Chapter 12

By the Life of my Enemy

~Jaejoong POV~

 

I blinked at the news I had just heard. “You’re a girl?”

“Yep. Never heard of a tomboy before?”

“Sure, but… you’re really good at this whole cross-dressing thing. Hell, I’m an agent and I couldn’t even tell.” I threw my hands up in the air in despair.

Amber just laughed. “You just weren’t paying attention to my gender, probably because you thought it wasn’t that important and stuff.”

“I guess,” I sighed and slumped down on the couch. Amber sat down next to me. The way she sat was not girl-like at all; she had one foot on the floor and the other leg spread over the free parts of the couch.

“So,” she began. “Yoochun is in love with Junsu but Junsu is either confused or homophobic and won’t accept his love. We’re gonna have to change that.”

“Junsu is definitely not homophobic. When Changmin and Karam make out in the middle of the cafeteria he doesn’t move a single muscle.”

“When who and who make out?”

I waved my hand to show that I wasn’t going to talk more about these two. “No one important.”

“Okay,” Amber said slowly.

Before she could continue, Krystal burst into the room. “Jaejoong ssi? My brother wants to talk to you. He’s in his room.”

I nodded, stood up, and walked out the door. I made my way through the foyer, up the stairs, and down a corridor until I reached my enemy’s bedroom. I took a deep breath before knocking twice.

“If you’re Jaejoong, come in. If you’re Krystal, go back to Amber,” came the response from inside.

I pushed the door handle down and stepped inside the room. “You wanted to speak to me?”

Yunho was standing at his window, which was similar to the one in my room; it took up a whole wall. He turned to look at me. “Yes. As you probably heard from Amber, she and my sister made up this couple name for us and are pretending that we are in love.”

I could only nod. Why did the word pretending hurt?

“Don’t let the stuff they say get to your head. You’re my enemy and my prisoner – nothing else. Understood?”

“Of course. Why are you telling me this?” I asked in the calmest voice I could master at the moment.

“Because you were the one having… Rated M fantasies about us.”

“WHAT?!” My voice was so loud that it scared me.

Yunho smirked. “Geng told me about you talking when he was driving you to the waterfall. And then you moaned my name. Say, what exactly were you imagining?”

“I never did anything like that!” I yelled in frustration.

“Just remember one thing, Jaejoong: If you should ever have the urge to fulfill those fantasies of yours, then–”

“Krystal Jung, get your hands off of my boyfriend!” Heechul’s shrieking voice hurt my eardrums.

“You might wanna listen to him, Krys.” Clearly Amber.

“Will you guys shut up, I’m trying to rest over here!” Yoochun called out from his room.

“Like I said, just upset because you can’t have with that agent,” Heechul huffed.

“You know you shouldn’t fall for your enemy, Yoochun oppa!” There was a dead silence after Krystal’s words. Then footsteps that went further away – Hangeng and Heechul had clearly left the scene. After all, they used to be enemies.

I turned back to Yunho. “What were you going to say?” I widened my eyes in surprise when I saw my enemy lying on his bed… sleeping. He looked somewhat innocent, not like the mafia boss he actually was. For some reason, I suddenly had the urge to just crawl onto his bed, lie down next to him, and fall asleep in his arms… I slapped myself. What the hell are you thinking? You’re just affected by what Krystal and Amber were talking about, that’s all. Sighing, I walked back into my own room.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP DENYING YOUR FEELINGS, JAE! YOU LOVE HIM!

What was Yunho going to tell him before he fell asleep? And will KryBer manage to bring both YunJae and YooSu together?

I think I'll start writing the HanChul prequel, and then maybe post it once this story is done. What do you guys think?