And Bloodshed

Dragon's Blood

"Chanyeol!" I called out; the two men were nearly upon him.

Chanyeol turned in time to see an arm reaching out for him and he ducked, evading the swing but falling to the ground. He kicked upwards, managing to catch his attacker in the stomach and send him flying backwards, tumbling down the slope and towards D.O, Kai and I. Kai, who still had the most energy out of the three of us, was running a few feet ahead and seemed to have not noticed the male bowling ball, effectively tripping over the guy and sending them sprawling into a tangled mess of limbs. 

The tall brunette above us sat up, seeing the mess with shock and calling out a "Sorry!" Before Luhan pulled him up, eyeing the second attacker who was much bigger and stronger looking. He seemed to be the leader, as he waved the large flag pole around, nearly hitting Luhan with the metal rod. 

D.O. turned to me. "I'll help Kai handle this guy, you go to Chanyeol," He said, not waiting for my reply as he dove into the wrestling match on the floor.

Wary of leaving my two friends, I relucantly came to the decision that the other man was much more dangerous, and hurried the rest of the way up the hill. The man was standing over Chanyeol, keeping him on the ground with quick movements of his feet, while keeping Luhan away with the pole. Sehun was struggling with keeping Suho on his back while wanting to help the two, and when he saw me he let out a sigh of relief. 

"Sehun, keep going with Suho!" I said, rushing to Luhan's aid. 

My voice attracted the attention of the man and after hitting Luhan in the stomach violently, he turned towards me with a smirk. With horror, I saw Luhan doubled over with pain behind him. In the flashes of lightning, I could see the man's eyes. There was no white in them whatsoever, just endless pools of black. The inhumanness reminded me of Wufan's eyes, but although Wufan was much more terrifying, I knew this man wouldn't hesitate to skewer us with that flag pole of his.

"Chanyeol?" I looked down at the man's feet. I'd seen him deliver a sharp kick to Chanyeol's head earlier, and it seemed that the boy was still suffering the consequences as he laid unconscious on the floor. Sehun shifted uncomfortably, still wondering whether or not he should listen to me.

"Baekhyun, careful-" Luhan gasped out, trying to regain his breath. 

The man smirked, walking over my fallen friend and towards me, brandishing his weapon with a menacing look. 

I gulped, wishing that I had spent more time actually participating in gym class. My body was aching and I felt ready to keel over any minute. 

As the storm raged on above me, I was amazed that it hadn't started raining yet. I knew that if it did, we would probably be done for; as much as fighting was not our fortes, fighting in the mud and rain would probably just mean sudden death. 

The man continued to advance, taking his sweet time. He was taunting me, I realized. We both knew that I was going down. There was no way that I could beat him with sheer force, no, I had to think of a plan. And quick.

I glanced up at the sky, praying for some sort of help, then I realized that praying probably wouldn't help as the only god here that I knew had forbidden all of his friends from coming to our aid. 

I frowned. It was hard for me to believe that we were getting no help, every step of the way it was like we were being guided by an unseen force. From the petal at the river to the weather on the ocean, people were helping us. I wondered if the man at the base of the hill was one of our helping hands too, it clearly seemed like it. 

I looked back at the guy in front of me. He was seconds away, extending his arm, coming down in a violent swing. I gulped. The thunder grew louder, almost loud enough to make the ground shake as it crashed overhead. Then, something terrifying happened, lighting crashed to the Earth merely a few yards away, causing my spine to tingle and hairs to stand up, and pieces of mud and dirt flying everywhere.

The man appeared shaken and I took this opportunity to dodge the pole, ducking to the side and barely escaping the attack. He quickly regained his senses, coming after me once more and making jabs at me. I moved fast, unbelievably slow, with all the adrenaline and fear coursing through me. I dodged hit after hit, rolling and crawling around on the ground like a fussy baby. 

I eventually had maneuvered my way to the hole in the ground where the lightning had hit. Before I could go any further, a sharp pain exploded in my side as the metal weapon came in contact with it. I let out a shout, that man was much stronger than I'd imagined, which was saying a lot. 

Biting back a curse, I rolled onto my stomach, shutting my eyes tightly. In the brief flashes of lighting, I saw his shadow above me. He was raising his arm, ready to strike. I heard his gloating chuckle. 

In my mind, I was a goner. I would become some weird Baekhyun beef-kabob, and hopefully the fighting man would come to help Chanyeol and the others, and they would survive and attend my funeral. I huffed, those weren't the last thoughts I was hoping to have.

"Baekhyun!" A shout caught my attention and I saw D.O. and Kai rushing up the hill towards me. I felt proud of them, they managed to take down their opponent. "Baekhyun!" D.O. was pointing up into the sky, but I had no idea what he was trying to tell me.

Lifting my head, I saw streaks of lighting on a background of black, nothing new here. My head fell down again, facing the hole before me and I saw the man's shadow as he lowered the pole in a deathly arc.

I continued staring into the crater before me, amazed at the luck in the lightning distracting the man earlier. If only that would happen again now, however I knew, lightning hardly ever stuck twice in the same place. Then again, I wasn't so sure this was natural lightning. 

The ocean, the river, the lightning... "Baekhyun!" I heard D.O.'s frantic call again and took a deep breath. Please help me.

I turned rapidly only my back, kicking the man's hand upwards just before his weapon could pierce my skin. My counterattack sent his arm flying upwards, the flag pole pointing high into the sky.

The next few moments occured in slow motion for me, as I watched with bated breath and wide eyes. A bright arc of electricity descended from the sky, branches of lightning fizzing off to the side, and came in contact with the metal pole as if it were a lightning rod. The man's skin was illuminated with the electrical currents running through him, and I could hear his strangled shout of pain as he was shocked from the inside out. Unable to let go of the flag pole, he remained standing as I watched on in amazement.

Finally, the lightning just moved back as if up into the sky, the man standing frozen for a few minutes before falling forward. I rolled to the side and out of the way as his body crashed down where I'd been lying only seconds before.

My heart thudded erratically as I fought to catch my breath. "Baekhyun!" D.O. ran up to me, helping me up. "Are you okay?"

"That was awesome! He like... Exploded!" Kai shouted excitedly.

I laughed weakly, ruffling Kai's hair. "You guys okay?"

D.O. nodded. "Yeah, we double-teamed him," He said with a grin.

Kai made a face. "Don't say it like that," He huffed, causing D.O. to frown in confusion.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's voice caught my attention and I saw him walking towards that. "I saw that, it was crazy! Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said with a faint smile, looking up at the sky. The relentless lightningstorm had died down, only a few streaks soaring through the clouds now.

We walked back up the hill towards Luhan and Sehun, the two staring at us in amazement. 

"Woah Baekhyunnie, that was so cool, Suho's gonna be sad he missed it," Sehun shifted the man on his back, who seemed dead to the world.

"Yeah, if he ever wakes up," I said, "Come on, let's hurry."

"Wait, who was that guy who helped you earlier?" Chanyeol said before I could move.

I gasped, I'd nearly forgotten all about him. Turning back to the bottom of the hill, I was shocked with what I saw. 

All the attackers were lying on the ground, and the man was nowhere to be seen.

"Let's not waste time," Luhan said, eyes not leaving the spot where the fight had taken place. "We have to get Suho and Chanyeol over the mountain." 

I eyed him suspiciously and saw that there was a small smile on his lips. I nodded, suspiscions confirmed. "Alright, let's go."

We all turned and continued the trek up the mountain, Kai and Sehun stilll asking me excitedly for details of my fight.


Alright, another late chapter, sorry about that guys! I've got another one in the works though, so stay tuned and hopefully I can get it up today. Comments are always appreciated and thanks for reading!! :)