Things Got A Little Heated Up

Dragon's Blood

I jumped, wanting to either turn and yell at him for being gone so long and then giving me a heart attack, or turning and hugging and thanking him for finally coming to our aid. Instead, I huffed, crossing my arms and glancing at him out of the corner of my eye. "Tell that to my almost dead friend and your unconscious ones," Good, Baekhyun. Good comeback.

"Suho!" The alarmed voice shocked me. Was that...?

I turned around, seeing the tall male behind Kris staring at Suho in shock and worry. "Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol looked up and I was surprised to see the light in his eyes. The once weak and pale boy was now standing tall, radiating an aura of power. He grinned at me. "Miss me?" 

I ran to him, hugging him tightly. D.O. and Sehun looked relieved, but were more reluctant to turn their backs on the enemies.

"Let's finish these guys, huh?" Chanyeol muttered into my hair, wrapping his arms around me.

I nodded against his chest, trying to blink away my tears of happiness. But when I attempted to pull away, Chanyeol only held me tighter.

"Thank you," He whispered.

I smiled and leaned upwards, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Good to see you're okay." 

I heard a soft growl from behind me and was shocked to see Kris glaring at me as if I was one of the enemies. I was confused as to what I did now, but Chanyeol only chuckled lightly, releasing me and walking to Kris. He placed a hand on the tightly clenched fist and pressed his lips to Kris' frowning ones. "Don't be jealous, baby," He laughed.

Kris? Jealous of me? I almost laughed out loud, but decided that I didn't want a ferocious dragon trying to kill me.

Kris turned, then, facing the enemies. He pulled Chanyeol to his side, wrapping a protective arm around him. 

I was mesmerized, I'd never seen the two of them truly together like this, and I had to admit, it was sweet. 

"Wu Fan," One of the men growled, "How nice of you to join us."

Kris' frown was gone, only a stern glare left on his face as he fixed the enemies with a threatening look. "Where is your leader? He's really left you to fend for yourselves?" He asked, his voice even and calmer than I'd thought it  would be.

"Actually, he doesn't think that we'd need his help. He believes you to be weak enough for us to finish off quite easily," The man laughed.

Kris raised an eyebrow. "And yet only eight of you stand before me and-" He paused, looking at the bare mount and stifling a laugh. "I could have sworn there were eleven last I heard of you."

The men looked uncomfortable then, shifting glances between one another. "Ah, yes, well..."

"Oh don't worry about it," Kris held out a hand to silence them. "Let's see if we can get that number down to zero before I get too bored, shall we?"

He released Chanyeol but not before placing a chaste kiss on his lips. "Wait with the others, alright?" He said lowly, pressing their foreheads together.

"You're not going to take them all on alone are you?" Chanyeol whispered, his eyes widening.

"No, I've got your friends with me," He assured the worried boy, glancing over his shoulder at me. "And from what I've seen, they are quite the fighters."

Seen? D.O. and I exchanged shocked looks. So Kris had been watching us the whole time? That means that he must have seen what Sehun and the others could do...

Chanyeol turned, staring at us curiously before facing Kris again. "I can help too."

Kris shook his head. "I can't risk losing you again."

Chanyeol's lips turned downwards, forming a displeased pout, but Kris only kissed them again before nudging him towards the place where Yixing was working on Suho.

"Scared?" Kris directed his next question at us. 

I shook my head vehemently, D.O. and Sehun trying to match my enthusiasm. 

Kris merely grinned, a sight that I was probably never going to get used to.

"Enough talk," The man across from us grunted, pulling the reins of his mount in annoyance. "Now, we fight."

Kris let out a breath, turning to fully face them. "I've been waiting for this for a long time."

And just as if someone had shot off a gun or rang a bell, we went into action like the start of a race. D.O. stomped on the ground, loosening large chunks of earth and using his hands to will them into the air, flinging them at the enemies.

Sehun clenched his fists at his side, a look of concentration overtaking his face as he commanded the air around him, creating strong gales that forced the others back, slowing their movements.

I raised my weapons, having no power of my own, and prepared for attack. 

Kris also raised his own weapon, a long sword much fancier than mine, and as we made eye contact, we leapt into battle.

The winds propelled me forward, throwing me straight into a man just as a mound of packed soil planteed itself in his mount's face, sending them sprawlling to the floor. I jumped onto the man, placing my foot on his chest and raising my sword with a challenge in my eyes. He snarled, baring his teeth and I was struck with how human he looked. For someone so powerful, you'd think that he was half monster or something. I sighed. Looks could be deceiving, I decided, stabbing downwards and embedding my sword in his jugular.

After the first kill, the battle went smoothly for us. D.O. and Sehun did their best to dismount and disarm them, as we finished them off, and soon we had killed three more.

I was beginning to sweat by this time, however, the weight of the rest of the battle still weighing on me heavily. I raised my sword to finish off another one whom I'd just managed to tackle to the ground, my arm feeling like lead, when a hand grabbed my wrist halting my attack. I turned my head, wide eyed, to come face to face with another enemy, him standing over me threateningly.

He raised his own weapon, another battleaxe, and I was sure that my life was over until he suddenly screamed, dropping his weapon as he fell to the ground. I stepped back in surprise, seeing fire erupting from his back as he rolled on the ground, trying, in vain, to extinguish the flames. I turned to D.O. and Sehun in confusion but they both just shrugged, unsure of what just happened.

Kris, however, turned to Chanyeol immediately, glaring at him accusingly.

Chanyeol merely shrugged. "I'm not going to stand by and let Baekhyun get hurt," He defended, crossing his arms.

I frowned. That was Chanyeol's doing? 

"Baekhyun watch out!" He suddenly shouted, and I turned my head in time to see that the man whom I'd knocked down earlier was standing up now, and ready to attack.

I blocked his blow with my sword, both of our weapons clashing. I was nervous, I'd never been in a sword fight before and my earlier practice was nothing compared to this, but as I dodged and slashed, I managed to grasp the mechanics of it. "Oh god, oh god, oh god," I repeated as I moved, unsure of why I was still standing, but it seemed to be working out very well for me.

Just then, our duel was interrupted by a loud and familiar noise. The heavy beating of wings against the sky.

The man smirked, pulling away and stepping backwards as he grinned menacingly.

"What-?" I turned to Kris for an explanation but my heart sank when I saw the fear on his face. The remaining three men had backed away from us until they were all standing in a line again, grinning menacingly.

The sound grew louder until I saw the source, a large black dragon flying through the sky towards us. To my surprise, it was even larger than Kris when in his dragon form, and I was pretty sure that had I any less dignity, I'd have urinated right in my pants.

The dragon touched down behind the men. It had two heads, baring two sets of sharp fangs that looked as big as my sword.  The claws themselves looked sharp enough to rip my house in half like butter, and left deep grooves in the ground at his feet.

Sehun made a small whine of fear, and I moved closer to him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him closer.

"Do you give up yet, Wu Fan?" The man in the middle taunted, relishing in the fear on our faces.

Kris clenched his jaw, his face deathly pale, but before he could answer, another deep voice piped up.

"Not even close," Chanyeol said, stepping forward to grab Kris' hand. "We," He emphasized, squeezing the fingers in his grip, "Aren't backing down so easily."

"Yeah," Another voice spoke up, and I was suprised to see Kai moving to stand in between D.O. and Sehun. "We're gonna kick dragon ." Chanyeol shot him a dirty look and he sheepishly added, "Evil dragon ."

"Sounds like a plan," A softer voice behind me spoke, and I turned, pleased to see Suho on his feet again. He was still quite pale, with dried blood on his chin and neck, but he was standing strong.

"We're in," Jongdae and Xuimin said, both still clearly exhausted, but being helped to their feet by Zitao and Luhan.

Yixing smirked, cracking his knuckles.

Kris smiled, staring around at the eleven of us before turning back to the man.

"Does that answer your question?"

The two heads snarled then, in unison, and I took that as a sign to start.

Zitao, Sehun, D.O., Suho, Xiumin and Jongdae rushed forward to finish off the rest of the men and their mounts, and I joined Kai, Luhan, Chanyeol, Yixing and Kris as they faced off against the two-headed dragon. "Do we have a plan?" I asked as I approached.

"How about 'don't get killed'?" Kai suggested.

"How about 'duck'!" Chanyeol shouted, dragging the two of us down to the ground as a large claw swooped over our heads. 

I turned to the side but Luhan and Kris were nowhere to be seen. "Kris?"

Just then, two pairs of feet touched down in front of me and I looked up to see Kris, his arm around Luhan.

"How did you-" Before I could even finish my question, Kris bent his knees slightly before jumping into the air, managing to make it much higher than a regular jump, however, as he practically soared up to one of the dragon's heads. "Oh," I finished lamely, getting to my feet and helping Kai and Chanyeol up.

To my right, I heard crackling noises as Jongdae sent bolts of lighting straight into the chests of the men on the left and right, knocking them off the mounts that were suddenly flung backwards by a spray of rocks and dirt.

Kris faced the dragon before opening his mouth and letting out a very inhuman screech. Flames surrounded him before two wings erupted from them, revealing Wu Fan in all his might.

Wu Fan flew above the dragon, clawing at one of the faces, but he was having a lot of difficulty carrying out his attacks while avoiding the other head. 

"Kris!" Chanyeol shouted, calling up to his lover.

The smaller dragon paid no heed, however, continuing his attack. 

I glanced quickly at the other battle. The man in the middle came running at the others, leaping off of his beast, but Suho sent a wave of water straight at him, drenching him where he stood. He looked momentarily shocked but ready to attack again, but before he could move, the water began to freeze, encasing him in ice. Xuimin smirked, high fiving Suho.

"We need to stop that other head," Chanyeol said, turning towards us and drawing my attention again.

I bit my lip, trying to come up with some sort of brilliant idea, before Chanyeol suddenly snapped his fingers. "Kai, can you get me onto that head?"

Kai's eyes bulged out. "Excuse me?!"

"Get me onto that other head. I want to try something," The tall brunette replied.

"That's way too dangerous," Luhan argued.

Wu Fan let out another deafening shriek as the second head reached up and attempted to catch the dragon in its jaw, barely missing yet managing to scrape a fang across black scales.

"Kai, now!" Chanyeol grabbed his shoulder, shocking Kai and the two of them disappeared in dark wisps of smoke.

I looked up and to my horror there they appeared, balancing precariously on top of the head. Kai grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder to hold himself steady as it swung back and forth, attempting to knock them off.

Chanyeol bent, crawling to the front of the head and extending his hands as flames began to dance around his fingertips. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the beast of the frozen rider lunge forward, but his movements were slowed by Zitao, Sehun causing the winds around it to pick up and send the mount flying into its owner, shattering the icy body into pieces.

The six then moved to finish off the last of the mounts as Chanyeol placed his flaming hands straight onto the eyes of the larger dragon. It let out a loud roar, throwing its head back. Kai went flying as Chanyeol attempted to grab onto the scales on the top of its head.

"Kai!" Luhan raised one hand then, and Kai's quick path through the air was halted as he began to levitate in place.

Chanyeol climbed to his feet but the head continued thrashing around, knocking him off and he ended up sliding down the long neck.

Luhan's eyes widened and he turned his head, catching sight of Kris' sword that had been dropped to the ground when he flew into the air. He lifted his other hand and the sword flew into the air towards Chanyeol, who caught it and spun quickly, stabbing it into the scaley neck and slowing his fall before he stopped completely, the blade anchored deep in dragon flesh.

Blood dripped down from the wound, running over Chanyeol's hand and body, and it continued its pained shrieks, still trying to fend off the boy as  he held on to the short handle for dear life.

Wu Fan swatted at the head he'd been battling before noticing that his fiance was in danger and quickly flying down to Chanyeol.

The tall boy watched as Wu Fan drew closer before finally letting himself drop, landing on the smaller dragon's back as he quickly evaded the swinging claws of the now furious beast.

I looked at Yixing, feeling especially helpess as Luhan slowly let Kai drift down to the ground.Yixing made a sympathetic face at me, understanding how I felt with his powers being unable to help offensively.

Fire was being shot repeatedly at the two headed dragon now, erupting from both Chanyeol and Wu Fan.

"Baekhyun!" An out of breath D.O. ran to my side, grabbing my shoulder. "How's it going?"

I turned to see the other five gathered behind him, staring up at the fight.

"Bad," I noted. No matter how much Wu Fan and Chanyeol injured that thing, it didn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. Or at least, I thought, tilting my head to the side, one of its heads. The other one, the one that Chanyeol had stabbed earlier, was lolling to the side, eyes seared shut and blood smeared over its scales. I glanced at the drooping neck, seeing Kris' sword protruding from it.

I glanced back up at Chanyeol and Kris, noticing now for the first time that the flames seemed to be merely bouncing off of the scales and not doing much harm.

"We need to get past the scales," I said, eyes widening.

"How?" Kai asked.

I looked down at the sword in my hand. "We need to stab it, cut it, anything we can do to get past its armor."

A burst of Chanyeol's fire ended up in the dragon's mouth as it roared, causing a gargled screech to erupt from its throat as it reared back.

I caught sight of its underbelly and bit my lip. "There!" I charged forward, attempting to attack, but it must have seen me coming as all of a sudden, a large claw was headed my way, and fast.

I quickly dropped to the grond before it could come in contact with me, and rolled to the side, standing up and trying my attack again.

The claw swung at me again, but much slower this time. I could see Zitao raising a hand, focusing on the claw, but when I tried to get to the underbelly again, the dragon dropped back onto all fours. It would have squashed me, but it was as if the ground under me openened up, literally swallowing me whole as I found myself sitting in a small ditch below the beast.

I stabbed upwards with my sword, hearing its pained noises, as it took off into the air to get away from my blade, unfortunately taking the weapon, and nearly me, with it.

Suho shot water at the beast, Xiumin freezing each wave so large blocks of ice were being flung at the beast. One managed to catch it in the wing but it knocked the first away, the frozen chunk falling down right above me. I screamed, falling to the ground inside the hole as the ice landed on top of it, sealing me in. I reached up to try and push the ice off, but it was way too heavy. I wasn't trapped for long, however, as Kai appeared next to me, taking my hand and teleporting us to Suho's side.

"Sorry," He apologized, Xiumin nodding sheepishly behind him.

I waved them off, glancing up as the dragon and Wu Fan fought in the air, attacking each other viciously. "Chanyeol's on his back," I said, swallowing thickly. Wu Fan soared up and down, in between swinging claws, and just watching made me feel sick.

Sehun closed his eyes and a huge gust of wind caught the dragon, knocking it backwards. Wu Fan fought to stay steady as the winds continued to speed up, creating a storm around them. Jongdae sent bolths of lighting down at  the two headed beast, each bolt hitting its target perfectly. 

"Watch out for Wu Fan!" I called out, hoping that Jongdae wouldn't accidentally blast him and Chanyeol out of the sky.

Suddenly, the dragon looked at me, swooping down past Wu Fan and heading straight for us. "Duck!" I screamed, falling to the ground quickly as razor sharp talons sliced through the air above my head. Others, however, didn't seem so lucky as heard a pained shout. I looked up in time ot see Jongdae go flying, having been caught by one of the claws. The beast landed on the ground, trapping Jongdae in beneath it in its grip, claws making a cage around the boy.

D.O. stomped, a crack extending from where his foot had landed and travelling towards the trapped boy quickly, but the dragon reared up, throwing Jongdae at us. He crashed into Sehun and Zitao, taking the two of them down with a grunt. D.O. was quick to retaliate, flinging pieces of earth at the beast, Luhan and Xiumin quickly joining in with pieces of rock and ice. The dragon, however, would have none of it as it used its wing to send all the projectiles flying right back at us.

I raised my arms over my head to shield it, but felt my body exploding in pain as I was pelted.

Wu Fan went right back to attacking the beast, growing more ferocious as he attempted to sink his teeth into its long neck, but the larger dragon was too quick. Even the second head was magically beginning to rouse itself, apparently having been only knocked out.

I turned to my side, seeing the others bruised and bloody. Kai was gripping his already injured shoulder, Jongdae and Xiumin looked ready to pass out, and Zitao was panting heavily, trying to pull Sehun back to his feet. Still injured and exhausted from before, things were starting to look bleak for the twelve of us. Wu Fan and Chanyeol couldn't make a dent in the beast while it only countered and intercepted all our attacks, and half of us were almost out of commission once again.

And just when things started really looking bad, they only got worse. The dragon's swinging claws finally caught Wu Fan across the chest, and to my horror, it pushed the smaller dragon down, stepping on the body. Wu Fan screeched, wings beating against the ground and talons scratching at his opponent as he tried to regain his footing. I saw Chanyeol on the ground unconscious next to the brawling beasts, and felt like throwing up. "Chanyeol!" I shouted. I almost lost him once, I was not going to lose him again. It seemed like I wasn't the only one thinking that, as Wu Fan turned his head, seeing his lover's limp body. 

 

"Kai, get me to them!" I said, turning, desperate to be near Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun, he'll tear you to shreds," Luhan argued.

Wu Fan roared, sending a huge burst of flame into the dragon's face, stunning it momentarily. When it was weakened, Wu Fan rolled back onto his front, standing up on his hind legs and sinking his teeth into the neck before him, as he'd attempted to do earlier.The two headed dragon screeched again, stabbing his claws into Wu Fan's side and practically ripping the smaller dragon away from it, blood gushing out from the wound on its neck. Wu Fan dropped, also bloodied, but the body that hit the ground was a lot smaller. 

 

"I'll go with him," Yixing said, surprising me.

"What?" I turned. We were the two most useless ones right now, and I was pretty sure that this was a very bad idea.

The dragon looked triumphant, moving closer to the fallen god. Although Kris was still, I saw movement from next to him as Chanyeol lifted a weary head.

"Luhan, you and the others back us up if we fail," Yixing said.

"Fail what?!" Luhan looked frustrated but Kai let out a sigh and held his hands out, Yixing and I taking one each as we were teleported a few feet behind the two boys.

Kai groaned, falling to his knees. I felt guilty; it was clear that the boy was still very drained. 

"Baekhyun, listen to me. This is a long shot but its our only hope," Yixing spoke quickly.

I blinked in confusion, looking back at Chanyeol over my shoulder as he slowly got to his knees, staring at the dragon that was slowly advancing on him.

"The last one of us. My counterpart."

I frowned, unsure of what he was getting to. Both of the beast's mouths were stretched into what appeared to be a sick grin.

"Do you know what his power was?"

I shook my head, my heart pounding. The dragon lifted both heads, one clearly aimed for Chanyeol, the other for Kris.

"Grab on to me."

I took a deep breath, but realizing that I had no other choice, I did what I was told.


Dun Dun Dunnn. No but really, probably no suspense there as you guys can guess what's going to happen, right? Wow I can't believe this is almost over after so many months, thanks you guys for sticking with me and my super slow updates but I promise, I will get this done as soon as possible. Please leave a comment and I can't even express how awesome you all are. Reading your feedback always makes me so excited to write the next bit, so keep being your lovely selves and I'll see you next time :)