CHAPTER 24:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

 

ANN'S POV:

 

 

I rushed to school because I'm going to be late. I closed the locket and keep it. It was cute.

 

Exactly the bell rang, I got to my first subject, James was seating far from me so I cant tell him about his bracelet.

 

>>First subject done. I need to go to the second one, immediately.

I'm thinking of how will I tell James, and I'm also thinking who is the girl kissing him in the picture. She seems so special. Because I've noticed James is always wearing that bracelet.

 

Back to my class:

I cant focus that much. My mind is in somewhere. I dont know why. Good thing that the teacher didn't call me for a recitation.

 

Then Break Time!

 

When I got out of the room, somebody pulled me. It hurts, the grip of the person hurts. But the touch was familiar.

 

"Hey! That hurts! Who are---" I was about to ask but when I looked at the person, It was James, again.

 

"What do you need again?" I asked him.

 

"Hey, about Fretzie?" He whispered.

 

"Why are you whispering?"

 

"So no one could hear me. Shh! It's only between you and me" He said.

 

"So, what am I gonna do now?" I asked him coz I'm hungry, I wanna eat now.

 

"You have to tell Fretzie good things about me" He commanded. I giggled when he said that, good things? Yeah. Right. That's why I fell in love with him.

 

"Why are you giggling?" He asked me, and I was just smiling.

 

"Nothing. By the way, good things? Hmm?" I joked pretending to think.

 

"Stop it Ann. You have many good things to say about me." He said with a tone.

 

"Stop it James. I dont know what to say about you" I copied his tone a while ago.

 

"Yes you have" He said.

 

"No I dont have" I answered back.

 

"Yes you have" He said again. We continued to tease each other .. then ...

 

"What's going on here?" Fretzie and Jenny saw us. We glanced to their direction.

 

"Oh. Nothing. Just discussing something." James made an alibi.

 

"Discussing? I thought you're teasing each other?" Fretzie is suspicious.

 

"Uh--Yea. Because this SMART James Reid is discussing something to me." I emphasized the word "Smart" because he said I tell Fretzie good things about him.

 

"What's that?" Fretzie asked. James did not talked anymore.

 

"Uhm.. About his WONDERFUL LIFE.." I really dont know what to say.

 

"Huh?" Fretzie didn't get it.

 

So James changed the topic to stop it.

 

"Okay. Okay. Never mind that girls! Can we eat now?" James said.

 

"Yah. I'm hungry" I second the motion.

 

They all nodded and we go to the cafeteria. Gosh. There's so many people around. James is finding Bret, but he can’t spot him. So he excuse for a while to look for Bret somewhere.

 

"Hey Ann. What you and James doing a while ago?" Jenny whispered to me.

 

"Nothing couz" I answered back.

 

"You're keeping secrets to me now couz huh?" Jenny replied.

 

 

>>After few hours at school, it's dismissal time. Then, I remembered James' barcelet again. So I asked Jenny if she saw James.

 

"Jenny, have you seen James?" Jenny was surprised with my question.

 

"Couz, obsessed? They already got home with Fretzie, as usual."

 

"Aw. Okay. Let's go home too couz" Jenny nodded so we go home.

 

>>When we got home, I changed my clothes and get my bag. Jenny saw me leaving.

 

http://asianfashion4u.com/bookPic/largesize/TFY/20100330/6002/4.jpg?jdfwkey=m8wur3

 

"Hey! Where are you going couz?" She asked.

 

"James. Dont worry couz. I'll be right back.I'll text you. By the way, I'll use the car"

 

Jenny just nodded so I just left immediately.

 

 

>> I drove the car and got to James' house in no time. I rang the door bell and a woman opened the gate.

 

"Hello ma'am. Good Afternoon" I greeted. *I think it's his mom*

 

"Who are you?" The woman asked.

 

"I'm Ann Li. And I'm James' friend" I said with a respect and a smile.

 

"Oh. James' friend. So you're looking for James?"

 

I nodded and said.. "I will just return back something to him ma'am"

 

"Sure. Come in" She let me in, and I sat down at the living room.

 

I looked around the house. It's beautiful, and so big. Yeah. James is rich too.

 

"Wait. Okay? I'll just call James" I did not answered. Her mom is nice.

 

 

JAMES' POV:

 

Mom called me at my room saying I have a visitor, and it's a girl. I wonder who is it. The first person that came to my mind is Fretzie, is she visiting me?

 

I immediately go down and look who's my visitor. I go to the living room and saw a girl sitting at the sofa. She's not like Fretzie. I got nearer to her, and she faced to my direction. I saw it was Ann. What is she doing here?

 

"James" She said.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

 

"Can we talk?" She said. *Talk? What are we going to talk about?*

 JAMES' POV:

 

 

Yeah. It was Ann.

 

"James" She said.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked

 

"Can we talk?" She asked too.  *What are we going to talk about?* As far as I remember, we already talked this morning.

 

"What about?"

 

She already stood up and faced me.

 

"About something" She said seriously. This is the first time that I saw Ann this serious. What is this all about?

 

"Ok. Wait. Come." I walked to the garden. And gesturing to her that she follow me.

 

We got in to the garden. She's looking around.

 

"Why here?" She asked.

 

"Because you're serious. It must be something" I answered back. We got in to the gazebo, I offered her a seat.

 

"Why? It is just because I'm serious?" She sat down.

 

"Yah. This is the perfect place for you"

 

"Thanks. It's beautiful here" She complimented. Still looking around.

 

"I know, so what are we talking about?" I changed the topic now.

 

"About.. this.." She showed me a bracelet, with a locket.. It looks familiar to me. So I looked at it closely. Then I get it.

 

"Where did you get this?" I asked her while I open the locket, and yeah. It was the bracelet Lauren gave me.

 

"At the table at the cafe where we met this morning" She answered.

 

"How did it---" I was about to say then she cut it off.

 

"Who's the girl?" She asked suspiciously.

 

"Uh-- Uhm.. She's my sister.. Lauren" I answered without hesitation.

 

"Oh. She's so special." She answered and now, she's getting bubbly again.

 

"Very.." I smiled.

 

We were silent for like minutes. So I broke it.

 

"So you came here just because of that?" I asked.

 

"Uhm.. A bit." She answered.

 

"Oh. Wait. How about the plan? Gaaad. We're almost caught this morning!" I over reacted.

 

"Yah I know. But it's okay" Ann was at ease. Seems like she's not worried

 

"Uhm.. About our date? Have you told Fretzie already?" I asked now seriously. Because I'm serious of that date.

 

"No not yet" She answered

 

"Not yet? You should tell her though" I said and I'm worried. Because I planned for that date very well.

 

"Why? Is it that important?" She asked raising one eyebrow

 

"Yes. It's important. So, please. Tomorrow, tell her right away okay?"

 

"We'll see.." She whispered but I heard it.

 

"What?" I asked pretending I not heard it.

 

"Yes Yes. I'll tell it to her right away" She was about to leave

 

But mom arrived at the garden..

 

 

ANN'S POV:

 

"We'll see.." I whispered because he's super worried about it, it's only a date.

 

"What?" He asked.

 

"Yes Yes. I'll tell it to her right away" I picked up my bag and ready to leave.

 

But James' mom arrived at the garden gladly.

 

"Why leave so soon?" She asked me.

 

"Oh. Sorry ma'am. It's going to be late now." I said with respect and bows.

 

"Dont want to have dinner here?" I was shocked. His mom is inviting me for dinner! James' reaction was like shocked to.

 

"Oh. No ma'am. It's okay. I'll just have dinner at home" I really cant think of an alibi.

 

"If you won't have dinner here, I'll be mad."  His mom gave a pout. I smiled.

 

"Well, I guess. Sure ma'am." I agreed. James' mom was glad too.

 

"Dont call me ma'am. Just call me tita"

 

"Ok. Thanks tita" We headed to their dining room. James followed as well.

 

On the dining room:

 

I was still standing..

 

"Take a seat dear" James' mom said. So I sat down on one of the chairs.

 

Then Bret arrived..

 

"Woooowww.. Look who's here.." Bret exclaimed as he headed to the dining table.

 

"Hi there Bret" I greeted him. He's sitting in in front of me.

 

"What is Fretzie's most ever kind bestfriend doing here?" He asked.

 

"Oh. I just returned back something to James." I answered.

 

"Oh. I see. By the way, where's James?" We noticed that James is not around.

 

"Maybe he's just refreshing somewhere, Bret can you call him now? We're going to eat" James' mom was so kind.

 

"Mom, can Ann do that for me?" Bret glanced at me and whispered..

 

"Ann. Go. Find James" *What? Maybe I'll be lost in this big house*

 

"I can't" I whispered back.

 

"Ann, maybe you can find him at the gazebo.." Their mom exclaimed. *Oh yeah. The gazebo..*

 

"But..." I was about to say an excuse..

 

"Go Ann" Bret winked at me.

 

So I have no choice. I stood up. And go to the gazebo.. There, I found James standing..

 

"James.." He glanced at me.

 

"Yes?" He said.

 

"Dinner?"

 

"Yeah. I'm coming"

 

"Okay."

 

I was about to leave..

 

"Ann.." He said. *He mentioned my name again*

 

"Yes?" I answered back.

 

"Can I ask a question?" He said seriously.

 

"What's that?"

 

"Have you fallen in love?" *I was shocked with his question*

 

"Honestly, a bit." I answered.

 

"Why only a bit?" He asked confused.

 

"Because I'm not sure"

 

"Not sure of what?"

 

"Not sure if I love him the way he wants to"

 

"Who?"

 

"My bestfriend"

 

"Oh. I'm sorry"

 

"That's okay. Why did you ask?''

 

"Coz I'm not sure too"

 

"Of what?"

 

"Of Fretzie.." *Oh my..*

 

"WHY?!" I was shocked.

 

"Hey dont be over-reacting.. I just dont know if I'll still continue on courting her" He answered.

 

"What makes you think that?"

 

"I dont know." He answered blankly. I can't get his point.

 

Minutes of silence. We were standing beside each other and feeling the cool wind touch our skin.. It was refreshing..

 

...

 

"Hey! Dinner time.. Aren't you two gonna eat?" Bret interrupted the silence. James and I broke our thoughts for while and faced Bret.

 

"Yeah. We're coming" James said.

 

Bret nodded then he leave.

 

"Shall we go?" James invited lending his arms.. *What is he doing?* I looked at him and he's gesturing that I should take his arms and we will both go inside the house.. I was surprised by his sudden action.

 

I just took it. And we both headed inside their house..