Chapter 11

The Death Games

Chapter 11

I haven't said a word since yesterday's incident. There's nothing for me to say. But there's many things for me to think about. The first one has been troubling me from the moment he gave me that wink and smile. Lee Taemin has no intentions whatsoever to kill me. Or even Seohyun. The second is equally as troubling. Where on earth  or rather, in the arena  is Luhan? Where is he hiding that Seohyun can't find him? There must be some-

"Ow!" I rub my the spot on my forehead which had been banged into a tree. 

"Sooyoung, are you okay?" Seohyun runs up to me and asks.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I grumble irritably. "Why didn't you tell me I was about to bang into a tree?"

"Um, actually, I did." Seohyun says. "What were you thinking so hard about?" Seohyun asks.

"What?"

"You weren't paying attention even though it's right in front of you. Surely you had to be thinking. The only other explanation is that you suddenly turned deaf."

"Well, I was thinking about Taemin..." I purposely left out the part about Luhan. I don't want anymore teasing.

"...And how he's not trying to kill us? I've been thinking about that, too."

"He even saved me."

"He saved you?"

"When Jonghyun was chasing him, he saw me. He could've just ran away and let Jonghyun have me but he didn't. He told me to run. So I guess, in a way, he did save me."

"I wonder why..." Seohyun mumbles. "What are we going to do now?"

"Well... There's no need for us to hunt since we already have enough food. We also have enough water. We don't need to worry about Jonghyun searching for us since his tracking skills are really lousy and without his alliances, he won't go any place that he's not familiar with. I guess the best thing for us to do is to find Luhan." I can see a smirk forming on Seohyun's lips. "What? Don't you want to find our only alliance left?"

Seohyun chuckles lightly. "Okay, okay."

"But the problem is, we don't exactly have and clue where he might be."

"You're right." I can see an idea has formed in Seohyun's head as her eyes widens. "Hey, remember when were at the training center?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"All four of us were at the camoufladge station. And from what I saw, Luhan's pretty good with camoufladging."

"So you're saying that he could be in camoufladge right now?"

"If he is, he could be anywhere."

"Do you think he might've concealed himself?"

"Maybe... But what can he use? There's not exactly paint in the woods."

"Well, there's the possibility of your mentor sending him paint. There's also the possibility that he might've used mud or something."

I shake my head. "Nah... I don't think Leetuek would send something like that. And come on, the idea of smushing mud all over you is kinda...unappealing."

"People here will do anything to survive but I guess you've got a point."

"So let's say he's not concealing himself but he's concealing the place that he's in."

"...A cave. A small one. I recall seeing one down at the lake."

"Well then, what're we waiting for? Let's go!"

As Seohyun and I were about walk towards the direction of the lake, we heard shouts. "S-Sooyoung... W-W-What was t-t-that...?" Seohyun stutters as she hides behind me.

Just as I'm about to say something, I hear three cannons go off. "Seohyun... We have to go now." I take Seohyun's hand and pull her away.

"W-Why?"

"That's got to be Jonghyun!"

"So?"

"So, you heard the shouts! It means that they're not far so we have to move before he gets us!"

"I've finally found you."

Both of us whip our heads around to see Luhan. "L-Luhan!" I shouted happily. I let go of Seohyun's hand and run to hug him. "I've missed you so much!"

"Get off me!" Luhan pushes me away. He glares at me. "How dare you touch me!"

I'm baffled. What's going on with him? "L-Luhan? What are you-"

"Sooyoung." Seohyun whispers behind me. "Blood."

"What?"

"Blood." she repeats and points to the knife Luhan's holding. It's covered with blood.

I realize something bad. "Luhan... You didn't-"

"Yes I did." He smirks evily. "And now, both of you will have your bloods covered on this too." He lunges for Seohyun but I pull her away just in time.

"Luhan! What's gotten into you?!" I can't believe this. Eight days in the arena and he has already become a killer. What happened to the innocent-smiling friend? What happened to the guy who claims that he likes me?

Luhan rolls his eyes. "Get over yourself, Sooyoung. The whole thing about me liking you was just an act to get you to trust me." He's lying. I know he is. That look in his eyes... It's different. I can feel I'm in the presence of my friend even though he said all those things.

"You're lying." He lunges with his knife at me and I dodge it easily. Strange. The way he moves, it almost seems like he's being controlled. But I have no time to think about that. If he's really being controlled, it's dangerous to be around him. "Sorry, Luhan." I apologize and swing a hard punch to his stomach. He lets out a shout of pain and falls to the ground. It's my moment to escape. I grab Seohyun's arm and we dash as quick as we can into the woods.

It calms me a little knowing that, that Luhan just now, was not the true Luhan. So what happened to the real him? I don't know. But what I do know is that it's the work of the Gamemakers.


Hai everyone! How was this chapter? :) Sorry it was short. :/

Day 8 with 14 tributes dead and 18 alive.

Luhan finally appears! He's not a bad guy, by the way. 

Okay, so you guys might be wondering whose three cannon shots that those belong to. So Luhan basically murdered Baekhyun, Chen and Tao. Baekhyun is from Distirct 10. His partner has been killed in the first day so 10 will not have any victors. Chen is from 11. His partner is still surviving. And she's Hyoyeon. So 11 is not out yet. Tao is from District 14. His partner has been killed so 14 is out. So you guys are probably wondering what's happening with Luhan. Well, like Sooyoung said, that was not the true Luhan. She thinks that maybe the Gamemakers are controlling him. But how? And for what reason? The answer to the second question is pretty easy. The first, is somewhat easy to. Sooyoung said "Luhan! What's gotten into you?!" There's your clue.

By the way, didn't you guys notice that Kris and Jessica disappeared for a long time? Their last appearance was on Day 1 and now they're like lost.

Other tributes will appear in this story too. :D

Hope you've enjoyed and don't forget to check out the next chapter when it's been released. ^^

A big thanks to cheeseyplease, DeerKinny, sparklekid for subscribing and purlueable for subscribing and upvoting this story <3