Not So Perfect ~

~ You Don't Love Me ~

 

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fShVxdufl4Q <----- It would be nice if you listen to the songs I'm posting with the chapters. ^^ * 

 

   Lee Jieun sipped on her drink and looked through the window. There were dark clouds covering the sky, but the rain didn't seem to fall yet. Maybe it was going to rain heavily tonight.

  The young woman avert her gaze from the outside view and looked at her friends who were sitting across the table. Victoria had her phone in her hands, pointing excitedly at something on it and Nichkhun was looking at it interested. Jieun was sure that her friend was showing the serial funny cat picture, but her boyfriend still showed some interest in it, no matter how stupid it was. Then Victoria turned her phone in Jieun's direction so she could see the picture too. She was right - a funny cat picture. Jieun smiled at her friend warmly. Victoria left her phone on the table and turned to Nichkhun saying something in his ear. He smiled at what she said and squeezed her hand.

  Jieun almost let a sigh out. She turned to her right and looked at her own husband. Sanghyun was looking at the other couple with a light smile on his face. What a good actor! Jieun knew that he was bored to the extreme, but he still managed to hide it. Like he was so interested in what was happening around him. Jieun had to do the same. Not that she didn't like being with Victoria and Nichkhun, but their happiness was making her go crazy. Seeing them so in love with each other only reminded Jieun that she can't have what they do.

  Her husband, the man she loved with all her heart was sitting next to her, so close, but yet she felt he was so far away. Sanghyun didn't love her. He didn't even like her. Her existence wasn't imporant for him. She was just his trophey-wife he can show off when they go out. Sanghyun would hug her or kiss her only if there was someone else to see that. He didn't even smile at her when they were alone. Because there was no use in doing this.

  Jieun felt that she was on the verge of crying. Crying about how powerless she was right now. Crying about the fact that her condition was hopeless and she couldn't do anything to make it better.

  The young woman blinked a several time to clear her eyes. She put on her fake, satisfied smile when Sanghyun grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him. It was amazing how good she got in pretending she is happy when she is not.

  "So,guys. Actually the reason we called you today is not just to see how are you doing." Nichkhun said and smiled nervously.

 "We're getting engaged!" - Victoria blurted and waved her hand in front Sanghyun and Jieun's faces, showing them the shiny ring on her finger.

  Jieun felt she's about to collapse on the table. They're getting engaged. And then they will marry and have a lot of children. And they will grow old together.

 "Oh, wonderful! Isn't it, Jieun?" - Sanhyun asked with a voice full of fake excitement.

 Jieun started nodding energetically with a wide smile on her face. She wanted to cry now - from joy about Victoria and Nichkhun and from sorrow because of Sanghyun.

 "Jieun-ah, why are you crying?" Victoria asked.

 "Oh, it's nothing! I'm just happy for you!" Jieun said. Damn...she didn't realize she started crying. Jieun looked nervously at Sanghyun. She knew that at this moment he was really glad she didn't ruin the whole thing.

 "Our Jieun is quite emotional, you know!" Sanghyun said.

 Jieun felt how her husband's hand almost twisted hers. He was angry. But he wasn't going to show it. At least not now.

 Victoria and Nichkhun were looking at the other couple quite confused. Something felt really wrong in the whole situation. For everyone's salvation from this uneasy moment, Bang Cheolyong showed up at the restaurant. He always seemed happy no matter what was happening.

 "Hello, everyone! Sorry for being late! What's up?" Cheolyong said.

 "You're always late..." Victoria murmured.

 "Ya, nuna! It's not my fault! There are a lot of traffic jams at this time of the day."

 "Anyway, Cheolyong-ah. What you've just missed is that we're getting engaged." Nichkhun proclaimed still smiling widely.

 "Seriously?! But that's just amazing! Congratulations!"

 The male was obviously happier than Jieun and Sanghyun. He went behind the other couple and started hugging both of them. After he finished that, he went in the other direction and told Sanghyun:

" Hyung, would you please squish a little? I have to sit somewhere after all."

 Sanghyun looked at him like he was going to kill him every second, but eventually he moved closer to Jieun so there's a place for Cheolyong to sit.

 Cheolyong started talking about something with Victoria, Nichkhun and Sanghyun. Jieun stayed silent. She looked through the window again. That was overkill. It has been going for a year already. And it was going to countinue till the end of her life. Jieun was slowly realizing that.

   The group finished their meals discussing Victoria and Khun's engagement. Jieun liked going out with them. Besides their lovey-dovey attitude all the time they made her forget about her sad and lonely life. And Sanghyun was being nice to her. Even if he was faking it. It was still better than ignoring her like he usually did.

   All of them got up and walk towards the exit of the restaurant. Nichkhun put his hand on Victoria's waist smiling at her. Sanghyun was holding Jieun's hand firmly. Too firmly. Cheolyong was walking between the two couples.

"Hey, Cheolyong-ah! Isn't it time for you to get a girl?" Nichkhun asked him while laughing.

"I'm waiting for the perfect one, hyung. The perfect one!" Cheolyong proudly announced.

   Jieun was really wondering who would be able to endure Cheolyong's endless talking. She laughed at herself - like her situation was better than this.

 "Are we going for a drink?" Victoria asked when they got out.

 Jieun tried to answer her question, but Sanghyun cut her off.

 "Thank you, Victoria, but we're tired. We're going home. Right, Jieun?"

 "Yes, yes! Maybe next time! Good night, guys!" - Jieun said.

 "But..." - Cheolyong tried to say something, but Sanghyun had already turned in the opposite direction, dragging his wife after him.

 "I hope you have a good explanation for your tears earlier." Sanghyun said through his clenched teeth.

 " I was happy for Khun and Victoria. I haven't done anything wrong."

 " Good excuse. But not for me. You never cry at things like this. And you better stop your melancholic behaviour now. Do you want someone to think we're not happy? Because that's what is going to happen if you don't control your stupid emotions. You're going to ruin everything."

   Sanghyun was angry. Really angry. He said everything with so much spite in his words.

 "I'm sorry." Jieun uttered.

 "You better be. So useless...."

   Sanghyun pushed her in the car and shut the door. Jieun closed her eyes for a moment, waiting for her husband to get in the car too. Sanghyun was extremely mad and he wasn't over yet. The night has just begun.

 

* This is for now, guys! Hope you enjoyed reading this! ^^

 It's most likely for me to update next week if something urgent doesn't show up( like school work or some kind of project)! *