003

Replacement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Replacement

 

003

Characters: Tiffany Kyungsoo Kai Luhan

Other main characters: MinAh Key Jonghyun

Genre: Romantic, Humour

Words: 4,363

Rating: You have a long way down, thanks to my hyperness :P

 

 

New Friends

 

 

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock.

 

One Two Three Four Five Six Seven.

 

One potato Two potato—

 

Slap!

 

The boy groaned heavily before he cringed in pain. The stinging heat from the back of his head sent flawless signs to his brain that it hurts so much. He tried his best not to yell out loud at the excruciating pain.

 

 

He closed his eyes, wishing the pain to go away. To his prise defence, it didn’t. He sighed before puckering his lips to the front. He gratefully thanked the person who slapped the back of his head in his mind, the pain stinged actually made his mind to cross over the image of Luhan and Kai kissing.

 

.

 

Why did he even think of that again? Now he remembered it back. Think of your happy place, Kyungsoo. Find your happy place.

 

What the hell? There is no happy place! He frowned before slugging his shoulders downwards lazily. Out through his mind, he heard his name being called softly. It was a young woman’s voice. It sounded so familiar. Wait a second, its Tiffany’s voice! His new made friend!

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes flew open and he saw a pretty white skinned girl growing a frown on her face. “Yah! I called you more than ten times already!” She whined before glaring at the younger boy. He quickly bowed a few times before murmuring ‘Sorry’ towards her. The girl shrugged it off as she eyed him intensely. Kyungsoo was slightly taller than her by a few inches, it didn’t make any difference as she was wearing heels at that moment.

 

“Did you sleep while you were standing?” She then asked with a confused look locked on her face. The younger almost muffled a laugh that would sound impolite towards her unless he cleared his throat and pretends his fine. He did the second option.

 

“Nope,” He spoke while popping the ‘P’ word loudly.

 

“Fine, Kyungsoo, mind leading me to your table?” She asked seldomly before swaying the glass of milkshake that was in her hands. Kyungsoo eyed the drink too. “It’s okay I can han—““Nope! It’s the café policy. The waitress or the workers have to serve the customers, now show me your table,” She almost growled while her eyes glared into Kyungsoo’s. He gulped slowly before slumping his shoulders down, again. Looking mostly defeated, he eyed the girl back.

 

“Fine.” He murmured before giving space for Tiffany to walk over.

 

The girl was about to continue to walk before she stopped on her tracks and eyed the scene in front of her. Her jaws dropped before she sighed slowly.

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth, and closed it again as he didn’t know what to say or speak of. He didn’t want her to go out of some intervention about boys-love-boys thing. And he remembered how he told her his stories on his crush on Kai a long time ago.

 

“Look, Tiffany, I know that looks wrong but that—“ Not noticing how the girl’s lips curved into a cheesy smile.

 

 “Finally!” She almost yelled loudly full of joy before clutching onto both of Kyungsoo’s shoulders, her smile actually beaming out sunshine’s. The boy tilts his head to the side with a mixture of shock and confusion on his face. “Finally?” Kyungsoo returned the words with a questioned mark on it. The girl swayed her head to the side and nodded.

 

“It’s been a long time, you know? They’ve been into each other for quite some times now!” She muttered back explaining what she felt with a relief smile stuck on her gorgeous face. Kyungsoo was now disorientated. What was this girl on about? She knew about Kai and Luhan? Hazed in thoughts, Kyungsoo looked much more like the thinker now.

 

“But Tiffany, that’s Kai…” Kyungsoo mumbled off slowly; Tiffany on the other hand had thrown her head back looking quite shocked.

 

“Kai? Your Kai? No, no, Kyungsoo, I was talking about my brother and his crush,” She points her finger towards the same direction Kyungsoo looked at before. “Your brother? What are you talking abo—“He raised an eyebrow as he spoke, not until Tiffany turned the boy heads towards the actual scene she saw just now. The boy’s sentence was cropped away.

 

His jaw dropped as the expression on his face showed pure shockness mixed with a drop of confusion in it.

 

He didn’t know what to do, either slap himself physically or mentally? Okay wait, he would have to choose the second option, he slapped himself mentally. Then he realised something.

 

A tinge of pinkish shade formed on his cheeks as he felt the burning shame in him ignites. He was still dreaming in the daylight, casually smiling like a little girl confronting her long timed crush. Kyungsoo didn’t know what he felt at that time.

 

Ashamed of what he thought of just now? He didn’t know. Or maybe, slightly relieved that Kai and Luhan didn’t kiss?

 

Why should he feel that way? He didn’t have any feelings for Kai whatsoever. Right?

 

Without any of the boy’s conscience or permissions, Tiffany decided to snatch Kyungsoo’s hand and bring him up to her so called brother. She was already irritated at how Kyungsoo was going A-wall out of the sudden. The boy was still dreaming in the daylight, again. While making their way to the couple’s table, Kyungsoo almost tripped over nothing and bumped onto the girl’s back, making the other mumbled series of quiet and censored cursing’s before glaring at the boy.

 

But she was grateful though. That boy finally snapped out into reality, blinking rapidly like a small bunny would.

 

“Awake, now?” She asked full of sarcasm before nudging his shoulders with hers. The latter smiled and nodded adorably, blushing at how the girl easily . His eyes then gazed downwards to the grip that was holding onto his wrist.

 

“I’ll introduce you to my brother. Maybe you guys could be friends.” She answered firmly to his almost popping eyes confused look. He didn’t get to answer though as Tiffany brought dragged him across the café to that one particular table.

 

As they arrived there, Tiffany frowned.

 

“Yah Yah! No PDA IN MY CAFÉ!” She yelled before slapping the back of the couple’s head. The boys frowned loudly before glaring at the older girl. “But we’re customers!” They answered before one of them pouts eventually asking Tiffany to be nicer to them; using the word ‘Customer’ so that the girl would give them some slack. Heck, they failed miserably.

 

“Customers my . You two bought a cup of coffee. A CUP.” She argued back furrowing her eyebrows. The boys snorted at her actions before squirming back to their seats. Kyungsoo on the other hand giggled at their cute arguments. He then thought of how he and Luhan would always find a way to argue with each other like kids.

 

Before he got carried away again in his day-dream, Tiffany cleared loudly to gain his attentions.

 

“Guys, this is my new friend, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, meet my brother, Ki bum,” She pointed her finger towards a typical Chinese-Korean looking boy who had a soft smile on his face. Okay, apart from the ‘Korean’ Kyungsoo’s thoughts exaggerated a little bit about how the boy looked Chinese like to him, Tiffany also had that Chinese-eye-smile of on her.

“He is also known as the stupid ‘Key’, Now moving on,” She continued her speech which received a several ‘Hey’ from her younger brother. She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly before eye gazing the other boy who was sitting beside Key.

 

“And this is Jonghyun. But you can call him dino-head,”

 

“Yah!” The boy stood up eyes flamed in fire. “Don’t ‘Yah’ me, dufuss. Now sit down before I call security to take you away,” She sternly spoke before groaning at the end of the sentence.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, its nice meeting you guys,” The doe-eyed boy bowed down his upper body and rise back up with a smile on his face. “I hope we can be friends.” The smile on his face never fades as he spoke his sentence, Kyungsoo didn’t realise how the boy’s tensed when he introduced himself. Tiffany instead stood there, chuckling at how her brother and his now-boyfriend react to Kyungsoo.

 

“Well, I guess I should get going back to my counter now. Busy day.” She muttered before turning her head, slightly glaring at her brother to behave before she walks away. Kyungsoo stood there and played with sneakers, grazing them with each other which expended an annoying squeaky sound.

 

Key was the first one to attract the doe-eyed boy into a conversation.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you can take a sit if you want to,” The blond urged the red velvet chair directly across the table he was sitting at, which was stated right in front of him. Feeling he has nothing to do, Kyungsoo agreed to stay there for a while to have a short chat with the boys.

 

“So you’re taking music mainly in composing?” Kyungsoo then asks Jonghyun as they exchange a few string of words before. The said boy nods eagerly. “Composing is much easier for me,” He spoke out, legimately speaking of what he have thought before. Yes, composing is much easier than the vocals. If you’re a vocalist, you have to take care of your throat, make sure you have everything prepared and ready like eating well, sleep well and everything vocalists should do.

 

Kyungsoo grinned. “I really like composing, though.” Jonghyun then added, saying that it was his hobby since he was in middle school. Composing songs only using his acoustic guitar and a few piece of music sheets.

 

As they continued their small chat, Jonghyun and Key began to relax as they started to feel a bit more comfortable around the doe-eyed boy they met just a few minutes ago. Kyungsoo was no doubt the adorable but smart boy who has a bit of humour in him. They three traded each other’s numbers, pinkie promising to meet again at their so called university if they have any slight chance of break.

 

“So Kyungsoo, do you have anyone in mind, right now?” Jonghyun starts as Key walks away to the counter, probably ordering another cup of coffee for him and the others. Kyungsoo strained his thoughts, is it a yes? Or a no? Should he even be answering to questions like that?

 

“I’m in a dilemma, for sure,” He answered quickly before grinning like an idiot. Jonghyun chuckled happily before he quieted down. “Dilemma? How so, like a love-triangle?” He asks looking quite concerned, it was strapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter