But In The End, They Were Victorious...

Dragon's Blood

"I totally think teleportation is better than wind powers!"

"No way, I can make tornadoes. What can you do?"

"Teleport out of the tornadoes."

I looked up at the two boys arguing in front of me.

"Kai," D.O. began, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Don't make him mad, he might blow on you."

Kai snickered and Sehun gawked at D.O. before pouting and swatting at his arm.

Beside me, Suho chuckled, leaning his head back against the throne.

The twelve of us were seated around the thrones, Kris and Chaneyol occupying theirs along with Jongdae and Zitao, while Xiumin, Yixing and Luhan joined the five of us on the ground. The reunited couple were lost in their own world, occasionally sharing kisses or little touches, but for the most part speaking quietly into each others' ears. Jongdae and Zitao seemed to be having some sort of argument, but it was hard to hear them over the bickering of the two younger ones.

"You know," Suho spoke softly, "I feel so attached to these people already, I almost don't want to leave."

I looked to the side, catching his eyes. He wore a sad smile, something that probably reflected the one that I wore.

"Me too," I agreed, sighing wistfully. 

"You can always stay," Yixing joined in our conversation, apparently having heard our words.

Suho shook his head. "I couldn't, not when I still have a family back home."

"I'm sure they'd understand," The boy frowned, turning so that he was facing us fully.

I gave him a wry smile. "Either that or send us to a mental institute," I said with a shrug.

Yixing nodded and sighed. "Well you'll always be welcome here. Come back soon?"

"Soon," We both promised.

"I'm sure with Kai's help, the journey won't be so hard," Luhan spoke, tearing himself away from the younger boys' fight.

"Hah!" Kai exclaimed, smirking at Sehun who stuck his tongue out in annoyance.

"And Sehun, you take care of my other. I don't want that kid getting into any trouble," He continued.

"Hah!" Sehun grinned, Kai pouting at D.O. for back up.

"Sorry Kai, everyone knows that Sehun is more responsible," The older boy said with a shrug, causing Kai to elbow him roughly.

We all laughed, enjoying the display in front of us, but a voice caught my attention.

"Baekhyun!"  

I turned, seeing Chanyeol waving to me. I walked over to him, taking his outstretched hand in my own. "Yes, Chanyeollie?" I said, using my nickname for him. He smiled at me, but there was something sad in his eyes. 

He looked as if he wanted to say something, but bit his lip and looked down.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently, tugging his hand lightly.

Everyone else was silent now, watching us curiously.

"Stay with me." He spoke in a whisper, but the three words were loud enough to echo around the entire room.

I shook my head. "I- I can't," I protested, watching tears fill his eyes. I blinked, my own suddenly beginning to sting and moisten.

"I'll miss you so much," He said, his usually strong voice was wavering, and he turned his head away quickly.

Kris, who had been watching in silence, leaned over to Chanyeol and took his other hand, bringing it to his lips and placing a gentle kiss on it. He rubbed the back of Chanyeol's hand with his thumb, whispering sweetly into the boy's palm. It appeared to calm my friend for a moment, but when he looked back at me, I saw a couple of tears escape onto his cheeks. 

"I'm so sorry, Chanyeollie," I said, fidgeting uncomfortably. I wanted to pull the tall boy into my arms and hold him tightly, but I felt like it would be inappropriate to. A strange part of me felt like I had no right to do so anymore, like Chanyeol wasn't mine, but Kris' now. And now that we would be separating, that thought was only cemented further into my mind. I had to let him go, it would be wrong for me to stay, anyway.

Chanyeol looked at me, seeing the resolve in my eyes, and shook his head, pulling his hand away from mine to wipe at his cheeks.

"We should probably go now, anyway," I said finally, trying to be as strong as possible. "We've been gone for so long, I don't know how my parents will react. We're all healed up now so..."

Chanyeol didn't respond, and now he wouldn't even meet my eyes.

"Come on guys," I said, trying to keep back the sobs. It felt like I was walking away from my home, my family, and my own heart; it hurt like hell. I knew that if I stayed any longer, I would break down and start blubbering like a baby.

The other four gawked at me, but composed themselves and started making their own teary goodbyes.

"B-Bye Luhan," Kai and Sehun sniffled, hugging the boy tightly. When they stepped away to move on to Yixing and Xiumin, D.O. placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Thank you for everything," D.O said, giving him a hug.

"Without  you, we would have never been able to do this," Suho added, hugging the boy when D.O. was done. 

Luhan smiled and nodded before turning away, his own eyes tinged with red.

Suho looked at Yixing. "I owe you my life twice over," He said with a smile. "I can never repay you."

"Just come back as soon as possible," Yixing whispered,  pulling the shorter boy into an embrace.

"You're a good fighter," Jongdae climbed off of his throne, clasping hands with D.O.

"You too," D.O. said with a smile.

Zitao and Sehun were saying their own farewells as Suho moved on to Xiumin and I watched as they all went to say goodbye to Kris and Chanyeol.

There were a lot of tears, both shed and unshed, and a small part of me couldn't help but doubt. If going back was this painful, why were we doing it? It felt like we belonged here. Looking up at the now standing Kris and Chanyeol, however, I felt my resolve strengthen. Chanyeol stood in front of Kris, leaning into his chest as the two spoke with the others. One of Kris' arms was wrapped around Chanyeol's waist, holding him close, Chanyeol's hand resting comfortably on top of it. 

I took a deep breath. I'd done my job here, I brought him to Kris and saved his life. I wasn't needed here any longer.

"You've done a great thing."

I jumped in shock, seeing Yixing standing beside me. "Don't look so sad, you made him happy."

I nodded, my chest aching painfully. "He was my best friend."

"He always will be."

I looked at Yixing. "I always told myself that I was worried about him, worried that Kris was hurting him," I spoke softly. "I don't think that was the whole truth." Yixing just stared, not looking surprised at all. It was as if he knew exactly what I was going to say, as if he knew me better than I knew myself. "I was scared, both for him and.. For myself. I didn't want to lose him, and I didn't know Kris well but it was like he was taking Chanyeol away. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't let him go. So I chased him and got him into this mess and now that I've fixed everything I still don't want to let him go-" My words were coming out rushed now, my breath quickening. I could feel myself losing it, like I was going to break down any minute.

Yixing pulled me into his arms. "You haven't lost him, not at all. And you never will."

I sniffled, not truly believing his words.

"Baekhyun," Luhan walked up to us, flanked by Zitao, Jongdae and Xiumin. "Thank you for everything. You defeated our enemies and reunited us. If there is anything we can do for you before you go..."

"Take care of him," I responded, not wanting anything else. 

Luhan smiled. "Of course." They all gave me hugs and said short farewells, one after another until there was only one person left in front of me.

"Kris..."

"I'll keep him safe for you," Kris promised. "I won't let him go again."

I nodded and smiled, extending a hand.

Kris looked at it and shook his head. 

I frowned, confused, and was about to pull my hand back before he grabbed it and yanked me forward, pulling me into a hug. "But you have to make me a promise too," Kris whispered in my ear. "Take care of yourself too, Baekhyun."

I bit my lip and nodded, pulling away from him. I was surprised to see that even Kris was teary eyed as he released me, stepping back to stand in line with Luhan, Yixing, Jongdae, Xiumin and Zitao. I glanced past him, seeing Chanyeol standing behind his tall boyfriend, watching us sadly.

 

"We were able to use all our magic together and with Kai's help, all you'll have to do is walk through the door and you'll be returned home," Luhan called out.

I took a deep breath, and Suho, Sehun, Kai and D.O. moved to stand next to me. We all looked at each other and I nodded. "Let's go."

I gave one final wave and turned to walk away, the others following at my heels. Each step hurt more and more, and I wondered if it was the effects of leaving my other, or of leaving my friends. Probably a mixture of both. We reached the door and stood anxiously, each of us still reluctant to leave. When no one else made a move to go first, I sighed, deciding that I would. There was no more hesitation, this had to be done now. 

I opened the door, staring through it. On the other side was just the hallway that I had entered through, but I had no doubt that all of that would change once I actually crossed the threshold. I lifted a foot to step through but was startled when a loud shout echoed through the otherwise silent room.

"Baekhyunnie!"

I turned, shocked, and saw Chanyeol push past Kris, running to me and hugging me tightly.

"Please, please don't go," He begged, his face buried in my hair, muffling his words. "Please, Baekhyunnie, I need you."

My heart swelled to hear those words, but it only served to hurt even more. I had to leave, I had to go home. 

"I don't know what I'll do without you," He continued, tears soaking my hair. "You're my best friend."

I felt the tears finally escaping my eyes, running down my cheeks. "Chanyeollie..." I had no other words, all I could do was hold my best friend as he sobbed, gripping onto me for dear life.

"I'm sorry," He gasped out, trying to catch his breath. "I'm sorry, I know you can't stay. I can't ask you to stay," He was nearly incoherent now, but I tried my best to decipher his words, engraving each one into my heart as if they were the last words that I would hear him say. "You have to go. But come back. Please come back to me."

I nodded, silently making him one more promise. One that I swore to keep.

"I love you, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol whispered, bending to kiss my cheek before hugging me once more.

"I love you too." I said, squeezing him back before letting go.

Chanyeol laughed, embarassed now as he stepped back, wiping at his cheeks furiously. He sniffled, cheeks and eyes reddened. He never looked more beautiful. "Take care of yourselves guys, and don't wait too long before coming back. I still want to be the tallest."

That's right, I recalled. Now that Chanyeol was here, his body wouldn't change as much. He was immortal now.

"Promise. Besides, I don't think I can grow any more," I joked, seeing that dorky laugh of his once more.

He composed himself, Kris and the others walking up behind him. Kris wrapped and arm around Chanyeol and waved, Chanyeol quickly following suit. Soon, all seven of them were waving, bidding us farewell as we finally turned. Walking through the door and not looking back.

***

It was dark when I returned home, my parents already asleep. I climbed into my bed as silently as possible, wanting some time to sleep and rest before having to go back to life as usual. I sighed. It wouldn't be usual, not without Chanyeol by my side. 

I recalled the time when he had gone missing, two months without so much as a call. I had been so scared, so worried. I wondered if he shared my pain during those two months of being away from me. I buried my face in the pillow. I shouldn't doubt him, I told myself. He always proved that he loved me, even when it seemed like he didn't. And just as I would be counting the days until I could see him again, I knew he would be too. 

I glanced out at the sky outside, wondering if he was seeing the same one. Probably not.

Closing my eyes finally, I willed sleep to come. "I'll come back to you soon, Chanyeollie," I whispered under my breath. "I promise."

...And Park Chanyeol and His Dragon and All Of Their Friends Lived Happily Ever After.

The End.


And it's finally over, not going to lie, I'm going to miss this story. I hope you guys enjoyed the last chapter as it was pretty much just one big goodbye. Now, I've entertained ideas of a sequel, but I'm not too sure about that yet. What do you think? I've also got an idea for another story, although this one will have darker themes and be a bit more serious, like my other Krisyeol story, Fiction and Fact.

Well, I'll see how it goes, maybe I'll do both. But anyways, enough of my rambling. One last thank you for all my amazing readers, I hope you really enjoyed this story. Please leave a comment, I can't tell you how much each one of your commens have meant to me while I was writing this. I love you all <3

Bye!!