Chapter 1

Coffee Break

You always saw him at the coffee shop. He would come in, buy a coffee and take a seat at the far corner. Then he would take out a book and read the entire time he  was there. He was really cute, but the manly type of cute, with his glasses on and his hair slightly spiked up.

You’ve always wanted to talk to him, but you’ve never raked up the nerve to do it. He looked so beautiful by the window, sunlight shining on him like an angel from heaven.

Instead of talking to him, you’d buy your own drink and sit on the other side of the room with your laptop. You could take peeks at him without him really noticing, or thinking that you’re some next level stalker who comes every day to the café to see him. Well… you sort of do that, but it’s alright to be a stalker, right?

Today was another one of those days, where you went down to the café near your apartment, to stare at the handsome man by the window. You skipped down the street, and straightened yourself out before you walked into the café. 

Laptop in hand, you go over to the counter and order a banana loaf with a hot chocolate on the side. Then you walked over to your usual spot and set your stuff up. You took a big bite of your banana bread and took a peek at him, to only see that he wasn’t there.

You furrowed your eyebrows. Where the heck was he? Did he notice you staring at him for the past week and left because he got creeped out? Panic starting rushing through your system as the possibility of never seeing him ever again crossed your mind.

Trying to get your mind off of him, you looked at your laptop screen. You had a huge project that was due in a few days, and you hadn’t started on it. Yes, I will work on my project! Who cares? He’s just a good looking guy. I don’t need to be upset if I never see him ever again… You thought to yourself, obviously in denial.

After fifteen minutes of trying to focus on your project, your hands were running through your hair in frustration. You might have made a few groans here and there, but you were too busy thinking about him and how he was distracting you from your project.

You stood up and walked over to the counter again, this time to buy a coffee. You order a large, with double cream and double sugar. Paying for it, you grab it and turn around to walk back to your seat.

You crash into the chest of the person that was standing directly behind you, almost spilling your coffee everywhere. “Whoa whoa, are you okay?”

You looked up to see the man that you were thinking about all morning. You blush as you two stared into each other’s eyes. “You’re here…” You whispered unconsciously. He chuckled.

“You were looking for me?” You turned red and shook your head. “No… I was just…” He put his hand up for you to stop and smiled at you. “It’s okay. I was staring at you when you didn’t look up too.”

You smiled as you walked back to your seat. So he was staring at you too? That doesn’t make you that creepy anymore! Could this blossom into something really beautiful? You giggled at that thought.

You sat down and waited for him to walk over with his coffee. He sat down on the seat beside you, took a glance at your laptop screen and started laughing. You looked at him with curiosity and then glanced at your laptop screen. What you saw made your eyes almost pop out.

On your laptop, was the secret photo you took of him. Did you open that unconsciously while you were having a mental breakdown earlier? You turned red, once again.

You felt a pat on your back, and heard his laughter dying down. Since you weren’t willing to turn to him, he turned your head for you. Fingers cupping your chin, faces as close as a centimeter, he said.

“It’s alright. I secretly took pictures of you too. My name is Yunho, Jung Yunho. What’s yours?”