himself. He then finished with brushing his teeth and went into the bedroom. Jihoon was lying on the bed, fast asleep. Taeil could hear his heavy breathing while he found a t-shirt and some shorts to put on for bedtime. He changed into the fresh clothes and went over to the bed, ready to lie down. He stopped at the end of the bed, looking at Jihoon. Taeil’s mind would always spin into frenzy when he saw his better half’s face. He stood for a long time admiring Jihoon’s sleeping face until he finally laid down. From this angle more magnificent features of the man’s face became apparent to Taeil. Jihoon slept with a slight smile curled gently at his lips, and a tiny dimple was visible only as near as he was now. Taeil saw the scar above his upper lip, and followed the lines of his lips to the maknae’s philtrum with his index finger. Every bow and every crease on Jihoon’s face was as gentle as the sweetest poetry. Taeil continued to trace his finger across Jihoon’s face. First gently up the rounded tip of his nose and further along the bridge of his nose. His finger reached the eyebrows that gently curved around Jihoon’s now closed eyes. Taeil’s favorite part of Jihoon was his eyes. To some they might not seem special, but when you had seen them burn with passion, sting with tears and glow with pride Taeil knew that everyone would love those eyes as much as he did. It was through his eyes Jihoon’s soul radiated so strongly from, and Taeil had learned what every single expression meant. He continued his exploration of the sleeping face, by carefully sliding his finger down and around to the ear. Even Jihoon’s ears were beautiful. He wondered how this was possible for a while, how someone could be so perfect down to the last detail. His finger was lead down to Jihoon’s jaw, he caressed his cheek with the back of his hand while still looking over every millimeter of the face. Taeil wanted to know everything about Jihoon, including every freckle and every scar on his entire body. He wanted to learn every bump and every groove of his body so well that he could recreate it on paper with a blindfold on. His finger unconsciously continued down to Jihoon’s neck, feeling the skin underneath his finger was like touching something out of this world. It could not be compared to any fabric or surface Taeil had ever felt. Taeil was learning what he had been suspecting this entire time. Jihoon was not and could not be of this world. Jihoon was divine, he was without any flaw. He was simply perfect.