~I want to confess~

~Young Love~

Maru ran out of the bathroom, looking for the others. Kangjun cracked a smile when Maru ran into the living room. "Finally going to admit it?" Maru nodded and attempted to catch his breath. All the boys cheered. Many 'ABOUT TIME's rang throughout the room. T.K and Ray pushed Maru out of the room. "Great! Now that you admit it, go confess!" Maru stopped breathing for a second at the word 'confess'.

Confess my love to _____? What are they thinking?! It took me a month to finally realize I'm in love with her and they want me to confess?! Rome wrapped an arm around the maknae's small shoulders. "It'll be fine~ I got this! She is my cousin anyway~" Rome was about to start heading up the stairs when a small hand grabbed his wrist. Looking at the ground, Maru spoke in a tiny voice. "N-no. I'll do it. I have to be the one to do it. It's my love I'm confessing...not yours hyung..." Rome looked at Maru and saw that he was growing up right before his eyes. The boys smiled at the maknae, realizing that this was probably his first big step to adulthood.

The boys were planning on how Maru was supposed to confess for a good week before they finally got it down. They were planning a romantic dinner in the park (the same one that Maru ran countlessly whenever he needed to be alone and think) for the two of you and that would be where Maru would confess his love.

You were working on a lab report when you saw your phone light up, indicating you had a text. You looked at the phone with slight confusion.

 

From: Poker Face Ray-oppa

Hey~ Meet me and the guys at the park near the dorm in two hours. Look nice~

 

What does Ray-oppa mean with look nice? As in dress formally? Probably~ You looked through your closet and picked out your favorite dress that you never got to wear since you arrived in Korea. You took a quick shower, curled your hair slightly and slipped on the dress. You put on your favorite flats that matched the dress perfectly and went out.

You walked around the park, looking for the guys. Now that I think about it, Ray-oppa never told me where exactly to meet them at. All of a sudden you saw lots of lights twinkling near by the big fountain in the middle of the park. Maybe that's where. You walked towards the big fountain and looked around curiously.

"You guys, she's here~" Kangjun warned everyone on the walkie talkie. "Okay everyone! Positions!" Rome leaded the group throughout the whole plan. Maru was standing by the fountain, smiling as he saw your figure start walking towards him. She looks so beautiful tonight.  "______! Over here!" Maru waved you over to the direction where he was standing when he saw you just looking around aimlessly. You smiled and slightly jogged over to where Maru was standing. "Sorry~ Am I late? Ray-oppa didn't tell me where exactly in the park I was supposed to meet you guys. By the way you look amazing~" Maru was in a nice dress shirt and black pants. His hair was au natural but he looked ready for a photo shoot, even though he was just casual. Maru chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "R-really? You look nice too." Maru looked down and started blushing.

"Hey~ Maknae! Be cute some other time~ This night is serious~" Maru heard Kangjun through his little earpiece the guys gave him so they could help keep him calm throughout this night. If it wasn't for the guys hiding in the bushes, Maru would've chickened out and left. No! You have to do this tonight!

You looked around the fountain, trying to find the other guys. "Uhh~ Jaejoon-oppa...where's the others?" Maru's breath hitched when Siwoo started talking in the earpiece. "Just say we went to go get something at the convenience store and we had to leave you there so you wouldn't get mad or scared." Maru cleared his throat. "Uhhh~ They forgot to buy something at the convenience store. We were all going to go, but Barom-hyung said one of us had to stay just in case you came early. He didn't want you to be mad as if we ditched you or got scared because you were going to be alone until we came back, so I stayed back." You smiled and patted his soft hair. "Well then thanks oppa~" You looked around at the twinkling lights that were hanging on the trees' branches. Maru just stared at you in awe. She's so beautiful....Maru was deep in thoughts of you until your voice rang out. "Oppa~ What are we doing here anyway? And how come we're all dressed up?" Maru blinked a few times before responding. "Well~ Taemin-hyung wanted to reenact a dinner scene he saw in some movie, but he wanted all of us to be in on the act instead of just him." You went 'ohhhhhh~' while Siwoo started talking in the earpiece. "Nice save there, but use Ray's name next time." Maru was mentally chuckling as he could hear his hyungs fighting over who's name was going to be used for the next excuse. "Should we wait for them to come back before eating then?" Maru snapped back into reality and looked at you. "Nah~ They're probably going to be there for a while. The minute you put Minwoo-hyung in a convenience store, he will attack the snacks aisle. Barom-hyung and Taemin-hyung are probably yelling at him to put them back at this very moment." You nodded and giggled at the T.K analogy.

Maru leaded you to the other side of the large fountain where there was a small table set for two and a larger table off to the side set for five. "Are we not allowed to eat with the big kids oppa?" You looked up at Maru who was also questioning the tables. "Probably not~" You chuckled and went to the smaller table. Maru was a gentlemen and helped you with your chair. He's so cute~ Maru sat on the opposite end of the table and looked at you. The two of you had a serious staring contest for about a minute before both of you started laughing like idiots.

The two of you were just laughing like idiots the entire time now, "waiting" for the guys to come back. The guys hiding in the bushes decided this would be a good time to change so it looked like they really did go to the store. Suddenly, Maru's voice was heard in the walkie talkie. "Uhhh....______.....I want to confess something. The others stopped what they were doing and just stared at Maru from afar. GO FOR IT MAKNAE!!!