-03-

Yeongwon S.W.A.T

 

-03-

l mission 1 : lonely soul – part one l

The minute they arrive at the scene, they are bombarded with police officers questioning their presence. The head chief strides over to Hyorin and gives her a stern look to which Hyorin just ignores. He gives her a quick look over and is questioning her unusual get up.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Oh, you know, just to take a stroll.”

“I don’t appreciate the sarcasm.”

“Well I don’t appreciate the panic that you and your team caused.”

He ‘hmphs’ at the younger girl and narrows his eyes. “We have everything under control here.”

Hyorin laughs and quirks an eyebrow at the man. “Obviously that’s not true. We’ve received orders to take over the situation here. You and your team are now assigned to fend the crowds.”

The man scoffs and looks utterly offended at the smaller girl.

“I’d like to see some confirmation.”

A paper is then shoved into his face, making him stumble a few steps back.

“Make sure you read it over carefully.” Hyorin waves and walks back to her team with a flourish. “Oh, by the way, thank you for your hard work.” She finishes with a teasing wink and the man has to fight to keep himself in check.

~*~

Aejung locks in the bullets to her gun and sticks it into its holder. She checks her uniform and makes sure that everything is ready. Her team stands behind her, checking their own weapons and uniform, waiting for her to make her first command.

“Hello boys, I am Lee Aejung and I will be leading you all today. It is an honor for me to be working with you all. I expect the best performance and will work hard to lead you through without a hitch. There are five of you here before me right now and I want there to be five of you to stand before when this is all over. We enter as a team and leave as a team. No exceptions. Understand?”

“Yes, ma’am!”

“Let’s do our best today, boys.”

“Ne!”

~*~

To say Saehyun isn’t overwhelmed by the crowd of people being fended off by public officers, would be an understatement. Parents are yelling, demanding that their children be saved, some crying. The scene before her is nothing but chaos and she needs to work fast before it gets out of hand.

She jumps onto a nearby police car and grabs the car’s microphone on the way up.

“Everyone please calm down. My name is Han Saehyun from Yeongwon S.W.A.T and I am here to inform you that we will definitely get your children out safely.”

“You guys said that three hours ago!”

 “Yes, I understand that it’s been a long time and it’s hard for many of us to not be able to do anything, but please be assured that we will get them out. My team has just taken over the situation and we will get them out. Our top priority right now is to figure out the situation inside. We need to talk to the kidnapper and make sure he does not harm anyone. Yeongwon S.W.A.T has never lost a civilian and we plan to keep that going. However, to do so, we’ll need it to be quiet out here. Please give us your cooperation. Thank you.”

Saehyun bows and watches as all the parents settle down and give her their nods of approval.

~*~

Hyunjae smiles satisfyingly at her laptop screen when she successfully hacked into the school’s speaker system. She puts on her headphones and prepares herself to speak.

“Annyeonghaseyo, this is Jung Hyunjae from Yeongwon S.W.A.T. Please do not be alarmed, we mean no harm. We just want to talk. So Jang Kibum-sshi, if you can hear me, please locate a walkie-talkie from one of the school’s security guards and let’s have a little chat.”

She waits for a few seconds in silence and then is answered with the sound of static and later on a reply.

“This is Jang Kibum.”

She smiles to herself because she has gotten a response.

“Kibum-sshi, are you aware of the situation you are in?”

Hyunjae needs to keep him on the line long enough for Saehyun to come back.

“Yes.”

Saehyun arrives in that moment and Hyunjae moves to hand her the headphones. Hyorin and Aejung arrive just seconds later and then they are in on the conversation when Hyunjae puts it all on speaker.

“Hi, this is Han Saehyun from Yeongwon S.W.A.T. Hyunjae needs to step out for a second so we’ll have a chat instead. Jang Kibum-sshi, is there anything you need? Food? Water?”

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.”

The four girls are a little surprised by how polite the kidnapper was.

“Well Kibum-sshi, if you don’t mind me asking, why exactly are you doing this?”

There is a slight pause on the other line and Hyunjae has to double check just to make sure that they haven’t disconnected.

“Love.”

~*~

Aejung and Hyorin, while listening on the side, are both getting ready to go on field. Aejung double checks her earpiece and equipment while Hyorin makes sure that her devices are well hidden. Once they made all the checks, they were ready to head out.

“Unnie, make sure you’re both there before giving me the signal to open the door. Remember, you only have ten seconds.” Hyunjae looks at Hyorin who gives her a nod. “Aejung unnie, I’ll have to send you in after Hyorin unnie. We can’t risk having him catch on about you guys. You’ll have to go in with your team after we receive confirmation that the hostages are fine and that he doesn’t have any accomplices.”

Aejung nods her agreement and then they’re off.

~*~

“Love you say.” Saehyun is scanning through her file on Jang Kibum and is skimming through his story about falling in love with the high school girl. “But if you love her, why are you doing this?”

“She rejected me when I confessed. After that she stopped coming to my ramen shop. I only wanted a few minutes with her, but she avoided me. This was my last resort.”

“Is that so? But Kibum-sshi, the other students didn’t do anything wrong, why are you holding them captive?”

“They laughed at me when I was rejected. They deserve to be punished.”

“But not all of them did, did they?”

“Yes.”

“So how about we let the innocent students free?”

“That’s impossible, if I open the door now, the police will rush in.”

“Kibum-sshi, I can assure you that that won’t happen.”

“I’m sorry, but that can’t happen. All I wanted was to talk to the girl I love, but instead I got my heart ripped out and humiliated. They all have to pay.”

With that, the line disconnects, leaving only static over the line.

“Kibum-sshi? Kibum-sshi? .” Saehyun tears off her head phones and puts on her earpiece.

Hyunjae taps away on her laptop, preparing to unlock the back door.

It is time for them to take action.

“Aejung, can you hear me?”

“Yeah.”

“Jang Kibum is completely unwilling to set any of the students free. We need to get Hyorin unnie in there to survey the situation. We need a view of the inside as soon as possible.”

“Okay, we’re ready and in position.”

Hyunjae speaks next. “I’ll have the door open in a minute.”

~*~

On Hyorin and Aejung’s side.

Hyorin waits patiently as Aejung and her team stands behind her. She turns to look at Aejung with a smile, trying hard to hide her nervousness. Though she’s done this a thousand of times, it still didn’t mean that she is used to it. None of them were. Each time they’re on the field; the feeling of fear is always there. That’s the exact thing that keeps them alert and aware.

“You okay?” Aejung questions, placing a hand on her leader’s shoulder.

Hyorin nods. “Yeah.”

Aejung smiles. “You remember the signal?”

“Mhm.” Hyorin gives the “Ok!” hand sign which just happens to be the signal.

And then Aejung hears Hyunjae warn them that they have fifteen seconds till the door opens.

She looks at Hyorin with a blank expression. “Fifteen seconds.”

Hyorin nods and turns to the door. She is about to take a step forward when Aejung pulls her back.

“Do you have it with you?”

Hyorin grins at her teammate and pulls out the whistle that she is wearing around her neck.

“I never go anywhere without it.”

Aejung pats the other girl’s head and pulls her into a quick hug. “Blow it when anything happens.”

Hyorin gives her a quiet okay and then they hear the silent click.

“Be careful.” Is the last thing Hyorin hears when she steps through the threshold. 

 

So like, I tried fitting the whole mission in one chapter...that ended being too long. So, this will probably have two parts. -sigh- I said I'd update this soon too. xP Anyways. How will the mission go? Will Hyorin be okay? Will they be able to get the hostages out safely? Will Jang Kibum realize his wrongs and turn himself in? Stay tuned to for the next part! -Jung Outtie!~ ;D