Day 2

41 Days

(Please read A/N at the end! IT's IMPORTANT!!!!)

You opened your eyes and saw Sunggyu looking at you. “What did you wish for?” you blushed. “Er…nothing!” He wriggled his eyebrows. “Something embarrassing huh? partner? Or a boyfriend?” You blushed harder and frowned. “How…did you know?” He smirked. “I can tell…..you are as open as a book….”

“Really?” He nodded. You’re NOT as open as a book, Hyemi….it was just a guess… you looked at him. “Can you get the plates from the kitchen? And spoons? Oh! And I have champagne in the fridge.” He nodded and looked behind him. The kitchen was visible. You saw him enter and search around for the stuff.

You sighed. It suddenly got awkward for you. You sighed when you saw he was going to take some time coming back. You quickly patted your burning cheeks and closed your eyes to calm yourself down. “Are you having a seizure?” You jumped when you heard a voice. You opened your eyes to see Sunggyu just in front of you. You gasped and stumbled back a couple of steps and lost your balance.

Sunggyu jerked forward and caught your body. You both stared at each other. He cleared his throat and let you go. You blushed for the third time and mumbled a ‘thanks’. He pointed to the plates and spoons on the table. You both, without a word, headed towards the table. You sat down across him. “Oh! Hyemi, by the way, I’m curious, where is your family?” you stiffened at the mention of your parents. “I moved out last year…..”

 His eyebrows furrowed. Wait for it….. You thought and waited for the question everyone asked: ‘Isn’t it too young for you to move out?’ But it never came. “I’m happy for you….I can tell that your past with your family hasn’t been very good….”  He said looking into your eyes.  You darted your eyes away feeling like he just tore away one layer of your shell.

“How….do you know?” “I told you…..you are like an open book to me!” He said. “And I ask again…..really?” you asked impressed that he could tell whatever you felt. “Nope. You stiffened and your whole body language changed when I said the word ‘family’.” You were even more impressed that he took notice of things like body language.  “You are really good…..” you muttered.

“Let’s eat now….” You smiled at his straight-forwardness. “OKAY!” you beamed at him. You both chatted a bit more and ate the cake. In the middle, sometime, you even made both of you some coffee. Now your eyes lowered slightly and you heard Sunggyu chuckle. “You’re sleepy….” You looked at him.

“Hmph! That wasn’t reading my expression or body language or whatever! It was just because you saw me close my eyes a little!” You stuck your tongue out. “Isn’t eye part of your body?” you looked at him confused. “They are….your point?”

“So….that means I AM reading your BODY language…” your eyes widened. He WAS good. You just huffed and he stood up. “You should go to sleep now. I’m going as well….” You panicked. You didn’t want him to go. It sounded weird but he was a person who made you happy today.

You looked at the clock. “It’s five am now! You can’t go now…you should stay here…” he almost shook his head but nodded when you said “Its Sunday tomorrow…today…” He sighed. He didn’t care about work. He didn’t even know if he had any. He was worried that maybe Dongwoo will freak out again.

You pouted and he just couldn’t resist it. He texted Dongwoo telling him he was at his friend’s house and he was staying the night…well morning. You took some pillows out and a blanket and started to put it on the couch. Your apartment was only one room, a kitchen, a bathroom, toilet and a lounge.

 “What are you doing?” you looked up at him. “I only have one bedroom so you can sleep on my bed. I will sleep here!” Sunggyu shook his head. “NO! I’ll-” “NO!” you cut him off. “My house! My rules! I know you are probably going to win this argument with your brain and all but no! PLEASE!” he sighed.

He really didn’t want you to sleep on the couch but he KNEW he couldn’t win this so he sighed in defeat. You jumped up and down. “YAY! I won! For once I WIN! AH!” he smirked. “Don’t gloat about it! Next time, I am sleeping on the couch!” “Hmph! We’ll see!” you pointed to your bedroom. You always kept it clean and tidy. He nodded and said ‘goodnight’ and smiled at you. Your heart flipped suddenly. You blushed and replied with ‘goodnight’ and a smile as well. He opened the door and closed it.

You sighed and lay on the couch. It was uncomfortable but you didn’t mind. You lay on it a lot when you couldn’t sleep because you were worried. You would always come out here and lay down. And eventually, you would fall asleep. Right now, you were thinking about Sunggyu when you felt your eyelids droop down. And eventually, you fell in a deep slumber.

*********

You groaned and opened your eyes. You looked around confused. What were you doing in the bedroom? Weren’t you in the lounge room sleeping on the couch? You realised that you heard nothing but silence. You slowly got up and walked out of your bedroom. “Sunggyu?” you called. But there was no answer. You sighed disappointed. He left. Everyone did.

Suddenly you heard jiggle of keys. You turned around and quickly grabbed the nearest item you found. An umbrella. You frowned. What the heck was an umbrella doing here? You shook your head and concentrated on the door. No one except you had keys to your apartment. Not even your so called ‘family’.

That’s why you were scared to death and were hiding behind the door ready to hit the person. Your legs trembled from fear. The door opened and you swung the umbrella with all the force you had. There was a yelp and you looked up, surprised, to see Sunggyu taking a step back just in time to NOT get hit by the umbrella.             

You gulped and immediately dropped the umbrella. “MIANHE! OMO! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know it was you!” you hovered by him asking if he had any injuries. “Thank god I stepped back just in time….” He sighed. “Why did you think it was someone else?” he asked. “Because no one but me has the key to this apartment and I assumed it was a thief or murderer. He chuckled.

“I went out to get take away for breakfast. I know not healthy but it’s alright once in a while. So back to the point, I didn’t want to leave the door open because you were sleeping and I didn’t want anything to happen to you. So, I took your keys and went out.” Tears brimmed around your eyes. Sunggyu noticed that and frowned. He took a step closer to you. “Why are you crying?” a tear escaped. “I thought you left…just like everyone else…” He looked into your eyes and smiled. He moved closer and hugged you.

“Don’t worry…I won’t leave you….I won’t….” you heard it and smiled into the embrace. You closed your eyes and let the rest of the tears of loss come out. He held you the whole time. You were still embracing. “How come I was in the bedroom?” You couldn’t see but Sunggyu blushed. “I er….carried you there.” You were surprised. “Why?” “Because when I got up, I was going to go out and the bed was empty and I didn’t want you have pain in your back or anything….so I carried you there….” You smiled.  You both stepped back from each other.

You saw colour in his cheeks. “Are you blushing?” “Well…..if by that you mean all the blood rushing to my cheeks? Then yes….I am blushing….” You smiled at his use of your words from yesterday. Seeing your face light up, Sunggyu looked at you awed. You were beautiful. He fell in love with you then….on the second day of your meeting…..

This is a tale of a guy who could only live for 41 days and a girl who was about to fall in love in 41 days……..      

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Why no comments?? And thank you to all the subscribers! and readers and if anyone commented! Oh! something important: this is probably my last chapter for the next month or two. that is because holidays are coming and I am leaving somewhere so I won't have time to update and I'm not carrying around my laptop. So unless you cooment or PM me and tell me that you want another chapter before I go, this will be the last. Probably. Then, I'll be back and update and pick up from where I left. Don't you worry guys! I'll try to write chapters manually and save it somewhere so I can come back and update fast. Remember, if you want me to squeeze another chapter in before I go, then please please tell me in a week or so....Or I won't have time..... So, yeah and please don't mind any mistakes in this chapter oh and tell me what you think about this chapter or story alltogether. or how it's going....Enjoy the read! BYE!!!:D ~~~~~