Chapter 21

By the Life of my Enemy

~Changmin POV~

 

I stared at the man kneeling on the floor. Even though I didn’t know what the note said, I guessed it had something to do with Jaejoong, considering everything that had been going on in the past weeks. When Jae told me about his love for his enemy, I was even more surprised than with the YooSu couple. Jaejoong always seemed like someone who would never get work and feelings mixed together, especially not with this kind of job, but I guess these things can happen.

“Yunho-ssi.” Okay, why was I formal? Probably because he seemed like the kind of person who wouldn’t listen unless you gave him a great amount of respect.

When he looked up, there was genuine surprise on his face. “What do you want, agent?”

“To see that paper.” It seemed like he was going to resist or get mad, but to my surprise he just nodded and pushed it in my direction. Without hesitation, I picked it up and read it. At the ending, I stopped and stared at the note.

 

I could have him killed.

 

That line made me understand everything. Why Yunho was still sitting on the floor looking like he just wanted to burst into tears, why he let Jaejoong come back after kidnapping him.

“So now you know,” he said softly.

“You’re still in love with Jaejoong.” It wasn’t a question; I knew the answer.

Yunho nodded anyways. “Once SM found out it was hell.” He laughed emotionlessly. “He kept on telling me that he didn’t care if I liked guys, as long as I didn’t like that guy. Just please don’t tell Jaejoong about this. It’ll be better if we stay apart, and–”

“No,” I stated firmly.

“No?”

“No. I won’t let you do this to Jae. Do you know how ing upset he is because of all this ? No, you don’t, because you don’t know him. Well, let me tell you this. He is the best ing agent out there, and he has full support of everyone in the company. You two can have your happy love life because no one, I repeat, no one can beat us. Not even that SM dude.” I took a deep breath before continuing. “Believe me when I say that we are going to take that man down. If he’s really as horrible as Yoochun says, not everyone in that organization will like him, right? We can get them to rebel. And then you and Jae can do whatever the you want.” I finished my speech and glanced at the older man expectantly. I was glad to see that he regained his posture and a certain spark in his eyes.

“You’re right. Even SM’s son doesn’t like him… I’m sure there’s something we can do.”

I grinned. “Yes, we can. But first, confess to Jaejoong so he doesn’t act like a pregnant woman because it’s annoying me.” I left the cell with a smirk.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

 

I turned around in my bed and tried to get comfortable, but it just didn’t work. I heard Yoochun and Junsu giggle from their room, and it was comforting to know that I wasn’t alone in this apartment. I don’t think I could handle any more loneliness after being rejected by Yunho. But seriously, what did I expect? That he’d immediately be in love with me and we’d live happily ever after surrounded by rainbows and unicorns?

“Pabo Kim Jaejoong,” I huffed and turned around once more. A frown crept on my face when I heard the sound of paper crinkling. “What the…” I slid my hand across the bed and under the pillows until I finally found the source of the noise. I unfolded the note carefully and nearly fell off the bed.

 

Jaejoong… ssi? Jaejoong-ah? I really don’t know what to call you. All I know currently is that I’m sorry. Yes, yes, I know how weird that seems after what I said. But I am truly sorry for hurting you in that way. I don’t know if you’ll even read this, but I have to tell you what is really going on and it feels good to get it off my chest.

When SM found out my feelings for you, he was extremely angry and threatened to kill you if I wouldn’t give up. I didn’t want to put your life at risk, Jaejoong-ah (let’s just stick with that, it makes me feel like we’re closer than we actually are), so I had to give up.

When you fell off that cliff… if you would’ve died I would’ve jumped too. I was so grateful that I managed to save you in the last moment that it really took all my strength not to confess to you there and then. Instead, I told you to blow the mission off because I didn’t know how much longer I could stand being your enemy.

SM told me to go against you once again. I pretended to be fine with it, but it hurt a lot. When you were in my mansion I was so close from walking into your room and kissing you breathless… but I knew I couldn’t. I don’t want you to die, Jaejoong-ah, and this letter is dangerous. However, this Changmin guy visited me today. We talked and came to the conclusion that I shouldn’t push you away. It would hurt both of us even more. He came up with the plan of getting the other members of SM’s organization to rebel and bring him down. I suppose we can try.

I love you.

 

It took a while for my brain to register everything that I read. After staring at the last sentence for around five minutes, I finally understood. Yunho loved me. Loved me. I made a mental note to thank Changmin for his support before my eyes slowly closed and I drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Filler chapter is... yeah. I had to post something because I feel like I'm neglecting you guys a bit :P and once I update this fic I feel like I'm neglecting my other one and then it continues in a neverending circle :P

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIFFFFEEE

I apologize for my awkward Disney references.

... I really have nothing else to say :P

I love you, Pancakes!