-01-

Yeongwon S.W.A.T

-01-

l we are yeongwon s.w.a.t l

Park Hyorin loves her job. Maybe not as much as her love for Pokémon, but it was somewhere around there.

To some extent.

It’s arguable.

Anyways, she’s good at it. Really good for that matter. She would argue with anyone that disagrees. But then there are times when she starts to question this love. And there are those rare days where she just wants to drop her things and quit. Today is one of those days.

“I’m paying you to get my cat down! So shut up and do what I’m paying you for!”

Yeah, she should quit.

She, who was assigned to be the momentary conflict manager, has to force herself to smile at the short, kind of plump lady, who is busy screaming into her face. “Yes, we’ll get it down right away.” She turns away from the fuming ahjumma and power walks over to her team, an obvious frown present on her face.

Aejung keeps her eyes on the angry feline that is up on a tree, growling at her and everything else that breaths. She shakes her head, disbelief the only thing present in her expression. “That’s not a cat, it’s a in’ cheetah.”

“The ahjumma has problems.” Hyorin nods her agreement. The strong urge to cut something creeps up on her and she is getting close to annihilating the woman and her descendants. However, she knows better.

“Is this even legal? That’s a wild animal, right?” Saehyun is looking utterly horrified. “That thing could probably kill us. It’s vicious.”

“Ooh, cheetah!” Hyunjae squeals. Really, she would be the only one to be excited about the cheetah. “Can I pet it??”

“NO!” The other three gives Hyunjae an incredulous look, shaking their heads with disapproval. They immediately forbid her from getting as much as an inch closer to the angry animal. Because really, what kind of people would they be if they let her walk into a death trap?

Hyunjae frowns at the other three and pouts. “You unnies don’t know how to enjoy life.”

“I’d like to live long enough to try.” Aejung high-fives Saehyun, in turn earning them both a glare from the younger girl.

And then they are interrupted by another screech. They really should maim the cheetah before it maims them.

Hyorin looks up at the animal as she contemplates on what they need to do next. Or well, she tries. It proves to be rather difficult when the cheetah’s owner is yelling into her ear, demanding that she get her pet back unharmed and not in pieces.

“I’d like to put you in pieces.” Hyorin thinks, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

If Hyorin gained something from her profession, it was the art of ignoring people. In seconds, the ahjumma’s voice is quickly tuned out, allowing Hyorin to finally decide their next course of action.

“Come hither.” At the sound of their leader’s voice, the three girls briskly make their way towards the waiting girl. “Alright, so this is how we’re going to go about it. Hyunjae, I’ll need you to map the province and find a place for Aejung to snipe the cheetah. It’s too dangerous to shoot from here, plus there are too many trees. It’ll be difficult to make a clear shot. Saehyun, I’m going to need you and Hyunjae to figure out a way to catch the cheetah when Aejung tranquilizes it. It won’t be easy. The area is fenced off for a reason.”

Hyorin eyes the area beyond the fence and concentrates on the ground. What was it that made it too dangerous to walk on? And then she sees sudden movement. She moves closer and squints. Snakes. There are snakes everywhere in all shapes and sizes. The other three sees them too and any ideas that would require going over the gate are automatically wiped out of their minds.

“What is this place, a in’ jungle?” Aejung is not pleased. She did not like snakes.                           

Without another spoken word; the girls split and get to work. Aejung is hovering over Hyunjae as the younger of the two opens her laptop and quickly maps down the area. It takes her less than five minutes to locate the perfect spot. It seriously was always perfect.

“Unnie, the mansion’s rooftop is the place to go.”

Aejung groans, grabbing her sniper rifle. She sighs. Loud. “Why is it always the rooftop? I don’t do heights.”

Hyunjae shrugs. “It comes with being a sniper. You should be used to it by now.”

Aejung sighs once again, but she agrees. She was getting used to heights. “Alright, see you in a bit.”

“Bye unnie~”

After she stores away her laptop, Hyunjae makes her way over to her Saehyun and Hyorin unnie, both too deep in their present conversation to notice her presence. They do eventually though~

“There’s absolutely no way we can walk in there without getting our flesh bitten by snakes. I’ve located at least three that are poisonous.” Saehyun plays out the possibilities of them actually getting bitten. It’s pretty high.

Hyorin shakes her head. “There’s something wrong with this place.”

“So since we can’t go in there, why don’t we try to bring it closer to us?” Hyunjae suggests with a shrug of her shoulders.

The other two look at their maknae and then back at each other.

“It’s brilliant!” Hyorin beams. “Good thing I came up with it.”

“…” Hyunjae’s expression blanks. “Unnie.”

“I’m kidding!” And then Hyorin goes into a fit of laughter. The other two later joins in. Their leader’s laughs are just that contagious.

“Now that we’ve figured out what we need to do, how do we do it?”

Hyorin purses her lips. She really doesn’t know. “Saehyun-ah, you’re up.”

Saehyun smiles her gentle smile, telling them that she had a plan from the beginning. They expect nothing less from their strategist.

“The cheetah’s been up there for hours now and it’s probably hungry. In order to get it to come to us, we need to taunt it with food.”

“That’s totally safe.” Sarcasm is painfully obvious in Hyorin’s tone.

“That’s why, before it gets to us, Aejunggie will need to shoot it at the last possible moment; when it is the closest to us. We won’t be able to set up the cushion that far. The farthest is probably between those two trees about a foot away from the fence. That’s our best bet.”

Saehyun receive nods of understanding and then she is on her way, searching for a large enough cushion. She returns a few minutes later from their van with an inflatable bed and an electric air pump.

“Nice thinking, unnie.” Hyunjae’s thoughts are automatically synched with Saehyun’s and she moves to help set the contraption up. “Someone needs to explain this to Aejung unnie later and buy her a new air mattress.”

The three pause for a second and imagines their sniper’s reaction. Yeah, it surely will not look pretty.

“We’ll figure that out later. For now, we need to fill her in with the details.” Hyorin turns on her earpiece and the other two mirrors her after setting the air mattress in place.

“Jagiya.”

“Yeah.” Aejung grins at Hyorin’s nickname for her.

“So here’s the plan. We can’t set the cushion where the cheetah is so we need to lure it to us. Can you see the cushion?”

There’s a slight pause.

“Yeah. Wait, is that my air mattress?”

Saehyun and Hyunjae are trying hard to stifle their laughter.

“I’ll explain that later. Anyways, the cheetah is hungry and angry. So you’ll need to shoot it when it is above the mattress. Make sure it lands on it.”

”You guys are cutting it pretty close.”

“We have no choice. There are snakes all over the area.”

“That’s just great. Okay. I’ll get in position.”

“Okay, so Aejung’s side is clear. So what do we use to lure it to us?”

Saehyun thinks about it for a few seconds before hanging her head in defeat. They have found themselves in another dilemma.

“What does she feed it?” Hyunjae questions, looking over at the lady who is busy yelling into the ears of another comrade.

Saehyun makes a guess. “Other dead animals? Human beings?”

They hear Aejung snicker. “Good one.”

“How about we just feed it catnip or something?” Hyunjae is not down to seeing dead animals.

Hyorin nods her head slowly. “That’s a good suggestion, but where are we going to get catnip?”

“I just bought a new pack today! It’s in the van.” Hyunjae is grinning brightly at her leader who is looking back at her maknae with a look of disbelief.

They hear Aejung again. “She would. She needs to stop feeding the cats at the back of headquarters. It’s starting to stink.”

“But unnie~~” Hyunjae whines. “They’re so cute!”

As always, she earns herself three pairs of eye rolling. (Even though she can’t see the ones coming from Aejung.)

They drag the bag of catnip over and set it down in front of the air mattress. Hyorin cuts the bag through with her pocket knife and wafts the air over to where the cheetah is pacing on a branch. The cheetah’s keen sense of smell quickly picks up the scent and before another breath was taken, the cheetah is charging towards them, full speed, jumping from tree to tree.

Everything is silent now. All eyes are on the cheetah. It’s getting closer. Five trees away. Three trees away. Everyone, including the crazy ahjumma, is fleeing further back in fear of it jumping past the fence. All but three. Hyunjae, Saehyun and Hyorin stood their ground, their eyes never leaving the cheetah. They can hear their hearts beating in their ears, drowning out all sound. The cheetah is now two trees away.

A loud noise rips through the silence like a blade; the cheetah’s cry soon follows. It falls perfectly onto the air mattress and the cheetah is on its side, fully tranquilized.

They succeeded.

~*~

“What did you do to my baby?!”

Aejung reunites with her members at a rather bad time. The ahjumma is yelling once again. She feels her ears ring as she stashes away her rifle. They are all standing in front of their van, trying extremely hard to tolerate the older woman’s complaints filled with vulgarity and insults.

“I will sue you all! I demanded that you retrieve it unharmed!” Hyorin couldn’t help but stare at the woman’s lip mole. “What are your agent numbers?!”

And then she crosses a line. She should not have asked for their numbers. (Because they don’t remember them~)

“Ahjumma.”

“’Ahjumma?’ I’ll have you know, I’m only twenty six!”

Aejung snorts.

They all have one thought by that point. “Yeah, if you switch it around.”

Hyorin hides her irritation under her forced, forced grin. “Agassi.”

The other three almost vomits.

Hyorin continues. “I hope you know that having a wild animal as a pet is illegal.”

The other three knows where their leader is going with this. And so they join in.

“We can have you charged and have your property evicted.” Saehyun adds. “As well as the cheetah taken away.”

“It is considered as animal cruelty.” Hyunjae states in a matter of fact tone. “That’s not cool.”

“And your property is considered as a danger zone. It’s a hazard and is to be taken care of. So please be ready when we send over other agents.”

They all enter the van and take their place. The woman’s face is turning red, her body shaking with anger.

“I will not stand for this! I will definitely file a complaint against you all!”

Hyorin smirks. She turns toward the lady, a sinister grin taking over the smirk.

“Oh please do. We’ll look forward to it. Don’t forget, we’re Yeongwon S.W.A.T.” 

 

 

Hey everyone~~ ^^ So I finally posted the first chapter! ;D This chapter serves as a small introduction to how these girls work. The mission is kind of...strange..but don't worry! They will be assigned to more legit and fitting missions soon~ Subscribers and comments are loved! ^^ We will hopefully get a poster for this fic soon...so for now, the cheetah will do~ Lol. Till next time~ ;3