Avoidance

Heal

I went to the kitchen then I took an empty seat near at the table. I rested my forehead on the table then I put my hands on the back of my head. I was really confused at Nana and I had no idea what she was talking about. I was there at the kitchen and only god knows on how long I stayed there. I was deep in thoughts when suddenly a glass of water appeared in front of me. I tilted my head and I saw no other than Jungah unni who was looking at me with a long face.

“It looks like you haven’t made up. Here, I brought you a drink.” I only drank a little and she sat next to me.

“Thanks,” I was staring at the glass blankly while I was thinking what happened recently.

“Unni…” The only word that came out of me.  

“I thought of you as a smart person all the time. Okay, wise you could say that. I’ve never thought you wouldn’t understand all of her actions around you. God, Jooyeon you should figure it out yourself. You should fix this misunderstanding between you and Nana. Think Jooyeon why she was acting differently around you.” I lowered my head a little as I bit my bottom lip softly.

“Maybe sometimes I’m stupid…” She only shook her head and sighed.

“Jooyeon…I just don’t get it why are you keep playing hard to get? Yeah sometimes you are stupid!”

“Yah! Unni,”

“Are you disrespecting me now?”

“O-ofcourse not..” I scratched my head and looked away.

“You’ll wake the other members don’t make noise. Come on, it’s almost midnight you need some rest too. Give her some time don’t make rash decisions for now or you’ll make it worse.”

“Unni, she’s making me confuse.”

“Jooyeon you’ve work so hard for today give yourself a rest.” I only obeyed her and followed her to our room.

The next day I woke up early because I was assigned to make a breakfast for that morning. As usual I really hate chores.

“Ah.., it’s still 7 but all of them are still sleeping.” While making breakfast I heard someone walking at the living room. I didn’t bother to check that person as I continued at my work. A few minutes later; there she is, standing at the entrance while rubbing her eyes. I was pretending I didn’t notice her. I wanted to say “The breakfast is ready..” but those words were stuck in my throat. I took all of my courage to look at her direction. She seemed so sleepy but when she finally woke up fully. She looked at me with her cold stare for about a minute then she slowly made her way to the living room again.

“T-the b-breakfast is almost ready.” I said and I mind slapped myself for that stupid stuttering of mine. She could probably tell that I was nervous.

“I’m not hungry,” She replied and I got saddened at her answer. I wanted to talk to her but for some reason something was pulling me back. I brushed off those thoughts at the back of my mind. My other fellow members had started coming into the kitchen.

“Hmmmm, that smells good unni,” Lizzy was first one to come in the kitchen and she kept sniffing at the aroma.

“I take that as a compliment, yah! Lizzy, stop doing that you can have some in a few minutes.”

“Hahaha, unni, I can’t wait to dig in with all of that delicious dishes.” Kaeun and Eyoung came after.

“Jooyeon unni, we’re hungry.” The two maknae’s said simultaneously and the other members came except for one.

We’d been avoiding for days and I really missed her around. I really misssed her company. Although we passed each other at the other parts of the dorm, but there was no interaction. I wasn’t in the mood for those past days. Without her around I began to understand why she acted differently around me.

~~

As usual I was watching the Seoul view up at the balcony. I was thinking what happened for the past few days. I sighed at the thought of it. I wasn’t going to get that conclusion, but I was afraid that all of my presumptions were false. What if I was wrong? What if, it was impossible to return these feelings of mine? What if? I slammed my hands on the railings and I got frustrated because of those what if’s.Then Lizzy approached me and she sat next to me.

“Hmmm??”

“Unni..”

“I’m sorry Lizzy but I can’t help you with you and Dujun now,”

“It’s not that…I think?”

“You think what?” I glared at her and she quickly answered me.

“It’s obvious Nana unni likes you and no one dares to talk about it. Most of us knew this..cuz..cuz..”

“God! Lizzy, say it what you wanted to say.” She sighed and continued.

“She’s bright around you while she treated us coldly most of the time.”

“Lower it down,”

“So do you happen to like Nana unni?” At that sudden question I don’t know if I should tell her or not. I could feel my cheeks were getting hotter. So I just kept silent.

“You like her right?”

“Yah! Lizzy, no!”

“Aren’t you being too obvious?kekeke”

“Lizzy!”

“Btw, unni I think she got jealous or mad when you kissed my forehead by that time? A normal person won’t get mad unless she has something for you.”

~~

Those words kept playing on my head “I think she got jealous or mad when you kissed my forehead by that time?” I was lying on my bed while facing the ceiling. How can I even apologise? what kind of apology? That wouldn’t hurt her feelings?

“AaaaaaaaaH!” Should I really follow my feelings? What if?

“Shut up! Mind!” Jungah unni went inside and she hit my nape with annoyance written all over her face.

“Ouch!”

“Jupal! Can you stop this commotion you’re making such an annoying noise! Be fortunate our dongsaeng’s went outside for shopping spree.”

“Sorry, I just don’t know how to apologise. I admit I really miss her, but how can she forgive me? I’d never thought that simple affection towards Lizzy would make her urggghh..”

“Jealous?”

“How?”

“Just a guess, so have you ever figured it out now?”

“Unni, I don’t wanna ruined our relationship but-”

“It’s already ruined.”

“I think I’m going crazy about it. I really miss her.”

“You’re still a kid Jooyeon, I have an idea.” She whispered it to me.

“Wait! Can’t you just tell me without whispering?”

“You wouldn’t know someone is listening to us.”

“Don’t give me chills unni! But are you sure about that?”

“I’ll invite the girls don’t worry.”

“What if..”

“God Jooyeon, can you push those thoughts of what if’s aside just once?”

“Ok, ok..do you think it would work?”

“Just go for it you’ll never know what is the outcome.”


Hi guys I'm back with a new chapter.

Thank you for those people who subscribed^^

I hope I can update my Super Natural too this week ㅠㅠ

Sorry if some other parts are sloppy