How to Start?

What About Action Stories?

Don't be sad, don't be depressed and don't be panic. To start off your action story, it actually depends on your story.

But, don't start with action for the sake of drawing in the reader; you'll fail. Some authors would start off by describing the surroundings and where the setting is taken.

The MBLAQ group was currently living at a well guarded mansion on the East side of Verona. Their mansion could rival the White House, that's how exquisite it was. Then again, MBLAQ was one of 3 groups that belonged to the House of Montague so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
 
Inside the mansion, G.O walked into the meeting room. Seungho, Joon, Mir, and Thunder were all sitting at the rosewood round table in the middle of the spacious room. They had been looking over some paperwork when he entered. They all looked up at him and he had a somewhat grim expression.
 
"Have you guys seen the news?" He asked as he picked up the remote from nearby and the tv.
 
The guys shook their heads as they turned their attention to the current news being shown. On the HD screen there were the 6 familiar faces of their rivals, BEAST. Everyone let out a groan. When one of the groups from the House of Capulet was on the news, it was never good news for them. 
 
Seungho looked over at G.O. "What's going on? What did we miss?"
 
That's how Aquathunder41 started her story. Simple, yet, awesome with the actual setting of 'Romeo and Juliet'.
 
All you need is to make an outline on a paper. If you have a map to follow, you are much less likely to get lost. You should probably review your outline and decide what characters you will need, and how they will be the figure in the story. Don't forget to start with a king conflict in your plot that your characters are going to solve, except for making you to have your end point, this also helps you to keep your readers' attention.
 
Another tips is don't write too many unnecessary descriptions. Aquathunder41 has entirely explained how the mansion looks like with only a short paragraph that I bold. It's really a strike.
 
Often a writer, even good writers, will have a character enter a room, survey it, and describe the color of the walls, piles, etc,. We rarely do that -- besides, we know what a room looks like. Rather, we go into a room looking for something specific to do: find a chair to sit, look for someone to talk to, remove carpeting. Description should often follow the consciousness of the characters.
 
For oneshot itself, don't take too much description about your character's past and appearance, you just need to tell what is going to happen next which is the twist for the action scene. You can write a brief description of what your characters feel towards each other, if only it involves a love story to make it more interesting.
 
Now, make your outline and check out chapter 2. :)