004

Replacement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Replacement

004

Characters: Kai Kyungsoo 

Other main characters: Stranger Luhan Yongguk Himchan

Genre: Romantic

Words: 3,606

Warning: Read the author's note alright?!

 

 

Snuggling

 

 

Sunday morning is where people in the whole wide world would get their time in the morning to drown themselves in their sleep. It was certain as not many of them are awake at this rate of time. Cool breeze warmed up the hot leeched pavements as the sun began to rose slowly shining light around the dark corners.

 

A few birds sang around the residence as they sat on the branches of that old oak tree. Another breeze passed by shaking the thin like branches, magnifying the birds to flew away in an instant in their depths of shockness, like the old folks say, when you sense danger, it is better for you to go away.

 

Nature is beautiful indeed. The colours of green and blue are beautiful. And not mention how the cool breeze of transparent air as you sat on the sandy beach or even in the heavy jungles. Mother Nature will always stay beautiful. Unless you’re wearing a collection of thin clothing line, walking on the streets that its temperature has the same ratio as the so called ‘Skinny dipping in Antarctica’, yeah, Mother Nature is BEAUTIFUL.

 

Even with the sudden drop of temperature around the morning, Kyungsoo was still out to do his usual morning errands; going to the nearest grocery shops. The boy would go and find some snacks or foods to stock up his room supplies, but usually, he would go find suitable items to make out a simple hypothesis out of it (Such as eggs, greeneries etc.), for the research program he have entered in his University.

 

Kyungsoo sneezed a few times as he felt a speck of dust ravelling under his nostrils. He quietly cursed the damp temperature he was in, converting how he would caught a cold sometime later. The boy was too comprehended in his mind to get out of the house and do his errands before anybody awoke from their dreams, especially awaking Kai or his baby sister, MinAh. Hence, he just wore a simple Polo long-sleeved shirt, a pair of blue jeans and his favourite white-blue sneakers. Too oblivious of the temperature outside, he didn’t even glance over his Jackets and scarfs that were hanged near the front door, he shrugged before exiting his house. Well of course he did, he wouldn’t expect on how the outside would have ‘winter’ in the middle of freaking July!

 

Unlike any Asian people, Kyungsoo hated such cold weathers; he hated them since he was a child. We all know how the cold weathers runs around like in Europe, the always low temperature that damps in Europe countries are much more colder than it was in South Korea, but Kyungsoo didn’t care. He hated downward degree temperatures. He hated how his skin would turn pale if he didn’t have any source of heat near him. He hated how he would turn dizzy and faints if his body won’t neutralize around his surroundings, he hates it when cold weathers make him look weak.

 

The boy frowns before kicking small sized pebbles away from his feets as he was walking by. His nose turned red, there’s no doubt about it.

 

His looked up, a smile cracked on top of his face before he ran towards a distance; the small grocery shop that was now in front of him. Finally, he exasperated on the inside.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t wait to feel the heater machine right inside the grocery shop. As he took a baby steps, nearing the place, he stopped on his tracks as he eyed the ahjumma who was sitting in front of the entrance, she smiled at him before waving her hands frantically towards him.

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo-ah, you’re here?” She asks bewildedly as Kyungsoo stepped one foot closer to her. The doe-eyed boy nodded, squeezing his eyes closed with it. The ahjumma nodded.

 

“Aigoo, Kyungsoo-ah, you always come early in the morning, aren’t your parents worried?” She suddenly spoke after speaking down to silence a few minutes ago. Kyungsoo turned to her with a smile on his face, “Aniya, their fine with it.” He replied politely. The ahjumma nodded in response before the atmosphere grew silent again.

 

“Ah, why are you here, Kyungsoo-ah? What are you going to buy today?”

 

Kyungsoo grinned, he poked both of his hands in his jeans pockets and took out a piece of paper from its inside. The paper he took out was the list that he scribbled before he went out of his house. He looked down the paper, his forehead lines straightening as he read them.

 

“Ahjumma, do you have any goat milk?” He asks before raising his head, eyeing the old woman in front of him. She stood there and went off space before snapping out of it.

 

“Aigoo, I don’t have any stocks left. A few girls bought them all yesterday, they say they had to bake something with it,” She explained, punching her own knuckles while speaking.

 

Kyungsoo tried not to frown. He walked almost twenty-two minutes in a freaking cold air, just hoping that one ingredient would be available, but noooo… it just had to be out of stock. And the words spoke by the ahjumma kept repeating itself in his head, who the hell would bake anything using goat milk? Isn’t that a bit weird?

 

The boy sighed softly, trying his best to keep a proper smile on his face before stuffing that one piece of paper back into his jeans. As he was about to turn around, the ahjumma tugged onto his sleeve. “I think there’s a new opened market down street, just a few blocks away, you should try searching it there,” She said before patting the boy’s hand softly.

 

Kyungsoo’s smile lightens up.

 

“Yes, thank you, ahjumma!” He drizzled off before giving a one respectful ninety degree bow before running off to the direction pointed out by that ahjumma. The old woman smiled at the adorable boy before going back into her shop.

 

Replacement

 

“Where is it?” Kyungsoo mumbled off before gushing his eyes, gazing at every single shop that was merely open that moment. He walked a few steps forwards, eyeing the streets again, and looked to his back, thinking he has missed the market that ahjumma told him, he tried to be more focused onto what he was looking or finding at.

 

The boy tippy-toed like a small child behind a tall street-lamp, he almost jumped as he noticed a small market just across the road that was opened. Without thinking about anything, Kyungsoo quickly crossed the road, not eyeing right or left as he did it. He entered the market, greeted by the cashier herself before he made to the refreshments side.

 

His eyes lighten up as he eyed the milks neatly arranged on the milk shelf.

 

“Wah…” He awed, jaws dropped as he drown himself in the milk section. “So many…” He trailed off before eyeing each of the goat milk brands. Too captivated by the bottles of milk, Kyungsoo accidentally bumped into somebody from the front. He blinked in dash before he fell in his bum himself.

 

He thank god as he didn’t hear any crashing sounds of glass near his ears. His eyes shot open as he eyed the male who was also dropped onto his bum in front of him. The boy had this timid looking posture, glaring into Kyungsoo’s.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo stood and bowed as the male in front of him was much taller than him, quickly thinking that the male was older than him.

 

“It’s fine,” The boy groaned heavily before leaning closely to Kyungsoo, the latter looked up in surprise. “Ye—yeah?” He stuttered before he speaks, the male who was leaning into him smiled, “You have dust on your hair,” with that his fingers ticked off the crumpled dust off Kyungsoo’s dark brown hair.

 

Kyungsoo was speechless.

 

The boy stay held in front of Kyungsoo, waiting for the older to response. But when he did, the boy was pushed to the back.

 

“How dare you touch MY HAIR? I FREAKING DID MY HAIR LIKE… two minutes, THAT IS NOT THE CASE RIGHT NOW! MY HAIR IS FREAKING PERFECT! WHY DID YOU TOUCH IT?!” Kyungsoo starts to wail in process, trying his best to ruffle his own hair back to its n0rmal position, not that it did move or anything, the other boy just touched a slight hair of his.

 

Now it was the other boy who was speechless and held a guilty expression on him. He was quieted down before breaking into fits of laughter afterwards. “Wha—“

 

“Because you touched my hair, you have to buy me this goat milk,” Kyungsoo handed the bottle in front of the boy. The other stared at the small bottled that was shoved onto his chest; he looked up and eyed the smaller boy, still processing of what he have just said or maybe have ordered him to do so.

 

“You, want me to buy you this milk?” He asks with a confused expression, pointing one of his indexes to the milk.

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo deadpanned, showing off a tad look, making him look much more serious than he did before. He was trying his best to hide his intentions, that is, he forgot to bring his wallet, and hence, he has no paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter