Krystal's story:The beloved and hated door

Unlocked Doors

 

The semester started. New girls were coming to the school. She knew that one or two would see her and immediately leave, as they always did. But there was a door unlocked. This was very peculiar to Krystal. Wasn’t this girl scared?

 

Her name was Choi Sulli. Sulli laughed so heartedly. Sulli was a resposible student. Sulli was a good friend. Sulli had terrible parents. Sulli used to stutter. Sulli had a bad habit of chewing her pencils.  

Sulli always left her door unlocked. Sulli, Sulli, Sulli.

This girl was addicting to Krystal. She wanted to know everything about her. She wanted to take care of her. She followed her by day and stayed outside her door by night. Sulli seemed so sweet. But there was a door between them.

 

One day Krystal opened the unlocked door. She saw her sleeping. Sulli was so pretty. She just wanted to see her up close. She was very curious… Oh no! She woke up! Krystal stared at her not knowing what to do. She felt shy and dumb, so she adopted a poker-face. It was the best thing she knew how to do. That's why back then they called her ice princess.

She didn’t want to scare her off either. And so she said:

“You should lock your door.”

 

 

It wasn’t necessary but Krystal always guarded Sulli’s door. She liked to think she was closer to her that way. Well, that was as close as she could ever get without hurting her, without hurting herself.

But she couldn’t wait anymore. She wanted to see her again. So she knocked her door.

That was a mistake. She turned to leave but as soon as she took a turn of the corridor: she heard the door open. Sulli went outside with a flashlight. She was outside! She was reachable. Krystal just had to walk up to her and she could touch her. At last, it was like if Sulli had become real. She felt awkward and hesitate for a long time.

But Krystal walked up to her. She wanted to say so many things. But she said: “It’s cold outside.”

Sulli ran away. Krystal’s heart sank.

She went behind her and only met a closed door. She placed her hand over her beloved and hated door. The thing that separated her from Sulli and which also kept Sulli alive. Oh, how much she loved and hated that door.

“I’m sorry…” said Krystal pressing her lips against the door. She felt pain in her heart. Rejection was something she deserved and which her brain wanted, not her heart.

I’m sorry but I think I love you.

 

Sulli kept locking and unlocking her door. Krystal couldn’t go to her. Not after what she had done. She hurt that mean girl.

But it was her second nature. At much as she tried to not be what she was, she could not help it. She didn't want it.

She hated anyone that hurt Sulli, in the littlest way. She hated Yookyung. She hated herself.

 

Krystal counted the stars and then Sulli came out of her room. Krystal was nervous, she never looked at her for she felt her cheeks blush.

“Beautiful night,” said Krystal.

It was the first time they talked. But Sulli only asked questions. About her, about Yookyung.

After what seemed to be a bad start as a conversation Krystal said: “We are all sinners, aren’t we? By thought, by action, by desire… one way or another." 

And she jumped off the rails. She changed. She flew away into the night sky. Not wanting to think of anything at all. 

 

Sulli was confusing. She asked. She demanded. But she left her door unlocked.

“I told you not to leave your door unlock,” said Krystal. Sulli was just waking up.

My doors are always unlocked,” she said. “It means I can run off if I want to.”

Krystal chuckled. No one can ever outrun her. Sulli the light. The girl seemed to be frozen, startled by Krystal. Maybe she was scared.

Where would you run if I stand here?” she asked. Sulli said nothing. “That’s dangerous Sulli.” She was dangerous. She would hurt her even if she didn’t want to.

Krystal tried to explain but the girl wouldn’t listen. Then something unexpected happened. Sulli invited her in. Krystal trembled with fear and excitment.

She had asked her name. She said: “Krystal.”

 

She had no right to feel angry. Sulli was not hers. She could do whatever she wanted. If she liked Luna than it was for the best. Even when it hurt so much, so deep. Krystal had to run.

A short haired girl had come out of her room. It was just a second but she knew that Amber saw her.

Krystal ran away. She clenched her chest. It hurt. 

There was no reason but she had been lonely for so long. She had never loved as she had been loving now. Unreciprocal love was painful.

 

She jiggled the door of Luna’s room. It was locked. Sulli caught her doing so. Sulli asked many questions. She evaded most but only lied about Luna. She sure wanted to see her best friend. She didn’t want to hurt her because Sulli loved her. But she wasn’t sure what would really have happened if she actually opened the door.

The fury she felt transformed into something else as she saw the angry Sulli. She actually looked cute that way. She even found it fun teasing Sulli about being gay. She kissed her, for the first time. It was magic. She wanted more but she restrained herself. She knew that Sulli would willingly let her do more. But there was something about Krystal, something supernatural that made her desirable. So she let Sulli had a choice. Let her decide without her presence making her dizzy. She said: But you decide if you leave the door unlocked or not.”

 

There was Sulli. Doing some homework she didn’t understand at all. Her door was unlocked. She had invited her in before. She just had to step forward.

She did so.

Then things weren’t as she imagined it. It was better.

Sulli said that maybe they shouldn’t do this. Krystal couldn’t stop now. She begged in her mind that Sulli wouldn’t change her mind for Krystal would need the willpower of the entire world to leave. It was the door that bothered her she said? Krystal locked the door.

Krystal never felt so alive. So connected. Then she asked what she had been waiting for since she was born and reborn: “Do you promise to be mine, only mine?”

She nodded. Krystal was complete. She would never let her go now. They would be one. She loved her too. She was sure. Even if they haven't said so.

 

The door was always opened for her now.

Krystal had no second thoughts. But she worried. Sulli was changing.

Sulli had questions. But she didn’t ask the questions. Krystal came every night.

Once Krstal asked her instead. Sulli said: “No.” She had no questions.

 

They talked about jealousy. Krystal remember all those jealous days she lived behind the stupid door.

She was slightly rough that night.

In her mind and heart and soul, she wanted Sulli but she knew she would ruin her.

She wasn’t jealous. She was angry at herself. It was true: she was selfish, horrible, scary. She was evil.

 

Please don’t get tired of me,” said Krystal one night.

She couldn’t bear losing her anymore. She was the only good thing about her.

 

Sulli asked.

Krystal answered.

She was sent away, she closed her door.

 

The door was unlocked. Krystal sighed with relief. Yes, Sulli didn't hate her.

But Sulli was gone. Just as easy as that, the girl slipped her fingertips. But it was too late now. If she left then...

They would both die. Sulli couldn't die. Krystal could but not Sulli.

She wanted to destroy the damned door. Ripped it appart if it was possible.

But these were all futile actions. She wasn't invited in.

"I didn't want to hurt her," she said. "I didn't."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so dramatic lol XDDD Yeah... Krystal deserved a chapter as long as this one XP